The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Prokaryotic_crap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
I want to know why :puppyeyes: No argument causation thingy majig intended.
Ask in the "Ask a Muslim" thread.

Edit: I'll give you a short answer

Spoiler:
Show
They (shia) think it is bid'ah started by Umar ibn AlKhattab (ra). They beleive he saw the prophet (saw) praying Tahajjud in the mosque at night in Ramadhan and so adopted the idea of special night prayers in Ramadhan (Taraweeh). However, what they (shia) have failed to realise is that the prophet (saw) used to lead the people in Ramadhan for the Taraweeh prayers but he suddenly stopped it due to thinking people will think its fard and pray it every Ramadhan, when infact its sunnah only (voluntary). Anyway, Umar ibn Alkhattab revived this practice when he was Caliph.
Method
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just wanna share my favourite adhaan. Sounds amazing alhumdulillah.

Method
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whoa thunder! Serious hurricane outside!!
Hibz123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Asalamu Alaikum everyone I attended the mosque at duhr time and it was raining so bad. We both got really soaked How is fasting going for everyone? It gets easier everyday:yep:
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
Ask in the "Ask a Muslim" thread.

Edit: I'll give you a short answer

Spoiler:
Show
They think it is bid'ah started by Umar ibn AlKhattab (ra). They beleive he saw the prophet (saw) praying Tahajjud in the mosque at night in Ramadhan and so adopted the idea of special night prayers in Ramadhan (Taraweeh). However, what they have failed to realise is that the prophet (saw) used to lead the people in Ramadhan for the Taraweeh prayers but he suddenly stopped it due to thinking people will think its fard and pray it every Ramadhan, when infact its sunnah only (voluntary). Anyway, Umar ibn Alkhattab revived this practice when he was Caliph.
By 'they' are you referring to the Sunni or Shi'ite Muslims :ninja: I'm a bit slow
Also, it is fard but I thought your fast doesn't count for much unless you actually pray..?
Liverpool F.C.™
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SyedT)
I wouldn't mind,except we pray in a different way to sunni muslims,so going there might offend some of the people...and I'd rather not do that
That's really silly, we are all muslims after all, sunni or shia that should not stop us from going to the mosque. A mosque is a mosque (the house of Allah SWT) there is no such thing as a sunni/shia mosque, this type of mentality keeps the muslims divided.
Prokaryotic_crap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
By 'they' are you referring to the Sunni or Shi'ite Muslims :ninja: I'm a bit slow
Also, it is fard but I thought your fast doesn't count for much unless you actually pray..?
corrected! check the spoiler again

thats what i though long tme ago. its really just a sunnah though. the 5 daily prayers are more important as they are fard
ZahraF
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why are people talking about Shia'a like they are different species or something. We're all Muslims at the end of the day.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ZahraF)
Why are people talking about Shia'a like they are different species or something. We're all Muslims at the end of the day.
Who is talking about them as a different species
Ezraeil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so are you saying you never been to a mosque? not even for Eid prayer?
Of course I've been...I used to go when I was in Pakistan and Manchester,but since then I haven't had a chance due to a mosque not being present where I've been living...
Ezraeil
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
That's really silly, we are all muslims after all, sunni or shia that should not stop us from going to the mosque. A mosque is a mosque (the house of Allah SWT) there is no such thing as a sunni/shia mosque, this type of mentality keeps the muslims divided.
That's what I think too...we're all muslims at the end of the day...but I've heard of sunni muslims getting offended by shias going in before,so I'd rather not risk it
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
is a fast valid without praying tarawee?

Also I class myself as neither shia nor sunni. Especially with my english background too. I honestly don't even know the difference.
Prokaryotic_crap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SyedT)
Of course I've been...I used to go when I was in Pakistan and Manchester,but since then I haven't had a chance due to a mosque not being present where I've been living...
so what are you gonna do after Ramadhan, on Eid? go all the way up to manchester?

can't you do something about it? i mean if theres absolutely no mosque for you, thats not fair, im sure something can be done.
Liverpool F.C.™
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
corrected! check the spoiler again

thats what i though long tme ago. its really just a sunnah though. the 5 daily prayers are more important as they are fard
That's what I hate though most people think because it is Sunnah it is minor so you shouldn't do it. Taraweeh is Sunnah Muakkida it MUST be read by every male/female unless there is a strong valid excuse not to.
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Agreed.

(You may have been annoying earlier - but you have a point here mate :yep: )
noisy06
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)

Also I class myself as neither shia nor sunni. Especially with my english background too. I honestly don't even know the difference.
Yes it is valid.

I don't believe your second statement at all btw
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by slawaccess23)
Yes it is valid.

I don't believe your second statement at all btw

Oh really.

and why not?
Prokaryotic_crap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)

1) yes its valid. taraweeh is sunnah (voluntary) like i have explained above

2) how do you say the shahadah?
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's what I hate though most people think because it is Sunnah it is minor so you shouldn't do it. Taraweeh is Sunnah Muakkida it MUST be read by every male/female unless there is a strong valid excuse not to.
Where did you get this info from? I thought it was purely optional.
Ezraeil
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so what are you gonna do after Ramadhan, on Eid? go all the way up to manchester?

can't you do something about it? i mean if theres absolutely no mosque for you, thats not fair, im sure something can be done.
Last year,me and Dad just prayed Eid prayers at home...it's valid to do so,as long as it's done properly
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads