Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    fine... be that way.. :hmmm:

but don't come crawling to me apologising after you graduate from a crappy uni and end up being a toilet cleaner..
    I'm afraid I won't be doing that, either :plz2: LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I'm afraid I won't be doing that, either :plz2: LOL.
    the apology or the being a toilet cleaner??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I wrote a big essay reply,and I'm not applying for English :hmmm:

:p:
    meh..Medicine, English it's all the same!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    the apology or the being a toilet cleaner??
    Are you assuming that anywhere apart from Warwick is a crappy University? :hand:

Totally different :p:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I wrote a big essay reply,and I'm not applying for English :hmmm:

:p:
    Thats what you think ...

:cyber:

You have now enrolled to do english at UCLAN!! :indiff:

Your name is now Waqar "bowled him" Wasim Gul!! :indiff:

never write long paragraphs in chat unless you do english!

:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Are you assuming that anywhere apart from Warwick is a crappy University? :hand:

no I'm not assuming that..

I'm just saying, wouldn't it be better if you could higher your chances of getting into Warwick by mentioning me and praising me in your PS??

Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aahh yes, January is the overall deadline that UCAS themselves set, so maybe your friends are working by that, rather than an internal college one. I haven't submitted to the PS help section yet, I'm waiting until I've wrote a bit more :teeth:

Essay writing is pretty difficult in exams :sigh: The amount you have to write. My Law module in January was about 9 essays in 90 minutes, so we had about 10 minutes per essay. They weren't extremely long though, they had to be about a page and a half each. Which is still a lot considering the time restrictions =\ None of my subjects have short answers or anything. Do you have a lot of practical work in your science subjects?

And btw, you do realise you get to apply to 5 places, not 4. I'm not sure yet tbh. My list keeps changing, but atm I'm thinking about Warwick, King's, Queen Mary, maybe Kent, and then one other. :dontknow: How high was your mark in Maths :p: I was never great at maths :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I also think we're taking over the thread :teeth:
    I put off submitting mine for a while,but then one day just thought I'd go for it :yep:

Page and a half in 10 minutes?!That's INSANE :eek3: I would just cry...The science subjects are full of short answers :teeth: I just love it,but then there can be quite a few 6/7 markers which have to be written in a specific way with the correct scientific terms :sigh:...For each of the science subjects we had to do one practical and one written practical exam,collectively worth around 20% of the overall grade at AS,I think the same applies at A2 :yep:

Yeah,of course...I just thought you were asking about my medical choices...my 5th non-medical choice will be King's College I'd think...Take your time,you've got a month which is plenty to do research and make a decision I got 274/300 in Maths overall,so not too bad I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I put off submitting mine for a while,but then one day just thought I'd go for it :yep:

Page and a half in 10 minutes?!That's INSANE :eek3: I would just cry...The science subjects are full of short answers :teeth: I just love it,but then there can be quite a few 6/7 markers which have to be written in a specific way with the correct scientific terms :sigh:...For each of the science subjects we had to do one practical and one written practical exam,collectively worth around 20% of the overall grade at AS,I think the same applies at A2 :yep:

Yeah,of course...I just thought you were asking about my medical choices...my 5th non-medical choice will be King's College I'd think...Take your time,you've got a month which is plenty to do research and make a decision I got 274/300 in Maths overall,so not too bad I suppose
    :poke:

:hmmm: Your non medical choice is english in UCLAN starting in a week!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Yeah of course,I'm sure you'd be happy to trust an English teacher with your life :p:

(Original post by minimo156)
    Thats what you think ...

:cyber:

You have now enrolled to do english at UCLAN!! :indiff:

Your name is now Waqar "bowled him" Wasim Gul!! :indiff:

never write long paragraphs in chat unless you do english!

:hmmm:
    :poke:

I like that name :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Oohhh, silly me :facepalm: I forgot that you have to have one non medical choice. What is it you're applying for? BioMed?

And have you been working on the old syllabus I thought all new syllabi were out of 200 UMS rather than 300!

no I'm not assuming that..

I'm just saying, wouldn't it be better if you could higher your chances of getting into Warwick by mentioning me and praising me in your PS??

Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: :rofl:
    Lolol I think mentioning 'Ibs from TSR' may just result in 5 automatic rejections :teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Oohhh, silly me :facepalm: I forgot that you have to have one non medical choice. What is it you're applying for? BioMed?

And have you been working on the old syllabus I thought all new syllabi were out of 200 UMS rather than 300!
    Yeah,silly you :p:...It could be biomed,I'm also thinking biochemistry,so not too sure at the moment really

I was on the old Edexcel syllabus...I did Core 1,Core 2 and Mechanics 1,worth 100 marks each...All my sciences were also out of 300 UMS each:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Yeah,silly you :p:...It could be biomed,I'm also thinking biochemistry,so not too sure at the moment really

I was on the old Edexcel syllabus...I did Core 1,Core 2 and Mechanics 1,worth 100 marks each...All my sciences were also out of 300 UMS each:yep:
    Ohhh yes, :facepalm: Maths syllabus hasn't changed has it? But I don't understand the deal with the sciences I honestly thought all new syllabi had a UMS mark out of 200 :redface: None of mine were 300 :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ohhh yes, :facepalm: Maths syllabus hasn't changed has it? But I don't understand the deal with the sciences I honestly thought all new syllabi had a UMS mark out of 200 :redface: None of mine were 300 :dontknow:
    The Maths syllabus has been the same for a few years now...the AQA syllabi have changed,but the UMS mark for the sciences have remained the same I would think(300 UMS) :yep: I think the essay based subjects are out of 200 because there's no practical element in them, unlike the sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    The Maths syllabus has been the same for a few years now...the AQA syllabi have changed,but the UMS mark for the sciences have remained the same I would think(300 UMS) :yep: I think the essay based subjects are out of 200 because there's no practical element in them, unlike the sciences
    Ahh that explains it then :yep: Though my Art had a practical element, in a sense. And it was still out of 200. But it is totally different :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ahh that explains it then :yep: Though my Art had a practical element, in a sense. And it was still out of 200. But it is totally different :yep:
    Yeah...the new syllabus is quite bad at some points though...for example biology has a really low amount of what we'd call "proper biology"...makes me pretty mad :mad: Everyone from my biology class was complaining about the exam afterwards :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (I'm just waiting to be told off for hijacking this thread):ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Yeah...the new syllabus is quite bad at some points though...for example biology has a really low amount of what we'd call "proper biology"...makes me pretty mad :mad: Everyone from my biology class was complaining about the exam afterwards :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aaah, what exam boards do you use?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think anyone will say much :ninja: Or maybe I'm wrong :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Spoiler:
    Show
    can you two seriously take this convo elsewhere?...it is off topic and quite annoying...

j/k
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aaah, what exam boards do you use?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think anyone will say much :ninja: Or maybe I'm wrong :teeth:
    I'm on AQA for all my subjects at A2...not looking forward to them,especially Biology :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Let's hope you're right :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Spoiler:
    Show
    was it SNAB?

edit: just read your above post

ReputationRep:
    you two have single-handedly ruined this holy Ramadan thread with your jibber-jabber...

i hope you two are proud of yourselves... :no:

and where is Malsy and someperson??

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.