Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.. only just stumbled across this thread now.. whats it doing in the 'chat' section? Surely its worthy of general discussion or something else? Oh well, ramadan mubarak all! I'm quite glad these aren't during term time, it would be a bit difficult travelling for the odd hour or so, walking up and down for lectures and not being able to eat anything till 8! Hope everyone's fasts are going well
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Oh wow.. only just stumbled across this thread now.. whats it doing in the 'chat' section? Surely its worthy of general discussion or something else? Oh well, ramadan mubarak all! I'm quite glad these aren't during term time, it would be a bit difficult travelling for the odd hour or so, walking up and down for lectures and not being able to eat anything till 8! Hope everyone's fasts are going well
    :hello: Welcome to the thread

Ramadan Mubarak to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Oh right...I just assumed that because you said your body didn't like the fact that you were eating in the evenings...because usually,after the first year or so,the body gets used to it...well,my body has

Nah,I've been fasting for a long time now,can't remember when I started
    My body is just used to have large dinners in the evenings, that's probably why.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the :tsr:!
    and Ramadhan Kareem(mubarak!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :hello: Welcome to the thread

Ramadan Mubarak to you too
    Thanks! Its nice having a muslim community on here

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Mubarak to you too =)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by starchild)
    My body is just used to have large dinners in the evenings, that's probably why.
    Ah right...I guess I assume too much too early :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    haha thankssss man i prayed soooo much so Allah listened to me! yay!
    i'm applying to Leeds, Sheffield, Kings college and Queen mary inshAllah! i reli hope i get in somewhere :\
    ooo wow kent! they dont offer dentistry i dont thinks
    i'm sittin the ukcat in 17 days lol! ARGHH!!! panic timeeee
    u geek lol keep it up, you'll get in everywhere don't worry..u got some good grades there. when ur a dentist i shall come to u for free treatment lol! nah kent don't offer dentistry, good luck with the ukcat test you'll be fine. what do they test you on anyway? how u doing anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    Never knew that. It's a traditional Somali dish as well :yep:
    well, considering how close somalia is to yemen, the fact that many somalians go to yemen to seek refuge, its not suprising that its also a somalian dish.

are you somalian?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I cant believe ive only just discovered this thread.

How is everyone finding Ramadhan?
    Hello there!. Welcome to :tsr:! Ramadhan is top. Loving every minute of it. How about yourself?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Hello there!. Welcome to :tsr:! Ramadhan is top. Loving every minute of it. How about yourself?.
    TSR is an awesome place Ive spent far too many years, doing completely random things.

Ramadhan is going well, but im eating less in the evenings. Rice is too stoggy But its going well

ReputationRep:
    haha thankssss man i prayed soooo much so Allah listened to me! yay!
    i'm applying to Leeds, Sheffield, Kings college and Queen mary inshAllah! i reli hope i get in somewhere :\
    ooo wow kent! they dont offer dentistry i dont thinks
    i'm sittin the ukcat in 17 days lol! ARGHH!!! panic timeeee
    Salaam. I just happened to notice that you want to do Dentistry. :p:
    I applied to Dentistry twice(in 2 years) but didnt get in. . Had 1 interview at Manchester, but messed that up. :o: . Ah the UKCAT test, I remember that. I think you'l ace the test. Just watch out for the first and last section of the test, theyre the slighty tricky ones. With the abstract reasoning(pattern thingys lol) look out for similarity in lines(curvy or straight), colours, shades, shapes, orientation(rotation etc), number of objects(lines etc). Dont spend too much time on one question, because time really flies in the test!. Remember try the practice questions beforehand! I think you'l find they help a lot. My mark in individual sections went up by more than 100 each due to them!
    All the best and Good luck! Although Im sure you wont need it!. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    well, considering how close somalia is to yemen, the fact that many somalians go to yemen to seek refuge, its not suprising that its also a somalian dish.

are you somalian?
    Erm i'm not sure, Somalis have been eating lahoh for ages not just after the war.

:yep: I am Somali.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is an awesome place Ive spent far too many years, doing completely random things.

Ramadhan is going well, but im eating less in the evenings. Rice is too stoggy But its going well
    Oops I meant to say welcome to the Ramadhan thread :o: :p: . Thats good, just take it easy and inshallah all will be fine! . I'm getting late for taraweeh prayer so Il catch you later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    Erm i'm not sure, Somalis have been eating lahoh for ages not just after the war.

:yep: I am Somali.
    yh i know, somalia and Yemen are proper close geographically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    6 days :sigh:
    aww good luck i think it's all about practice so do as much as possible altho there's not many materials out there
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    aww good luck i think it's all about practice so do as much as possible altho there's not many materials out there
    Thanks I've put practice in...the thing is,my mate had it a few days back,and he did a lot of practice...but when he went into the exam,he found it completely different to what he'd done in practice

I'm not trying to worry you or anything,it's just what he told me when he came out of the test :yep:

Good Luck with your UKCAT too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz_86)
    u geek lol keep it up, you'll get in everywhere don't worry..u got some good grades there. when ur a dentist i shall come to u for free treatment lol! nah kent don't offer dentistry, good luck with the ukcat test you'll be fine. what do they test you on anyway? how u doing anyway?
    thnkuuu inshAllah i will be able to give u free treatment haha! freebies for all my TSR buddies!
    oh gosh ukcat is so strange. there's like a section where u have to read text and answer question on the text but it's harder than it sounds..there's another section where u have to look at images and math pairs up, there's a maths bit and so on
    i'mhappy now i've had iftar. i made stir fry with noodles!!!!!! YAY. i also had a cornetto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Thanks I've put practice in...the thing is,my mate had it a few days back,and he did a lot of practice...but when he went into the exam,he found it completely different to what he'd done in practice

I'm not trying to worry you or anything,it's just what he told me when he came out of the test :yep:

Good Luck with your UKCAT too
    ahh right well what did ur mate get? there is the luck factor u know :\ atleast if u keep practising you'll be prepared for anything hehe
    thnku i started preparing today using random stuff on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    yh i know, somalia and Yemen are proper close geographically.
    Yeah we took some of your dishes :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.