Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Ah, fair enough. Was it interesting?
    Most of the master classes I've been to have been pretty darn boring. That said, it's always fun talking to random people.

Ah, those predictions are good. :top:
    What're you most likely going to be predicted a B in? (Make your parents have a word with the tutor. XD)
    We made a bouncy sillicon ball, but non of these classes really compare to when i went to Imperial made a remote controlled robot and played 5 a side footbal with it at the end of the day.

Imperial know how to entertain their guests. :yep:

Are you a potential medic also?
    I hope so otherwise all my work exp, voluntary stuff and taking the Ukcat would have been for nothing.

Ohh and the B is in Bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    :hello: :hi: :wavey:

:hello:

How are you today?

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    We made a bouncy sillicon ball, but non of these classes really compare to when i went to Imperial made a remote controlled robot and played 5 a side footbal with it at the end of the day.

Imperial know how to entertain their guests. :yep:

I hope so otherwise all my work exp, voluntary stuff and taking the Ukcat would have been for nothing.
    Aha, blimey! Now Imperial really know how to impress. (I think they were the first to go down as a choice on UCAS, and since, the hope for an offer has only increased :sad:).

Cambridge's science fair days or what have you tend to be pretty darn interesting, and the trek moving from college to college is fun. :awesome:
    They even had a Harry Potter magic style event at one college - rightly so since Oxbridge = closest thing to Hogwarts.

Good luck! You shall be starting medical school a year from now hopefully (unless you want to take a gap year - in that case, 2 years from now). Where are you thinking of applying?

My friend's mother had a word with his Physics teacher. Things are looking better as far as predicted grades go for him. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Random outings, some event in a country club (I found about today for Saturday without all that much detail :rolleyes:), MUN conference stuff, school stuff, and a lot of charity shindigs.

Damn hecticity.
    oh kl...you're very busy lol:p:

i have event planning to do...but haven't even decided on the events yet:sigh:

btw i didn't understand the bit in the brackets

(Original post by minimo156)
    :hello:

How are you today?

:indiff:
    im good...you?

and where's your poke gone??

ReputationRep:
    Aha, blimey! Now Imperial really know how to impress. (I think they were the first to go down as a choice on UCAS, and since, the hope for an offer has only increased :sad:).

Cambridge's science fair days or what have you tend to be pretty darn interesting, and the trek moving from college to college is fun. :awesome:
    They even had a Harry Potter magic style event at one college - rightly so since Oxbridge = closest thing to Hogwarts.

Good luck! You shall be starting medical school a year from now hopefully (unless you want to take a gap year - in that case, 2 years from now). Where are you thinking of applying?

My friend's mother had a word with his Physics teacher. Things are looking better as far as predicted grades go for him. :yep:
    I've been looking at choices for quite sometime now. See i don't want to move out of London, but i may have to in order to become a doctor.

For med my choices Look like: Kings, Southampton,UEA and possibly PMS (if predicted AAA).

Although i might just leave it as Kings and southampton and the rest science related degrees so i can opt for grad entry if i don't get in to kings or southampton.

ReputationRep:
    oh kl...you're very busy lol:p:

i have event planning to do...but haven't even decided on the events yet:sigh:

btw i didn't understand the bit in the brackets
    What are the events for? Can random people come? They're fun to talk to.

And sorry, I should've phrased it better. I have to organise something for a country club as a group and it's for the coming weekend. I only found out about it this morning and we haven't been given many details. :sad:
    Oh well, we'll just have to make do and put our heart and soul into it... (Yeah right. :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    'Ello, 'ello, 'ello. :w00t:
    Heyyy You alright??

ReputationRep:

im good...you?

and where's your poke gone??
    Im good too thanks

its gone :pierre: why? I thought you hated it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at choices for quite sometime now. See i don't want to move out of London, but i may have to in order to become a doctor.

For med my choices Look like: Kings, Southampton,UEA and possibly PMS (if predicted AAA).

Although i might just leave it as Kings and southampton and the rest science related degrees so i can opt for grad entry if i don't get in to kings or southampton.
    I'd say go for three medical schools and then two for other science related degrees if you wouldn't mind going for graduate entry, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I've never really looked at PMS so I decided to do so now - Google brought up Premenstrual Syndrome. :rofl:

Choices can be pretty difficult to make though. I have 3 as of yet, and two of those I'm unsure of.

P.S. Move out, move out, move out! Sorry.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Metoyou~)
    Heyyy You alright??
    Hallo!
    I'm good danke. Although, after working with chillies and not washing my hands, my nose and the skin around the side of my lips is stinging. :cool:

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    What are the events for? Can random people come? They're fun to talk to.

And sorry, I should've phrased it better. I have to organise something for a country club as a group and it's for the coming weekend. I only found out about it this morning and we haven't been given many details. :sad:
    Oh well, we'll just have to make do and put our heart and soul into it... (Yeah right. :rofl:)
    lol good luck with that!

they're for fundraising...everyone would be welcome to some of them...even random people

(Original post by minimo156)
    Im good too thanks

its gone :pierre: why? I thought you hated it? :p:
    why has it gone?...it was your trademark =) :eek: i didn't hate it...i'm sure some people did though:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :awesome:
    You're not awesome.

:gah:

ReputationRep:
    lol good luck with that!

they're for fundraising...everyone would be welcome to some of them...even random people
    Ah, sounds fun! Play lots of games and dress up as fruits. I dressed up as a banana once and had a sponsored skip. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go for three medical schools and then two for other science related degrees if you wouldn't mind going for graduate entry, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I've never really looked at PMS so I decided to do so now - Google brought up Premenstrual Syndrome. :rofl:

Choices can be pretty difficult to make though. I have 3 as of yet, and two of those I'm unsure of.

P.S. Move out, move out, move out! Sorry.
    PMS=Peninsula medical school= Exeter and Plymouth medical school

Do you post in the medicine forumn on TSR??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You're not awesome.

:gah:
    How dare you :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    PMS=Peninsula medical school= Exeter and Plymouth medical school

Do you post in the medicine forumn on TSR??
    Aha, yeah, I got it after I wrote "PMS uni".

Erm... I did, once upon a time before the summer for a short while, but that's about it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    How dare you :hmmm:
    Somebody here dared me to. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    My room is an absolute dump. I just tried to find a folder and I couldn't; was digging underneath hundreds of papers, not good.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, yeah, I got it after I wrote "PMS uni".

Erm... I did, once upon a time before the summer for a short while, but that's about it. :yep:
    Ahhh you shold have posted in the Ukcat thread it was good practising with people and each time someone else going to do their exam while your exam slowly gets closer.

Hmm good times.:rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.