Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :hi: How're you doin?
    I'm good Alhamdulilah

Been freakin the whole last 2 weeks writting my Personal Statement without the help of TSR, luckily i got my ban reduced by an extra week and i can get some help from TSR before I meet my Ucas deadline which is next week. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I'm good Alhamdulilah

Been freakin the whole last 2 weeks writting my Personal Statement without the help of TSR, luckily i got my ban reduced by an extra week and i can get some help from TSR before I meet my Ucas deadline which is next week. :yep:

Yeah,I'm writing mine too,except my UCAS deadline is 15th October,hoping to get it in a week before that,because the system'll be really clogged up with medics then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Yeah,I'm writing mine too,except my UCAS deadline is 15th October,hoping to get it in a week before that,because the system'll be really clogged up with medics then :yep:
    You're a future medic 2 :p:

We gotta give our application in by next friday so it's all checked etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You're a future medic 2 :p:

We gotta give our application in by next friday so it's all checked etc.
    Of course I am :p:

Ours doesn't have a formal internal deadline really,but the quicker I can get it in the better really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Of course I am :p:

Ours doesn't have a formal internal deadline really,but the quicker I can get it in the better really
    Ohh I see.

How's your PS going?? and the rest of the application.

ReputationRep:
    I've really given hope for UG Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    I've really given hope for UG Medicine.
    If you really want it, don't ever give up

I'm only applying to 2 medical schools.(Weird reasons such as, Ukcats, gcse's and that i can't move out of London for now)...So I'm resting all my hopes on 2 med schools.

And if i don't get in this year, I won't hesitate to do a Bsc in either Biomed or medicinal chem and try for grad entry :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If you really want it, don't ever give up

I'm only applying to 2 medical schools.(Weird reasons such as, Ukcats, gcse's and that i can't move out of London for now)...So I'm resting all my hopes on 2 med schools.

And if i don't get in this year, I won't hesitate to do a Bsc in either Biomed or medicinal chem and try for grad entry :yes:
    Well first of all my GCSE's are not good enough at all, hardly enough WE done upto now also. I just think I'm not a good enough candidate for UG Medicine tbh.

Well my mind is set on Medicine in the end, but I just think I'm not ready for it at the moment. I'm hopefully going to do a BSc Biomedical Science, gather some WE during this time, shadow a doctor for a year or so work on my PS and make it strong and then reapply, maybe during the 2nd year if I'm given an opportunity. And Insha'Allah i'm hoping it will work out.

If I was to change my mind and apply for Med it'll be too late now anyways, I'll have just less than a month for completing my application, submitting my UCKAT and getting my PS done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Well first of all my GCSE's are not good enough at all, hardly enough WE done upto now also. I just think I'm not a good enough candidate for UG Medicine tbh.

Well my mind is set on Medicine in the end, but I just think I'm not ready for it at the moment. I'm hopefully going to do a BSc Biomedical Science, gather some WE during this time, shadow a doctor for a year or so work on my PS and make it strong and then reapply, maybe during the 2nd year if I'm given an opportunity. And Insha'Allah i'm hoping it will work out.

If I was to change my mind and apply for Med it'll be too late now anyways, I'll have just less than a month for completing my application, submitting my UCKAT and getting my PS done.
    That's alright than

Usually it's better to do a Bsc while maturing more and getting a feel for medicine more and if you've got it planned out that way Inshallah you'll be alright :yep:

And for the Gcse Part...I guarantee you that your gcse's are higher than mine.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

So, does anyone know what exactly is gwanin with the EDL? The news bores me quite frankly you see, so it's nicer to have it told in simple terms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    So, does anyone know what exactly is gwanin with the EDL? The news bores me quite frankly you see, so it's nicer to have it told in simple terms
    :no:

(Original post by someperson)
    :no:
    Aight cool

Anyways, Eid almost next week :eek:

Btw, Monoux is excellent. And excellent people go to excellent colleges. Maybe that's how you guessed before I enrolled :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Aight cool

Anyways, Eid almost next week :eek:

Btw, Monoux is excellent. And excellent people go to excellent colleges. Maybe that's how you guessed before I enrolled :rolleyes:
    :yep: Ramadan's gone so fast...

haha...lol if its good enough for you...thats great

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

gosh this thread's quiet!

ReputationRep:
    :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    :bebored:
    Jazakallah for the rep Zahra! :hugs:

I totally forgot to thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxmehzzixx)
    Jazakallah for the rep Zahra! :hugs:

I totally forgot to thank you.

ReputationRep:
    :ninjagirl:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.