Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    How is your first day of fasting going ?

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Results day, clearing and ramadan, can they not be done at different times - spread the inanity out through the year? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan competitions.
    Test your brain. ^_^
    http://fastramadan.com/index.php

ReputationRep:
    Loooooool oh I forgot all about the results reason for me not wanting to go back to the UK .. scared..

But I guess the UK people fasting has it easier than me who is stuck at a internet cafe where its boiling outside...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Results day, clearing and ramadan, can they not be done at different times - spread the inanity out through the year? :rolleyes:

now that would be just too convenient; inanity in one's life isn't always that bad now and again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    now that would be just too convenient; inanity in one's life isn't always that bad now and again
    Heh

I can deal with inanity, it's a hundred new threads a day that I get the hump with. :p:

I am impressed that the mods have merged most of the ramadan threads into one big lump and nobody's actually noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Heh

I can deal with inanity, it's a hundred new threads a day that I get the hump with. :p:

I am impressed that the mods have merged most of the ramadan threads into one big lump and nobody's actually noticed.

:p:

Some thread merging i have seen recently=:eek: bonkers.

anyway, i haven't had clearing to go through and i got my results the day before ramadan(was supposed to start); thankfully they were good so i really don't mind..
    oh and actually, i thought ramadan would be the day AFTER results so to have it today was also a bit more helpful.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Results day was just a day before the start of Ramadhan, although fasting can be done throughout the year if you really want to which is optional, the fasts kept in ramadhan cannot be made up after (but this could depend like if you have a serious medical condition) it's suppossed to be a blessed month for us muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveina)
    lol
    What's so funny?....Are you being racist?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    What's so funny?....Are you being racist?:mad:
    no...never
    sorry,
    just---
    forget it anyways
    u know nothing bout me,,just sorry, never meant that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveina)
    no...never
    sorry,
    just---
    forget it anyways
    u know nothing bout me,,just sorry, never meant that
    Just ..... I'd like to hear what you gotta say.

Don't care whether I know you or not, but I just wanted to know what's funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    You're happy about having to starve to death 12 hours a day? :zomg:
    correction- we're happy to starve for 16hrs from 4 in the morning till 8 at night

ReputationRep:
    so hows everyone finding their first (or second) fast? im not even slightly hungry :P

ReputationRep:
    Happy Ramadan everyone =]
    Woke up about an hour ago, still going strong =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha X)
    so hows everyone finding their first (or second) fast? im not even slightly hungry :P
    Same here :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Same here :proud:

hi5!!!!!!! lol i start getting hungry around 6 when my mum starts preparing iftari and dinner! i think i shud stop talking about food now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha X)
    hi5!!!!!!! lol i start getting hungry around 6 when my mum starts preparing iftari and dinner! i think i shud stop talking about food now!
    LOL yea same, the smell gets to me :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Kareem everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hungry yet :grin:

But it's usually late afternoon when I start feeling really hungry.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.