Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    He's got more sense than you, stop making a mockery of one of the best Islamic Da'ee and Speakers on Islam and comparative religion. Not even as a joke!
    i don't like him at all
    you know he said that all muslims should be terrorists?
    i mean :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkzz)
    i don't like him at all
    it depends on what he means by the word 'terrorist'

Every Muslim should be a terrorist. A terrorist is a person who causes terror. The moment a robber sees a policeman he is terrified. A policeman is a terrorist for the robber. Similarly every Muslim should be a terrorist for the antisocial elements of society, such as thieves, dacoits and rapists. Whenever such an anti-social element sees a Muslim, he should be terrified. It is true that the word ‘terrorist’ is generally used for a person who causes terror among the common people. But a true Muslim should only be a terrorist to selective people i.e. anti-social elements, and not to the common innocent people. In fact a Muslim should be a source of peace for innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jainblu)
    okay just a general question to anyone schoolin/ who schooled in Uk.....

does anyone know of any secondary schools that actually had msas (muslim student Associations) cos I mean im goin to uni now, and alhamdulilah they have a islamic society, but i just wonderd, because my second (and last secondary school didn't have one) and a couple of us wanted to start one, then we got lazy, and well it was a catholic school, and well excuses excuses really; but to cut a long story short, I just wanted to know if any secondary schools had any successes in forming them.
    i don't know of such schools...my area is full of muslims anyway...so i guess there is no need for a muslim association here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    it depends on what he means by the word 'terrorist'
    just don't understand him.
    in my opinion; he is trying to create hatred.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know of such schools...my area is full of muslims anyway...so i guess there is no need for a muslim association here
    Thats interesting, I mean I didn't really have many muslims in my school, or even in my year until i joined sixth form, and even then we were few in number, but then again like i said it was a catholic school, but in my first school, which was a boarding school in nigeria, half the scool was muslim , and half christian, (at least it seemed so at the time, perhaps tehre were others of other faiths theres as well)
    anyway so we used to have lectures, do congregational prayers, and what not, and you know it was fun....
    sorry im one of those people that rambles...:rolleyes:

where was i? Oh yeah okay, Yeah cos you know there are lots of muslims in your area, having an msa might be a beneficial forum for peeps to learn things in, and to have a place where they can ask questions, if they dont have anyone they can ask, and well to further promote islam in student daily life, and things like that, i mean you know how it can sometimes gte at school, well or me personally, i now there were times when i was caught up with this, and caight up with that, so kind of like a sort of time/place/space where you can be caught up in islam. if that actually makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jainblu)
    Thats interesting, I mean I didn't really have many muslims in my school, or even in my year until i joined sixth form, and even then we were few in number, but then again like i said it was a catholic school, but in my first school, which was a boarding school in nigeria, half the scool was muslim , and half christian, (at least it seemed so at the time, perhaps tehre were others of other faiths theres as well)
    anyway so we used to have lectures, do congregational prayers, and what not, and you know it was fun....
    sorry im one of those people that rambles...:rolleyes:

where was i? Oh yeah okay, Yeah cos you know there are lots of muslims in your area, having an msa might be a beneficial forum for peeps to learn things in, and to have a place where they can ask questions, if they dont have anyone they can ask, and well to further promote islam in student daily life, and things like that, i mean you know how it can sometimes gte at school, well or me personally, i now there were times when i was caught up with this, and caight up with that, so kind of like a sort of time/place/space where you can be caught up in islam. if that actually makes sense
    oh ok..i understand what you mean =)

there have been attempts at something like muslim youth groups...but it would be something where maybe some people would come for a while and then it will be forgotten about (this is a community thing btw...not school). at the sixth form i'm going to now...it won't work. the muslims that would think that it is a good idea already attend congregational prayers and spend time just talking about islam, attending talks etc. if anything, i think a msa would cause a (greater) division between muslims and non-muslims here. however, i do think it would have been a good idea for my old secondary school =)

ReputationRep:
    i don't like him at all
    What have you done ? At least he has bought thousands of people to the true path.

What a silly guy you are, do you even listen to his videotape lectures or do you just watch it for entertainment thinking it's a movie or something. He means us Muslims should be terrorists to the anti social elements of society . I'm not saying I agree with 100% everything he says without doubting it, some things need to be checked. Also I disagree with what he does about comparing the Qur'an with other religious scriptures, the Qur'an is a pure book untouched, whereas the bible, Gita etc. are not the word of god at present.

But as of the terrorist point he is correct, we Muslims should be Terrorists against anti social behaviour.

Terror - a person who inspires fear or dread.

So as a Muslim we should inspire fear against people who cause chaos and turmoil in society.

ReputationRep:
    just don't understand him.
    in my opinion; he is trying to create hatred.
    i understand where you're coming from...but i don't think he is deliberately creating hatred...its just that sometimes the things he says/way he says it can make it seem like that.

i don't know if that made sense:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    What have you done ? At least he has bought thousands of people to the true path.

What a silly guy you are, do you even listen to his videotape lectures or do you just watch it for entertainment thinking it's a movie or something. He means us Muslims should be terrorists to the anti social elements of society . I'm not saying I agree with 100% everything he says without doubting it, some things need to be checked. Also I disagree with what he does about comparing the Qur'an with other religious scriptures, the Qur'an is a pure book untouched, whereas the bible, Gita etc. are not the word of god at present.

But as of the terrorist point he is correct, we Muslims should be Terrorists against anti social behaviour.

Terror - a person who inspires fear or dread.

So as a Muslim we should inspire fear against people who cause chaos and turmoil in society.
    I'm no silly person my brother
    why is he banned from pakistan?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, go ask the people of Pakistan. Pakistan is messed anyways, when it comes to Islam/Politics etc. It's not the same as it was before. No offence intended, but this is true.

Just because he is banned from PK doesn't make him some kind of deviant.

ReputationRep:
    Like the Pakistani govt are ambassadors for peace! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hello! :hat2:

how is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    hi =)

where is everyone?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi

Everyone is here

ReputationRep:
    lol:p:

so everyone...how you been?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol:p:

so everyone...how you been?
    I've been fine thanks someone :awesome:

and you?:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I've been fine thanks someone :awesome:

and you?:p:
    i was fine...

now im not...

you got my name wrong
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i was fine...

now im not...

you got my name wrong
    No I didn't...I was just trying to make it fit the "....one" context,as in "everyone" and "someone" :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Next person to post...

:flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    No I didn't...I was just trying to make it fit the "....one" context,as in "everyone" and "someone" :sad:
    ohh lol ok :p:

in that case im good...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.