Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    She sure does :yep:

Thanks. Its my first one ever.
    :eek: first one ever? but you've been a member since 2007!

how long you had this one for?

oh and im just curious...are you male or female?:p:

ReputationRep:
    hellllllllllo:hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Hmmm...strange. :curious:

Whenever you quote me, it never appears in the 'Who Quoted Me' box.
    I'm not like you lay people...on a more serious note, :eek: Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Euhh I'm the worst person to ask for help on something English-related :sigh:

You spelt departure wrong, and I reckon 'accustomed' is the incorrect word to use.

From that sentence, you're saying 'looking over the large check-in desks which I was 'in the habit of'/'used to' going to' -
    It doesn't really make sense. What is it you're trying to say? Because imho accustomed is the wrong word :dontknow:
    I've left this stupid coursework for the last minute, 1500 words in for tomorrow. Basically, everyone in ma' class went for this adventure thing and had to write about that, BUT I went to a wedding instead :]

Teacher said you write two essays, and we'll send the best one off; I've wrote one and am writing the second one. So I'm thinking of writing about being aerophobic and overcoming my problems. I think my first one will be sent through though. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    what about when i quote?:p:
    When you quote my browser just crashes. And when Mak does my computer just dies, I have to reboot it. :mmm: lol J'kin.

ReputationRep:
    When you quote my browser just crashes. And when Mak does my computer just dies, I have to reboot it. :mmm: lol J'kin.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkzz)
    :hi:
    your doing english right?
    well I'm doing some coursework; gotta' write about something you've done yourself so I'm writing about the airport; this make sense?

[I]I stood on the balcony of the depature lounge, looking over the large check-in desks which I was accustomed to go to.[/I]

sounds stupid right?
    :lolwut:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    hahaha =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    I'm not like you lay people...on a more serious note, :eek: Seriously?
    Yep, I'm serious. Dunno why bro, maybe ask other people if they experience the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo156)
    :lolwut:

I stood on the balcony of the depature lounge, looking over the large check-in desks which were flooded with people of all nationalities. I walked slowly towards the escalators whilst my heart started racing upon the thought of flying.

brap :]

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm serious. Dunno why bro, maybe ask other people if they experience the same.
    That's pretty creepy. I never had problems with others, or maybe they just didn't tell me lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ooohh, I need to constantly edit mine too, I just don't have the patience to do so :dontknow: I'll get cracking soon hopefully. Maybe after I've got this coursework piece out of the way. I fail to understand how some people manage with the likes of 5 or 6 subjects when I occasionally feel under pressure doing 4 :sigh:

Aahh you're a science person :teeth: What is it you want to study at degree level? I do Law, Psychology and English combined. :flutter: I dropped Art. However, I'm now left wondering whether it was wise for me to do so. I haven't even gone back to college and I already miss it :ninja:
    You've got time at least(unless you're applying for Oxbridge)...I want to study medicine,so mine has to be in by October 15th :lolwut: I suppose it's not that bad,considering my personal statement's progressing along nicely...so far

Yes I'm a science person :teeth: My Maths teachers hated me for droppin it :sigh: I see you like essay-based subjects,you must be a genius to take all essay-based,I can't do most of them to save my life :sigh: I was good at English I suppose,but that was only the creative writing bit really :yep:

We had to carry on with our subjects till the start of the holidays,in case we changed our mind about dropping a certain subject...did you guys drop your 4th subjects before the summer holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Btw, it's impossible for me to PM you, i tried doing that before to tell you about the university of Madinah thing, it kept saying that the user could not be found. Did you disable PM's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    You've got time at least(unless you're applying for Oxbridge)...I want to study medicine,so mine has to be in by October 15th :lolwut: I suppose it's not that bad,considering my personal statement's progressing along nicely...so far

Yes I'm a science person :teeth: My Maths teachers hated me for droppin it :sigh: I see you like essay-based subjects,you must be a genius to take all essay-based,I can't do most of them to save my life :sigh: I was good at English I suppose,but that was only the creative writing bit really :yep:

We had to carry on with our subjects till the start of the holidays,in case we changed our mind about dropping a certain subject...did you guys drop your 4th subjects before the summer holidays?
    I'm not applying for Oxbridge, and nor am I intending to study Medicine, but my college has an early internal provisional deadline and therefore my deadline is also mid October :yep: Have you submitted your PS onto TSR yet? You should, I'm sure they would be more than willing to help!

And naw, I'm not a genius. I just enjoy writing, and I can deal with essay based subjects more so than I can deal with subjects which require definitive answers, like Maths and Science :p: Where are you planning to apply?

We didn't drop subjects before the summer, we had to choose which, if any, we wanted to drop but this was at enrolment - which was about last week or so. And I didn't really want to drop it because I :suith: Art, but I don't want to do 4 subjects in A2, I don't like the A2 Art course much, and I got a lower grade in Art than the other 3 of my subjects :ninja: I know people will say I shouldn't drop a subject solely based on the fact that I got a lower grade in it, but I thought I didn't want to drop any of the other 3 either. So the lower grade was just a contributing factor, rather than being the main factor :flutter: If that makes much sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I'm not applying for Oxbridge, and nor am I intending to study Medicine, but my college has an early internal provisional deadline and therefore my deadline is also mid October :yep: Have you submitted your PS onto TSR yet? You should, I'm sure they would be more than willing to help!

And naw, I'm not a genius. I just enjoy writing, and I can deal with essay based subjects more so than I can deal with subjects which require definitive answers, like Maths and Science :p: Where are you planning to apply?

We didn't drop subjects before the summer, we had to choose which, if any, we wanted to drop but this was at enrolment - which was about last week or so. And I didn't really want to drop it because I :suith: Art, but I don't want to do 4 subjects in A2, I don't like the A2 Art course much, and I got a lower grade in Art than the other 3 of my subjects :ninja: I know people will say I shouldn't drop a subject solely based on the fact that I got a lower grade in it, but I thought I didn't want to drop any of the other 3 either. So the lower grade was just a contributing factor, rather than being the main factor :flutter: If that makes much sense.

you just have to make it obvious that you're applying for an English course by writing a big essay reply dont ya?

just mention my name in your PS and Warwick will happily accept you. In fact they wont even bother looking at your grades or the rest of PS. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    you just have to make it obvious that you're applying for an English course by writing a big essay reply dont ya?

just mention my name in your PS and Warwick will happily accept you. In fact they wont even bother looking at your grades or the rest of PS. :yes:
    LOL - I am probably one of the worst English candidates you could come across :plz2: So my long reply had nothing to do with my wish to study it :p:

And I won't be mentioning your name. If I do, I'll base my rejection on it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

Whoa...that's really early considering all facts...I suppose your college likes getting things out of the way quickly...my friends who aren't applying for medicine/Oxbridge have a January deadline,so pretty much none of them are working on their PS etc at the moment,while I'm slaving away already :mad: Thanks for the heads-up about the PS checking service ...I did submit my PS to be reviewed,and got the annotated version back,now just working on editing it :yep:

We're opposites in that sense I suppose...I find essay writing tedious while definitive answers are more my thing...Imperial is a definite,Hull-York and Bristol are :erm:,and I'm not sure about the 4th one yet What about you?

I understand what you mean by not wanting to drop a subject...one of my friends is taking all 4 of her AS Levels on to A2(bio chem physics maths :eek:)...personally I think she's lost it :stupid:,but it's her choice I suppose I got my highest mark in Maths,and yet I'm dropping it,just because it's not as interesting as Physics for me :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (I think we're hijacking this thread with our academic talk):ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    LOL - I am probably one of the worst English candidates you could come across :plz2: So my long reply had nothing to do with my wish to study it :p:

And I won't be mentioning your name. If I do, I'll base my rejection on it
    fine... be that way.. :hmmm:

but don't come crawling to me apologising after you graduate from a crappy uni and end up being a toilet cleaner..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Whoa...that's really early considering all facts...I suppose your college likes getting things out of the way quickly...my friends who aren't applying for medicine/Oxbridge have a January deadline,so pretty much none of them are working on their PS etc at the moment,while I'm slaving away already :mad: Thanks for the heads-up about the PS checking service ...I did submit my PS to be reviewed,and got the annotated version back,now just working on editing it :yep:

We're opposites in that sense I suppose...I find essay writing tedious while definitive answers are more my thing...Imperial is a definite,Hull-York and Bristol are :erm:,and I'm not sure about the 4th one yet What about you?

I understand what you mean by not wanting to drop a subject...one of my friends is taking all 4 of her AS Levels on to A2(bio chem physics maths :eek:)...personally I think she's lost it :stupid:,but it's her choice I suppose I got my highest mark in Maths,and yet I'm dropping it,just because it's not as interesting as Physics for me :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (I think we're hijacking this thread with our academic talk):ninja:
    Aahh yes, January is the overall deadline that UCAS themselves set, so maybe your friends are working by that, rather than an internal college one. I haven't submitted to the PS help section yet, I'm waiting until I've wrote a bit more :teeth:

Essay writing is pretty difficult in exams :sigh: The amount you have to write. My Law module in January was about 9 essays in 90 minutes, so we had about 10 minutes per essay. They weren't extremely long though, they had to be about a page and a half each. Which is still a lot considering the time restrictions =\ None of my subjects have short answers or anything. Do you have a lot of practical work in your science subjects?

And btw, you do realise you get to apply to 5 places, not 4. I'm not sure yet tbh. My list keeps changing, but atm I'm thinking about Warwick, King's, Queen Mary, maybe Kent, and then one other. :dontknow: How high was your mark in Maths :p: I was never great at maths :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I also think we're taking over the thread :teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    I wrote a big essay reply,and I'm not applying for English :hmmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.