Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone talking about food :mad:

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    GUys, get this, my uncle said there was halal doner kebab in lidl (the frozen one)
    1.79 - waaaaay cheaper than a shop price.
    man still 90 minutes left.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    Why is everyone talking about food :mad:

:indiff:
    Who's talking about food? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lets change the subject.

Whos ever had their birthday during ramadan??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdxb)
    lets change the subject.

Whos ever had their birthday during ramadan??
    Me =)

but that was all the way in december lol

ReputationRep:
    instead of making meaningless small talks - what have you done today that reaps you rewards during this blessed month? what have you done today that you probably would not do/not give that much attention to, in any other month? what have you done today that would contribute to making you acheive a high level of taqwa?

Remember, Allah said "O you who believe, fasting has been ordained for you...so that you will (acheive taqwa and be of) AlMutaqoon" (Qur'an 2:183)

Also remember, the beloved prophet (saw) said "some people will not acheive anything in Ramadhan except hunger and thirst"

are you one of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    instead of making meaningless small talks - what have you done today that reaps you rewards during this blessed month? what have you done today that you probably not do/not give that much attention to, in any other month? what have you done today that would contribute to making you acheive a high level of taqwa?

Remember, Allah said "O you who believe, fasting has been ordained for you...so that you will (acheive taqwa and be of) AlMutaqoon" (Qur'an 2:183)

Also remember, the beloved prophet (saw) said "some people will not acheive anything in Ramadhan except hunger and thirst"

are you one of them?
    Can you explain this a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Everton :lolwut:
    The thinking woman (or man's) Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    instead of making meaningless small talks - what have you done today that reaps you rewards during this blessed month? what have you done today that you probably would not do/not give that much attention to, in any other month? what have you done today that would contribute to making you acheive a high level of taqwa?

are you one of them?
    lol weren't you the one to start this convo by posting the photo?

on a serious note though, the first thing i did when i woke up was pray...for 4 hours straight =)

ReputationRep:

are you one of them?
    Completed 3 chapters of the Qur'an, read Qur'an from suhur to zuhr.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to get a prize :sad:

:rant:

And to answer the new question, I had my birthday during Ramadan last year, will have it this year and next year. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Completed 3 chapters of the Qur'an, read Qur'an from suhur to zuhr.
    MashAllah.

Good job bro :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    lol weren't you the one to start this convo by posting the photo?

on a serious note though, the first thing i did when i woke up was pray...for 4 hours straight =)
    Wow...Namaz or Doa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London Liaisons)
    The thinking woman (or man's) Barcelona.
    I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...Namaz or Doa?
    by praying i meant reading the Qur'an (including translation) too...so a bit of everything =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    Can you explain this a bit more?
    what do you want more explaining about?

the Prophet (saw) said "some people will not acheive anything in Ramadhan except hunger and thirst..."

talking about fasting

"and some people will not acheive nothing at night except stress and tiredness/fatique"

refering to taraweeh prayers.

Ramadhan is not about abstaining from food and drink during daylight hours. This month is a mercy from Allah to us, giving us an oppertunity to win his forgiveness more than any other time. We should do more acts of ibadat (worship) and remember Allah always. It is also time to forgive others and overlook their faults. The sahaba used to pray six monts after Ramadhan that Allah accepts their siyam and deeds in Ramadhan, and the other six months they used to pray to Allah to let them live o see the next Ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is good people will increase their salalt and ibada during ramadan.
    During the month of ramadan its is not only about staying hungry.
    1.Salat
    2. Safeguarding your ears (not listening to obscence lyriced songs),eyes(do no allow your eyes to stray towards wrong things),mouth (do no swear,argue,backbite, as these will break your fast) and feet (tread in clean places- even after iftar)
    3. Giving charity

However - do not give charity for the sake of showing a persons generousity (i.e to boast)
    In one parable this is described by using a rock and dust.
    The rock is the person giving charity, the dust is his chairty.
    If a person gives charity to show off, if rain or wind falls on the rock, the charity is blown away. however a person who gives chairty for this own belief, the rock will sporut with leaves and grass.

4.Reading Koran (and understanding it) - plkease brothers look for an english koran. - as this month was the month the koran was delievered to the earth.

5. Doing umrah. The prophet (s.w.a) said 'Those who perform umrah in the month of ramdan, it is like they are performing hajj with me'

Hope someone reads and benefits from this
    Salam

ReputationRep:
    Wow...Namaz or Doa?
    Wat's Doa ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey everyone

I thought this video might be of interest to everyone here,as it seems to convey one of the major lessons of Ramadan i.e for us to realise how fortunate we are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz86aiZ4z1g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    I don't get it.
    Precisely.:P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.