Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Lol. Sorry Maka, but you're the only person here who I can abuse without getting retaliation :awesome:
    Aye.
    I dont hate innit.

(Original post by ibs137)
    :top2:
    Not sure if I told you before, but your sig gets better everyday :top:

(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Aye.
    I dont hate innit.
    Exactly. We is the players. Everyone else is haters :plz2: [maybe not ibs?you judge]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Not sure if I told you before, but your sig gets better everyday :top:
    i know. :p:

see that gif beside Profssor Oak's pic, thats when Maka tried to rob a shop and failed.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

see that gif beside Profssor Oak's pic, thats when Maka tried to rob a shop and failed.. :facepalm:
    I aint no thief, aye.
    But when I see ya, Ima take what I want.

Hahahaha :rofl: :lol:

You're definetely not a hater :top2:

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    guys ive got a question, i heard that if you miss a day of fasting, u have to fast for 60 days consecutively....but i also heard from some others that, it's only if you fast and break it deliberately that you have to do it for 60 days ?

which one is it ?

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure its the second one you said.

ReputationRep:
    latter yes
    but ensure the reason you can't fast is valid too

(Original post by Stunt101)
    guys ive got a question, i heard that if you miss a day of fasting, u have to fast for 60 days consecutively....but i also heard from some others that, it's only if you fast and break it deliberately that you have to do it for 60 days ?

which one is it ?
    never've heard about the first one :confused:

i'm pretty sure that the 2nd one is true. But by deliberate, it means that you kept your intention of fasting, had no reason to break the fast [ e.g. you're not doing it for medical emergency or because you became ill or whatever] and you ate just cos you were a greedy, selfless, impatient fool.

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    never've heard about the first one :confused:

i'm pretty sure that the 2nd one is true. But by deliberate, it means that you kept your intention of fasting, had no reason to break the fast [ e.g. you're not doing it for medical emergency or because you became ill or whatever] and you ate just cos you were a greedy, selfless, impatient fool.
    I have athletic competition coming soon hence why im asking, some say if you miss a day, just make it up for it, but some say you have to fast 60 days or feed 60 poor people.

ReputationRep:
    The 2nd one.

If however you are unable to fast due to a medical condition/sickness.

You can also
    1) 60 poor people two meals or
    2) Feed one poor person 2 meals a day for 60 days

ReputationRep:
    I have athletic competition coming soon hence why im asking, some say if you miss a day, just make it up for it, but some say you have to fast 60 days or feed 60 poor people.
    No it must be 60 days continuously, not taking a break between each day.

I'm pretty sure the 60 days only apply if you started a fast and then deliberately broke it for no legit reason before iftaar.

Also in my knowledge, you can only feed poor people if you yourself are unable to fast. Like if you have a medical condition that prevents you from fasting.

I'm confident that you only have to make up for a day if you miss it from scratch.

But get everyone else's thoughts on it too, as there's always a standing possibility that I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    No it must be 60 days continuously, not taking a break between each day.
    yeah i knew that just forgot to add "continuously", it will only be 2 days, easy to catch up.

Dr i forgot his name on Peace TV probably mentioned something about this on his ramadan show.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you must fast 60 days continuously, an Athletic competition is not a good enough reason. But why did you break the fast deliberately in the first place ?

:facepalm: Kids these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    I'd say you must fast 60 days continuously, an Athletic competition is not a good enough reason. But why did you break the fast deliberately in the first place ?

:facepalm: Kids these days.
    long time ago, when i was about 13/14 (yr 9), back when i was jahil (islamically ignorant), in that ramadhan, i used to sometimes pretend to be fasting and eat in school, i was so ******* stupid - God i hate myself so much. anyway, i repented but i feel i need to do something more, i want to make it up if possible, but don't know how many days i done it. what can i do?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.