Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    You people are unbelievable. Why do you fast if you are going to eat extreme at Suhur and Ifitar times? Allah have no need for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    You people are unbelievable. Why do you fast if you are going to eat extreme at Suhur and Ifitar times? Allah have no need for this.
    chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    QFT

Kinda defeats the whole point of people fasting. It's not just about not eating during daylight. It's supposed to be about sacrifice, about eating less overall, spending less money, wasting less time, controlling your temper etc. You're supposed to be putting yourselves in the shoes of those less fortunate than yourselves, and they don't finish off a day by eating huge amounts of food. Break your fast with 3 days and water, that's the sunnah. Then have a snack maybe, a dinner that's slightly larger than usual maybe, and then stop eating, don't gorge yourelves like animals.

aaaargh. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I don't understand how people can gorge themselves anyway. I get really full after eating a plate of food that's slightly larger than my normal dinner.

But other than that, chill out - concentrate on your own fasting rather than fretting about what everyone else is doing.

ReputationRep:
    Eughh i wake up every morning feeling sick with a wierd taste in my mouth :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah theres a scientific reason for why your breath stinks more when your fasting.... But remember however much it stinks its better to Allah than the smell of musk.

(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    I bet Adonis has raw eggs innit. To get that protein to make him look ch0000ng
    Buff ting :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musti123)
    Yeah theres a scientific reason for why your breath stinks more when your fasting.... But remember however much it stinks its better to Allah than the smell of musk.
    I don't think it stinks as such I do brush my teeth. I just have a stale taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Eughh i wake up every morning feeling sick with a wierd taste in my mouth
    Maybe because of what you eat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Maybe because of what you eat?
    Eggs for breakfast?
    But I brush my teeth before I sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Eggs for breakfast?
    It's probably dry toothpaste and spit :ninja: lol

....I'm being seirous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Fried eggs + lots of water keeps you going through till iftar.

Protein is the best thing you could have before dawn, takes a long time to digest.

Water is important for obvious reasons, but it is too often neglected.

force-drink yourselves.
    This.

Always try and drink as much water as you can. I try and drink a litre at sehri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Eggs for breakfast?
    It might be. Try eating something else and see if it happens.

ReputationRep:
    meh cannot fast today.

ReputationRep:
    Just read some of the last messages, you guys eat a lot of egg :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Poor little chicks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Eh, I don't understand how people can gorge themselves anyway. I get really full after eating a plate of food that's slightly larger than my normal dinner.

But other than that, chill out - concentrate on your own fasting rather than fretting about what everyone else is doing.
    It's called advice though. The main point of Ramadhan is taqwa, not the fact that you eat yummy food and loads of it. You're supposed to eat a little, otherwise there really is no point of fasting. True we shouldn't judge others, but how else will you learn if you don't get told what's right and wrong? I mean loads of people get so so happy when iftar comes, it's all like 'finally!'. Where's the sadness, the need or the want to continue on making the most of the day? Quite sad really. I'm not one to judge as I was like this before, but it helps learning bit by bit. (Not having a go at you personally or anything, just generally).

ReputationRep:
    hmm are we supposed to pray 6 times a day during ramadan ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stunt101)
    hmm are we supposed to pray 6 times a day during ramadan ?
    You pray your normal 5 daily prayers. However, there is also Salatul Taraweeh, which takes place at the mosque every night in which the Qur'an is recited in the 30 days. However, this is not a fardh prayer, though it is highly advisable to participate in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    You pray your normal 5 daily prayers. However, there is also Salatul Taraweeh, which takes place at the mosque every night in which the Qur'an is recited in the 30 days. However, this is not a fardh prayer, though it is highly advisable to participate in it.
    ouch never done that ..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.