Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Low Calorie Dinner Options Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dieting at the moment and i'm looking for some low calorie meal options.
    I'm getting a bit sick of the likes of egg whites, admirals pie, soup etc.
    Problem is i'm not a huge fan of vegetables so vegetarian stuff doesn't really do it for me.
    I'm thinking of things in the 300-500 calorie bracket. No more than 500!
    Don't say 350's too low for a dinner. I'm trying to do the little and often eating thing as I heard it works best.

So basically wondering did anyone have any tasty suggestions?!

ReputationRep:
    3 kit kats

My housemate is on a diet, and she eats a lot of jacket potatoes, with tuna or cheese, she told me the average potatoe is worth about 250 calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    3 kit kats
    :rofl:

Pakoras? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    chicken and vegetables. the mixed frozen veg i get is 35 cals per 100g and chicken is 109 cals per 100g.

at the end of the day you are dieting. losing fat should be a far higher priority then taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cup of Inspiration)
    My housemate is on a diet, and she eats a lot of jacket potatoes, with tuna or cheese, she told me the average potatoe is worth about 250 calories
    jacket potatoes? Surely she could think of something better than that. Potatoes have starch and thats about it

You need to be having chiken and tuna like she said, not to much cheese though. Try wraps or something

ReputationRep:

Cheese would make it loads though!!

jacket potatoes? Surely she could think of something better than that. Potatoes have starch and thats about it

You need to be having chiken and tuna like she said, not to much cheese though. Try wraps or something
    well thats what she does, have different toppings, she only has it for lunch a few times a week when in a rush, like tuna mayo, or veg etc

(Original post by Jessikar)
    Cheese would make it loads though!!

Low fat cheese? You need to have a portion of dairy in your diet anyway

ReputationRep:
    well thats what she does, have different toppings, she only has it for lunch a few times a week when in a rush, like tuna mayo, or veg etc
    Fair enough :p:

Does anyone else like reading these threads and just feel so happy that they can eat loads and not put any weight on :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlicules)
    chicken and vegetables. the mixed frozen veg i get is 35 cals per 100g and chicken is 109 cals per 100g.

at the end of the day you are dieting. losing fat should be a far higher priority then taste.

It's the texture of veg in my mouth that I hate too. Ughhh

ReputationRep:
    Low fat cottage cheese is good on spuds.

Fair enough :p:

Does anyone else like reading these threads and just feel so happy that they can eat loads and not put any weight on :coma:

lol my h/m is eating TONS at the moment, and she's lost 2 stone!

ReputationRep:
    Soup!!! =D =D low fat and tasty =P

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether you want to be healthy or not... Pot Noodles are about 384 calories.
    You can make pasta with a pasta sauce for around/just under 500 if you like.
    You can buy Quorn type products which are usually much lower in calories than the equivalent meat product and also contains a lot of protein which is important for weight loss and also for making sure your hair/nails are kept in good condition. A Quorn 'chicken' burger for example is only 123 calories.
    Depending on how it's cooked fish can very low calorie and nutritious.
    On another unhealthy note supermarkets often sell little children's mini pizzas which are suprisingly low in calories, no more than 400.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Soup!!! =D =D low fat and tasty =P
    see i have a slima soup for lunch every day so if i had more at dinner i'd starting hating it!

ReputationRep:
    aids? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Im not into vegies, my trick is to fry them in garlic and soy sauce (with maybe onions). It gives them taste therefor much eaasier to eat

ReputationRep:
    Whats h/m? :sigh:

And hows she eating loads and losing weight? Is that the kind of shes eating loads... an apple a day and a peice of chocolate loads or actual loads *confusion*

(Original post by carlicules)
    aids? :eek:

lol no, i think shes just stuffing on lots of low cal things etc her point of the diet is not to feel hungry, she's done pretty well!

Whats h/m?

And hows she eating loads and losing weight? Is that the kind of shes eating loads... an apple a day and a peice of chocolate loads or actual loads *confusion*
    h/m = housemate, and see above, it really is what she's having like loads of fruit, veg, she's with some weight loss group, but seems to be working and eating loads!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.