Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Is anyone else getting headaches?
    I did have one in the morning...but that was probably because I didn't go to sleep after Sehri :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :sigh:
    He so silly :rolleyes: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    It's been a struggle, but I pulled through. You should try it sometime
    I'd rather have some meat left on my body, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    I'd rather have some meat left on my body, thanks.
    What you tryna say? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    What you tryna say? :puppyeyes:
    That I hate kryptonite
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He so silly :rolleyes: :tongue:
    :sigh: is all I can say

:p:

ReputationRep:
    That I hate kryptonite
    what does kryptonite have to do with fasting?

ReputationRep:
    That I hate kryptonite
    Says the guy who wears his underwear on the outside. Not a good look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    He got an average of 640...I definitely agree with you bout the luck factor...my mate said he guessed more than 50% in the Quantative Reasoning section because he spent way too long on the earlier questions and still got a decent score on it :yep:

Here's a website you might find useful for practice...I've used it a few times and it's proved to be okay

http://medicmix.com/viewPage.php?ID=UKCAT
    wow that's really good :O take ur mates advice and dont spend too long on any of the questions :eek3: awww thnku so much for the website! will i have to register?

ReputationRep:
    That I hate kryptonite
    I'm not following :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Salaam. I just happened to notice that you want to do Dentistry. :p:
    I applied to Dentistry twice(in 2 years) but didnt get in. . Had 1 interview at Manchester, but messed that up. :o: . Ah the UKCAT test, I remember that. I think you'l ace the test. Just watch out for the first and last section of the test, theyre the slighty tricky ones. With the abstract reasoning(pattern thingys lol) look out for similarity in lines(curvy or straight), colours, shades, shapes, orientation(rotation etc), number of objects(lines etc). Dont spend too much time on one question, because time really flies in the test!. Remember try the practice questions beforehand! I think you'l find they help a lot. My mark in individual sections went up by more than 100 each due to them!
    All the best and Good luck! Although Im sure you wont need it!. :p:
    awww no way, have you thought about applying abroad? what r u doing now? you could always do a different degree then apply to peninsula as a postgrad. if u get a 2.1 ur pretty much guaranteed a place.
    thnku sooooo much for the ukcat tips. ive actually written them down in my notepad lol!! i really dooo need the luck with ukcat cuz im really struggling but i'm goin on a Kaplan course this weekend which shud help
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    wow that's really good :O take ur mates advice and dont spend too long on any of the questions :eek3: awww thnku so much for the website! will i have to register?
    Yeah...it's really quick though,and I didn't really find it a problem to register...haven't gotten one spam email from them yet,so that's not a problem...you can use it if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Yeah...it's really quick though,and I didn't really find it a problem to register...haven't gotten one spam email from them yet,so that's not a problem...you can use it if you like
    woo hoo thnks homie! imma go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Wa Alaykum Salaam,

Yep so far so good, the hunger is going to kick in about after Asr when my mum goes in to the kitchen to prepare food for Iftaar, the smell makes me hungry. :rolleyes:

What about you ? How comes ? You should drink plenty of water at suhoor. I drink about 5 glasses, lol.
    Yeah i drink sooo much then too but it just disappears once ive woken up

I'm used to drinking water literally every 30mins normally so my biggest struggle in Ramadhan thirst! I can go ages without food so that's ok I've been so moody today due to thirst lol yay approx an hour to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    I can't beleive people are hungry. I have been without food nor water for longer when I'm not fasting. I am probably used to it so much because I have been fasting since I was very young (about 8)

I've been fasting for years too and i didn't say i was hungry lol i'm just very used to drinking lots of water that's all

Countdown!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    woo hoo thnks homie! imma go for it
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    You lot should be ashamed. :p: My 9 year old brother is fasting, and he seems to be coping fine so far. The only time he ever complains is when it gets to like 30mins close to iftaar time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London Liaisons)
    Says the guy who wears his underwear on the outside. Not a good look.
    They have special powers, don'tcha know.

Although I guess I could've picked a better colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    You lot should be ashamed. My 9 year old brother is fasting, and he seems to be coping fine so far. The only time he ever complains is when it gets to like 30mins close to iftaar time.
    You can't get some kids to eat anyway, even when it's not Ramadan So fasting is easy for them. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    They have special powers, don'tcha know.

Although I guess I could've picked a better colour.
    Are they pink? :mmm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.