Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I'm invited to receive an award I've been given from school:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    That's way old! Anything above 11 is old tbh.
    Well then that would make you olllddd too darling :yep: :p:

And to minimo: can it be a pretty one with flowers and glitter and lots of pink???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    :hand:
    Talk to the hand? Fine.

OI! HAND! ANYTHING ABOVE 11 IS WAY OLD! Oh yeah. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)

And to minimo: can it be a pretty one with flowers and glitter and lots of pink???
    :lolwut:

Alas, I admit, I am ancient also. However, you, you are even more ancient than myself here. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nope... don't know your friend unfortunately - always wanted to find another 18th of September born child tho...

Oh and thank you :woo:

And to Mask Of Sanity - I aint old yet darling, TWENTY
    You're in luck. Facebook tells me I have two friends with their birthday today! Do you have any exciting plans for the day?

ReputationRep:

:poke:

ask your friends for one ... not me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    You're in luck. Facebook tells me I have two friends with their birthday today! Do you have any exciting plans for the day?
    Wow.. you have cool friends sir :hat2:

Any of them turning 20 today?

Oo and my plans aren't terribly exciting - but I get to dress up so its all good... going to be putting henna on the little ones Oh and I get a nice big cake.. won't go into details seeing as we're fasting.

But I've had some nice surprises today, its been a lovely 20th birthday so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo156)

ask your friends for one ... not me!!

:sad:

ReputationRep:

:sad:
    whats wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    :yikes: Your sixth form has become evil! Slyly evil! Unlike mine. Mine's just plain and bluntly evil. We're not allowed music in the common room because the common room is a place of work. The amount of times I get told off for sitting on the tables, even if I'm actually working. Also, looking at wedding dresses during your free periods or anything that isn't work related on de interwebz is bad. Like you can do so, everything is blocked, EVEN GAMEZ AND YOUTUBEZ.

Children of Bodom. Death metal, possibly melodic death metal. I guess the 'shouting and screaming' is a prerequisite. :laugh:
    Let's adapt your mind to like such things. I want to be a neurosurgeon, can I play with your head? :teeth:

Most importantly, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! :flowers:
    I'm having a look through it now.
    ?! In my day we sat on tables during lessons! Mostly during maths lessons where we'd just chat randomly for the duration of the lesson while the teacher tried in vain to persuade us to do some work. Is www.slimeathlete.com blocked? We used to play that in any lesson where we used a computer.
    We also used to have free-standing vending machines until they started to wonder why there was so little money in the machine and yet they were always empty in the evening. People would shake them and get free drinks! They bolted them to the wall.

Wedding dresses? Bit early for that isn't it? The school's probably trying to make sure you're not undergoing a forced marriage....:p:

Wait, are you saying you like the shouting and screaming? :eek: And, no, you can't play with my head yet. I wanna see some qualifications on your office wall before I let you do that.

If you (or anyone else) know anyone else who wants to apply to Cambridge (for any subject) let me know. The more muslims the better!

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. you have cool friends sir :hat2:

Any of them turning 20 today?

Oo and my plans aren't terribly exciting - but I get to dress up so its all good... going to be putting henna on the little ones Oh and I get a nice big cake.. won't go into details seeing as we're fasting.

But I've had some nice surprises today, its been a lovely 20th birthday so far
    One's turned 21 and the other 24. So no.
    Ah. September's a good time to have a birthday. Best month is probably November or February. There's never any holidays or exams to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    It's a month since my birthday today. Summer is the best time for birthdays!!

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is always around exam-time

ReputationRep:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Ah. September's a good time to have a birthday. Best month is probably November or February. There's never any holidays or exams to worry about!
    September is the best time for birthdays... no exams to worry about, the weather is gorgeous and the leaves are beginning to turn a lovely orange colour... i love it :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    My birthday is always around exam-time
    Ditto. I've spent the last I don't know how many birthdays revising. :mad: And friends are themselves too busy with their exams to pay attention to who is having a birthday. And by the time exams are over, everyone's moved on to the next birthday person!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ?! In my day we sat on tables during lessons! Mostly during maths lessons where we'd just chat randomly for the duration of the lesson while the teacher tried in vain to persuade us to do some work. Is www.slimeathlete.com blocked? We used to play that in any lesson where we used a computer.
    We also used to have free-standing vending machines until they started to wonder why there was so little money in the machine and yet they were always empty in the evening. People would shake them and get free drinks! They bolted them to the wall.

Wedding dresses? Bit early for that isn't it? The school's probably trying to make sure you're not undergoing a forced marriage....:p:

Wait, are you saying you like the shouting and screaming? :eek: And, no, you can't play with my head yet. I wanna see some qualifications on your office wall before I let you do that.

If you (or anyone else) know anyone else who wants to apply to Cambridge (for any subject) let me know. The more muslims the better!
    Aha, I like the vending machine idea. However, our school refuses to get them, nor have they ever had them. :shifty:
    GCSE Maths lessons! Those are 2 years where any teacher we had was teaching in vain. We'd chat/laugh/scream for most of the lesson. I'd be sat at the back with a friend and we'd end up on the floor rolling around in laughter, with rulers stuck in our hair, having rearranged tables, thrown things at students in front, talked to people outside the window, and so on. Luckily, the teacher couldn't really shout at us much since when she asked, we'd have finished the work she'd set. :rofl:

Hey now! Not I, says she who shall not be getting married, but a friend of mine who's getting married in the coming summer (I'm hoping otherwise) was shouted at for it whilst I was looking at the Cambridge website come to think of it. :tongue:

I do have qualifications. Surely with year 6 SATs I'm qualified enough. :teeth:
    But, mebbe, the shouting and screaming can be good for you. I mean, it's worked for me, from black metal to metalcore to melodic death metal to groove metal to folk metal to thrash metal... :woo:

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else who wants to apply there. But, as soon as I find them, I'll round them up and direct them to you. You're like a walking, talking, Cambridge advert (who's also a genius Mathematician).

I'll be checking that site after Eid. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    It's a month since my birthday today. Summer is the best time for birthdays!!
    I disagree. Friends are always someplace else not near me during the summer!

ReputationRep:
    I pick February, definitely. :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.