Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by someperson)
    i'm good

you? how's your day been so far?
    Good thanks...very tired and fatigued though :yawn: My day's been excellent,yet tiring,so a mixture of good and bad :yep: and yours?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    I'm no longer a potential Physicist, so I shall use combustion as a way of comforting myself. :hmmm:
    Although, Physics and Philosophy at Oxford would be heaven...
    I know someone who's applying for Medicine,Physics and Engineering using 1 personal statement...apparently it's an ingenious statement since it encompasses all 3 subjects very cleverly

Maybe you could try that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol..yh...hopefully:p:

lol i don't mind bio or chem...NOT physics lol...anyway i want to do a 'narrower', more specific degree:o:

i was gonna rep you for your stupidity that made me laugh earlier...turns out i repped you yesterday...why do you have to be funny:mad:

btw have i 'met' to you on tsr before?...not on this thread...i recognise you from somewhere...
    No idea. Your username seems familiar however not as a sub. :hmmmm:

Aha, sorry, my clownliness is beyond me.

Egad, no wonder you're stuck! It'd be way beyond me to find an even narrower degree.
    How about Contemporary Circus and Physical Performance? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I know someone who's applying for Medicine,Physics and Engineering using 1 personal statement...apparently it's an ingenious statement since it encompasses all 3 subjects very cleverly

Maybe you could try that? :p:
    Bloody hell! I wish them the best of luck.
    Despite those being the three courses I've had the most difficult deciding over, I don't think I'd want to risk it. That, and, I don't think I'd be able to encompass it all cleverly let alone in a few weeks. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    Merci! It's probably easier to say that when the worst of them are out the way. University examinations, if first years is anything to go by, don't really feel like exams at all!
    lol can't wait till a levels are over...

and...you broke your fast?!:eek: why?

(Original post by SyedT)
    Good thanks...very tired and fatigued though :yawn: My day's been excellent,yet tiring,so a mixture of good and bad :yep: and yours?
    oh your day sounds interesting...what did you get up to?

i've been bored...did some homework...i decided i will actually do all of it this year =)

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Your username seems familiar however not as a sub. :hmmmm:

Aha, sorry, my clownliness is beyond me.

Egad, no wonder you're stuck! It'd be way beyond me to find an even narrower degree.
    How about Contemporary Circus and Physical Performance? :tongue:
    yh definitely not as a sub...only got it recently :p:

lol i like your clownliness...don't lose it or forget it

:eek: you say egad? no-one says egad....and what do those courses have to do with science?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :flowers:

I've already broken mine

I've been pretty well, on the whole, thanks. How're you?
    :suith:
    Come over.

I'm pretty good thanks, just the usual UCAS tension and such.

How's the whole universityness going for you?
    Soon to start?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oh your day sounds interesting...what did you get up to?

i've been bored...did some homework...i decided i will actually do all of it this year =)
    I was volunteering at the local hospital :yep: Lots of walking around,plus I had to walk back home :indiff:

Ooh rebel :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    :lurk:
    :shoot:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :shoot:

:awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    aha... :p:

ReputationRep:
    yh definitely not as a sub...only got it recently :p:

lol i like your clownliness...don't lose it or forget it

:eek: you say egad? no-one says egad....and what do those courses have to do with science?:rolleyes:
    I say EGAD! I'm a no-one. -runs around with a cape and trips over it-
    If I lose it, you have the right to castrate me. :yep:

Those courses may be distantly related to science, but everything has a scientific basis. Yes.

I probably knew you in a previous life. Your previous life. I'm immortal, y'see.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Spoiler:
    Show
    aha... :p:
    Sorry :sad:

How're you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Those courses may be distantly related to science, but everything has a scientific basis. Yes.

I probably knew you in a previous life. Your previous life. I'm immortal, y'see.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :suith:
    Come over.

I'm pretty good thanks, just the usual UCAS tension and such.

How's the whole universityness going for you?
    Soon to start?
    :date: ?

PM detailz

It seems like a distant memory, but I do remember that tension. Just try and channel it in a creative and productive why i.e. let it be the motivator for your hard work over the coming weeks & months.

About to start, I have just completely my first year! :p: What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Sorry :sad:

How're you?
    Tis alright :hugs:

I'm good thanks... had taken a bit of a break from here, but since there is absolutely nothing else to occupy myself with... thought I'd pop in and say hello :wavey: How've you been?

ReputationRep:
    lol can't wait till a levels are over...

and...you broke your fast?!:eek: why?
    Oh, I didn't really, I was just teasing MOS :p:

Like I said to the aforementioned MOS, a modicum of stress can be a positive thing because it can help generate or accelerate a sense of urgency that coerces you into doing some work. I was so laid back at A Level I was practically horizontal :cool: Lies: I was a geek :teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tis alright :hugs:

I'm good thanks... had taken a bit of a break from here, but since there is absolutely nothing else to occupy myself with... thought I'd pop in and say hello :wavey: How've you been?

Yeah,I was wondering where you'd gone :confused: I've been fine thanks,rather exhausted today :yep: and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    You mean with my UKCAT score?I've heard that they don't count it as much if you have excellent academics,good work exp/volunteering and a good PS,so I'm going for it :yep: I've sent them an e-mail and they should be getting back to me soon
    There's a general trend with King's applicants. Usually those with a lower UKCAT score are rejected without an interview. There are exceptions, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the chances of somebody with a lower UKCAT being offerered an interview are less than those with a higher score. It's up to you if you want to take the chance but be warned that applicants with good grades have been rejected because of a similar UKCAT score.

There's a thread somewhere in the medicine forum which might give you a better idea of what I've just said. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I was volunteering at the local hospital :yep: Lots of walking around,plus I had to walk back home :indiff:

Ooh rebel :p:
    ohh ok skeen

lol me? rebel? you obviously don't know me:p: but for some reason i have miraculously gotten away with doing nearly no homework my whole life:p:

lol...i could never do that:eek:

lol..i need something a lot more directly linked to science/maths:p:

and erm...we don't have previous lives...

Oh, I didn't really, I was just teasing MOS :p:

Like I said to the aforementioned MOS, a modicum of stress can be a positive thing because it can help generate or accelerate a sense of urgency that coerces you into doing some work. I was so laid back at A Level I was practically horizontal :cool: Lies: I was a geek :teeth:
    lol that's good =)

haha:p: lol cramming saved me from failure at AS's...non stop from around 7pm the night before each exam....i wished the sense of urgency had accelerated a little earlier:p:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.