Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Looks like I WAS too nosy...sorry bout that :o:

Nah,TSRers aren't that evil...I don't think...or are they:devil:
    Lol its okaiii

You'd be surprised, I've gotten neg rep over the stupidest things :rolleyes:, but I'm sure my musulmaan bros and sistahz will be more kind-hearted ^_^...or NOT ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_dragoness274)
    I ain't fasting today!

I'm making the most of it though, by eating like crazy o_0,

Btw I guess "avoiding/reducing watching TV" would also mean cut out the TSR-ing?!
    I'm not fasting either, but I haven't eaten much :dry:

Maybe I should :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    You remind me of my bestie, she makes me laugh. She told me she would get really bored during Ramadan without food, so I said "Should you be praying?" and after a pause she said, "I think I'll just sleep." :giggle:

:rofl:
    Hahaa I take that as a good thing?

I totally understand where she's coming from, I mean, without food I literally feel really empty inside (don't laugh ).

Nothing like dozing off in your garden to pass the time....you also get a tan! Bonus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    *negs* :mad:

Though I'd still rather be a guy. You girls can miss some fasts (and make up for it later) but go through a hell lot of pain :lol:
    OI. Bet you're drooling over those aloo pakoras ehh? Extra crunchy too =).

I'd rather be a guy too. Sad times...besides catching up is worse because you get really lazy by then.

(Original post by so.simple)
    I'm not fasting either, but I haven't eaten much :dry:

Maybe I should :teeth:
    Yeshhhh, then I won't feel like the only fattie non-faster around here xD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_dragoness274)
    Hahaa I take that as a good thing?

I totally understand where she's coming from, I mean, without food I literally feel really empty inside (don't laugh ).

Nothing like dozing off in your garden to pass the time....you also get a tan! Bonus!
    It's an excellent thing!

lol, don't we all...:p:

Haha! Do you think we'll get in trouble for undermining, a little bit, the real reason of Ramadan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    It's an excellent thing!

lol, don't we all...:p:

Haha! Do you think we'll get in trouble for undermining, a little bit, the real reason of Ramadan?
    Thankyou

I guess you're right, BUT I wouldn't say undermining it. I really do feel good at the end of the day (when I'm fasting that is, and not just because of the food! lol)..but I was just mentioning that it does make you a bit sleepy especially in summer when the day's so lonnng

ReputationRep:
    mmm during ramadan theres really only one question we should asking one another

whats for iftari

ReputationRep:
    So much fried food for iftar...damn you for making me hungry
    :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweed)
    So much fried food for iftar...damn you for making me hungry
    :sogood:
    Fatttyyy :giggle:

I told my mum not to fry things for iftar this year, but she still did yesterday :sigh:
    It was yummy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    hey do you guys still go out in the evening/weekends during ramadan? i was meant to be going to a gig on friday but i cancelled cuz id feel like a hypocrite..u know prayin and fasting all day then dancing all night..! i dno is just me or..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    hey do you guys still go out in the evening/weekends during ramadan? i was meant to be going to a gig on friday but i cancelled cuz id feel like a hypocrite..u know prayin and fasting all day then dancing all night..! i dno is just me or..
    It depends on where you go, but I reckon it's good you cancelled your plans for the gig :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    It depends on where you go, but I reckon it's good you cancelled your plans for the gig :cute:
    hmm well tbh it's at a local pub so there will be alcohol. i dont drink and my friends are always sensible around me but i guess it's best to stay away, eh!
    thnks for the replyyyy

ReputationRep:
    hmm well tbh it's at a local pub so there will be alcohol. i dont drink and my friends are always sensible around me but i guess it's best to stay away, eh!
    thnks for the replyyyy
    Best to make more of an effort in Ramadan at least

ReputationRep:
    nooo...its gud u cancelled, i had to move to uni last ramadhan during freshers..but i didnt go out even though everyone else was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz_86)
    nooo...its gud u cancelled, i had to move to uni last ramadhan during freshers..but i didnt go out even though everyone else was
    aww yeah i was wondering what muslims do during freshers! when i go uni the first thing i'll do is join some sort of islamic society so we can have a muslim frshers! ooo group iftaaris <3

ReputationRep:
    Lmao group iftaaris :P

I always find Ramadan pretty easy seeing as I don't eat much anyway

ReputationRep:
    aww yeah i was wondering what muslims do during freshers! when i go uni the first thing i'll do is join some sort of islamic society so we can have a muslim frshers! ooo group iftaaris <3
    you'll meet loads of other muslims...we did that, it was guuud! but this year i shall be moving to uni after eid lol. hows ur ramadhan going?

ReputationRep:

i tend not to go out during ramadan just for the fact am shatterd after eating especially with them being so late this year but a suppose each to there own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz_86)
    you'll meet loads of other muslims...we did that, it was guuud! but this year i shall be moving to uni after eid lol. hows ur ramadhan going?
    haha yay im so excited there r hardly any muslim people my age around here!
    ramadan is going well thnks! been keeping all my rozas Alhamdullillah
    altho im starving right now !!

how about u?

ReputationRep:
    haha yay im so excited there r hardly any muslim people my age around here!
    ramadan is going well thnks! been keeping all my rozas Alhamdullillah
    altho im starving right now !!

how about u?
    lol..where i live it's quite the opposite, brown people galore mashallah same ere..they've been okay. i've been working 7-12 all week which has been a bugger.

ramadhans going by pretty fast isn't it, what u been upto anyway?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.