Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Yeah,I was wondering where you'd gone :confused: I've been fine thanks,rather exhausted today :yep: and you?
    Aw yeah I should've said something really That whole debacle with whoever it was had me thinking spending so much time on here was probably a bad thing... also was getting bad headaches etc from the computer screen lol... wasn't feeling too good past few days either but yeah.. alhumdolillah feeling a lot better now . Feeling a bit sleepy to tell you the truth... :yawn:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Papillon)
    There's a general trend with King's applicants. Usually those with a lower UKCAT score are rejected without an interview. There are exceptions, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the chances of somebody with a lower UKCAT being offerered an interview are less than those with a higher score. It's up to you if you want to take the chance but be warned that applicants with good grades have been rejected because of a similar UKCAT score.

There's a thread somewhere in the medicine forum which might give you a better idea of what I've just said. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511
    True...but people have got in with lower scores than mine...the lowest UKCAT score to be accepted was 513 last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    :date: ?

PM detailz

It seems like a distant memory, but I do remember that tension. Just try and channel it in a creative and productive why i.e. let it be the motivator for your hard work over the coming weeks & months.

About to start, I have just completely my first year! :p: What are you applying for?
    :lovie:
    :youbetcha:

I shall try, and hopefully, it shall do some good.
    At the moment though, personal statement and exam fretting. >.<

I'm assuming your first year went well! It best have done. How'd King's gift you?
    Myself though, Medicine it seems.

(Original post by Ascient)
    Oh, I didn't really, I was just teasing MOS :p:

Like I said to the aforementioned MOS, a modicum of stress can be a positive thing because it can help generate or accelerate a sense of urgency that coerces you into doing some work. I was so laid back at A Level I was practically horizontal :cool: Lies: I was a geek :teeth:
    Lies? You Sir, are no longer getting details.
    Still my geek. :love:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    True...but people have got in with lower scores than mine...the lowest UKCAT score to be accepted was 513 last year
    Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to force you to not apply. :p: People with lower scores have got in, but you don't know under which cirumstances. You're unaware of their grades, how their personal statement was written or what their reference was like. People with higher scores than yours have also been rejected. Like I said, if you're willing to take the risk, do so. Sometimes it's better for applicants to be more cautious with their choices. Good luck, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    lol...i could never do that:eek:

lol..i need something a lot more directly linked to science/maths:p:

and erm...we don't have previous lives...
    Oh yes... We don't. :ninja:
    I'll get back to you after doing a thorough course search. Lol.

lol that's good =)

haha:p: lol cramming saved me from failure at AS's...non stop from around 7pm the night before each exam....i wished the sense of urgency had accelerated a little earlier:p:
    Hell yes. It's worked so far, but I don't think I'll be taking it as easy this year. Well, hopefully... :tongue:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Aw yeah I should've said something really That whole debacle with whoever it was had me thinking spending so much time on here was probably a bad thing... also was getting bad headaches etc from the computer screen lol... wasn't feeling too good past few days either but yeah.. alhumdolillah feeling a lot better now . Feeling a bit sleepy to tell you the truth... :yawn:
    Yes you should have :hmmm: :p:

Good to know you're feeling better now Ditto on the sleepiness :yawn:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Papillon)
    Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to force you to not apply. :p: People with lower scores have got in, but you don't know under which cirumstances. You're unaware of their grades, how their personal statement was written or what their reference was like. People with higher scores than yours have also been rejected. Like I said, if you're willing to take the risk, do so. Sometimes it's better for applicants to be more cautious with their choices. Good luck, anyway.
    Thanks,I'll keep that in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Yes you should have :hmmm: :p:

Good to know you're feeling better now Ditto on the sleepiness :yawn:
    Sorry :sad:

Only three and a bit hours left now... going out for iftaar today :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Oh yes... We don't. :ninja:
    I'll get back to you after doing a thorough course search. Lol.

Hell yes. It's worked so far, but I don't think I'll be taking it as easy this year. Well, hopefully... :tongue:
    lol you don't have to search for me:p:

yh lol me too...i've done (most of) my maths and chemistry homework i'll start on biology soon:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sorry :sad:

Only three and a bit hours left now... going out for iftaar today :yep:
    You'd better be :hmmm: :p:

Awesome I don't think I've got the strength to go out to be honest :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone doing Ramadan actually ate anything today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanD1993)
    If you mean if I broke my fast then no. But I ate before dawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanD1993)
    :yep:

we could eat until about half four this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    You'd better be :hmmm: :p:

Awesome I don't think I've got the strength to go out to be honest :sigh:
    I don't actually have the strength either to be honest... but I haven't seen my friends for absolutely ages now, so looking forward to it.. besides - i love dressing up aha... any reason to dress up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :yep:

we could eat until about half four this morning
    5:00 :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't actually have the strength either to be honest... but I haven't seen my friends for absolutely ages now, so looking forward to it.. besides - i love dressing up aha... any reason to dress up
    Cool...I had to "dress up" today,not really that exciting to be honest :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    5:00 :awesome:
    it was actually some time later than half four...can't remember though:p:

what time's iftar?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    it was actually some time later than half four...can't remember though:p:

what time's iftar?
    just before 8:00 I think :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Cool...I had to "dress up" today,not really that exciting to be honest :p:
    I think you know me by now.. and how easily amused I am... ahaha...

dressing up = :love:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.