Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Ramadan - putting the slim back into muslim.

:cool:
    you're more likely to gain weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badion)
    I meant it is wrong to think like that and I do not what you meant when you said "sucks" if I misunderstood it, then sorry. But I still think you are in wrong way.
    Brother Ramadan is different for him as he doesn't live in a majority Muslim community i don't think. That's the reason behind what he said. I might be wrong. :p:

Can i ask you that you don't say things like that to people. Try to fully understand the situation otherwise we can say some things that might hurt someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    Assalam-wa-alaikum-wa-rahmatullahi-wa-barakhatuhu!

Ramadan is due to start around the 22/23rd of August this year.

This is a thread to discuss all things Ramadan. :woo:

May this Ramadan be a source of great blessing for each and everyone of us.

Ameen!
    Ramadhan is actually supposed to start 20th/21st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Brother Ramadan is different for him as he doesn't live in a majority Muslim community i don't think. That's the reason behind what he said. I might be wrong. :p:

Can i ask you that you don't say things like that to people. Try to fully understand the situation otherwise we can say some things that might hurt someone.
    I was just angry, I was grown up during war in Chechnya and I used to live in Russia(I am chechen) at that time. Now imagine what I've heard about my religion from some of that idiots and etc... after so many bad things that some people telling about our religon I just can't stand when some muslims talk things like that so our enemies can show it to us later. Sorry my english not good enough to have long conversations so this is where I'll stop

Assalamu ALeykum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badion)
    I was just angry, I was grown up during war in Chechnya and I used to live in Russia(I am chechen) at that time. Now imagine what I've heard about my religion from some of that idiots and etc... after so many bad things that some people telling about our religon I just can't stand when some muslims talk things like that so our enemies can show it to us later. Sorry my english not good enough to have long conversations so this is where I'll stop

Assalamu ALeykum!
    Wa Alaykum Salaam

No problem bro. We all need to communicate better and understand where others are coming from.

Your English isn't too bad actually for someone who is learning. Your spelling is good and it looks like you could easily get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Ramadhan is actually supposed to start 20th/21st.
    Sorry thats my mistake. I did a quick google search before I created the thread. Il change it, thanks for pointing it out to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Yeah, it woulda been cool if she didn't stop me at every 5 secs. :grumble: lool... Have you passed your test?
    That can be pretty annoying but that wont happen as much as you begin to gain more experience and stuff.

Yeah Alhamdulilah, passed when I was 17. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Lovely thread, though it is a tad early; would have been better with a week left. Still, the excitement?

Ramadhan is gonna be difficult with the Iftaar time being after 8pm. But if we knew the blessings of this month, we wouldn't complain.

Ramadhan Mubarak to you all.

btw, what does the writing in your sig mean?
    I think it was all that darn excitment that made me make the thread in the first place. :teeth:

I dont think 8 O'clock is that bad considering us students will have most part of the Ramadan in the holidays so thats an added bonus I suppose! :woo:

Ramadan Mubbarak to you to.

Its from the Quran and means:

"Then he called on his lord: I am one overcome: do thou than help (me)"

Its a dua.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    That can be pretty annoying but that wont happen as much as you begin to gain more experience and stuff.

Yeah Alhamdulilah, passed when I was 17. :woo:

Wow! You're inspiring! I'm 17 and would like to pass like you!

Omg, I'm such an idiot, I thought I was on the Isoc and I was looking for the post where method quoted me, and I was so confused because it looked so different. Lol, :doh: it was a different thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Wow! You're inspiring! I'm 17 and would like to pass like you!

Omg, I'm such an idiot, I thought I was on the Isoc and I was looking for the post where method quoted me, and I was so confused because it looked so different. Lol, :doh: it was a different thread.
    :awesome: Its an honest mistake....not like the mistake I just made in that PM.....

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    :awesome: Its an honest mistake....not like the mistake I just made in that PM.....

:getmecoat:

Lol. :cry: I'll never forgive you :crying:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Lol. :cry: I'll never forgive you :crying:
    :doh: I really didnt think.

:puppyeyes: Your too good a mumin not to forgive me......:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    :doh: I really didnt think.

:puppyeyes: Your too good a mumin not to forgive me......:awesome:
    Lol. Course addie my man! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    I think it was all that darn excitment that made me make the thread in the first place. :teeth:

I dont think 8 O'clock is that bad considering us students will have most part of the Ramadan in the holidays so thats an added bonus I suppose! :woo:

Ramadan Mubbarak to you to.

Its from the Quran and means:

"Then he called on his lord: I am one overcome: do thou than help (me)"

Its a dua.
    I remember the good old days when they ended at 4pm .... you had to come home quickly from school not to miss iftar! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo156)
    I remember the good old days when they ended at 4pm .... you had to come home quickly from school not to miss iftar! :rolleyes:
    ...walking home from junior school in the dark! :rolleyes:

Nothing felt more liberating. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    ...walking home from junior school in the dark! :rolleyes:

Nothing felt more liberating. :woo:
    :yep:

:woo:

Its a shame its not like that anymore ....oh well it'll be like that when we're in our 30's. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

:woo:

Its a shame its not like that anymore ....oh well it'll be like that when we're in our 30's. :woo:
    To think when we're in our 30's it will no longer be acceptable or appropriate to use TSR....:sad:

I quite like it that late and look forward to when Iftaar is at 10-11. :yep: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    To think when we're in our 30's it will no longer be acceptable or appropriate to use TSR....:sad:

I quite like it that late and look forward to when Iftaar is at 10-11. :yep: :woo:
    We could always post on something like friendsreunited.com! :ninja:

I don't because it will be mid summer in the UK with humid weather, Saudi arabia will be boiling as it usually is. Fatigue will be a problem and we'll probably sleep for most of it because we'll be working and we'll be extremely knackered of getting only 3 hours sleep in the night!

Mind you I wouldn't mind the extra praying time in the day.

Why do you want it to be that late?

ReputationRep:
    We could always post on something like friendsreunited.com! :ninja:

I don't because it will be mid summer in the UK with humid weather, Saudi arabia will be boiling as it usually is. Fatigue will be a problem and we'll probably sleep for most of it because we'll be working and we'll be extremely knackered of getting only 3 hours sleep in the night!

Mind you I wouldn't mind the extra praying time in the day.

Why do you want it to be that late?
    But at that age arent we 'suppose' to have matured enough not to be wasting time on random internet forums....who knows I suppose we'll set our own standards. :o:

:poke: You really have thought this through....erm I dunno. I dont get hungry....so foods not really the issue.

:top: 'extra praying time!'- quote mo. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    But at that age arent we 'suppose' to have matured enough not to be wasting time on random internet forums....who knows I suppose we'll set our own standards. :o:

:poke: You really have thought this through....erm I dunno. I dont get hungry....so food not really the issue.

:top: 'extra praying time!'- quote mo. :yep:
    :p:

of course, I dont want ramadan to be in summer. I mean we will be pretty thirsty and I am sure you'll get very hungry if you dont sleep that much.

You havent thought anything through have you? :poke:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.