Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going?

If you are, who are you most looking forward to seeing?

ReputationRep:
    plus, anyone got anyone got any advice they've picked up from V in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    i cannot wait to see GLC again!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a ticket for Leeds but Im SO desperate to go to V too!
    The Killers and Lily FTW!!!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3006)
    plus, anyone got anyone got any advice they've picked up from V in previous years?
    I thought about going, but i've been lots before and everyone playing this year i'd seen before so wasn't really worth the money.

Only words of wisdom I have is prepare for everything. Even if the day looks like it's going to rain all the time still take a bit of suncream and vice versa with a raincoat. Last year I got burnt and soaked on the same day!!

Remember if you take drinks in the bottle has to be sealed even if it's water. Otherwise they just chuck it in the bin.

Oh, and print out a list of everyone who's at which stage at which time from the internet a few days before to save you having to buy one of this timetable things as they are quite pricey considering it's just a bit of laminated card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02sd2607)
    I have a ticket for Leeds but Im SO desperate to go to V too!
    The Killers and Lily FTW!!!!
    x
    im going to leeds too
    looking forward to it more than V though, lostprophets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jen-bee)
    I thought about going, but i've been lots before and everyone playing this year i'd seen before so wasn't really worth the money.

Only words of wisdom I have is prepare for everything. Even if the day looks like it's going to rain all the time still take a bit of suncream and vice versa with a raincoat. Last year I got burnt and soaked on the same day!!

Remember if you take drinks in the bottle has to be sealed even if it's water. Otherwise they just chuck it in the bin.

Oh, and print out a list of everyone who's at which stage at which time from the internet a few days before to save you having to buy one of this timetable things as they are quite pricey considering it's just a bit of laminated card.

as for the drinks, put them in your wellies to get through the gate, then put them in your bag afterwards and they won't find them

i went last year and took not water drinks into the arena, but maybe they're cracking down on that this year....

and i know the programmes are a right rip off, £10 to know what time your fave bands are on after they've charged you like £170 for a ticket.
    greedy *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3006)
    im going to leeds too
    looking forward to it more than V though, lostprophets
    Hell no haha
    V all the way!
    x

I'm going.

Program is expensive though it does make a nice souvenir, so I'll probably get one anyway. Still got mine from V2003, signed by loads of cool bands and a great memento.

Last time I went I got loads of really cool posters and stuff by hanging around the signing tent when bands I wasn't too bothered about were playing, after bands have finished their signing session there tends to be merchandise left over.

Preparing for any eventuality is always good. Common sense really!!! I'll be layering my clothing and taking a daysack to keep kag-in-a-bag in plus water, suncream etc and then a small across the body bag for essentials. Suncream is sensible even when cloudy at this time of the year to be honest as you never know.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so jealous. i really want to go V festival, looks awesome this year!

ReputationRep:
    Don't have time this year, boo, but if I would have been going it would have been for McFly.

ReputationRep:
    I would have given anything to go and see The Killers. Didn't have the funds this year, alas!

By the way, does anybody know if it's going to be broadcast on television?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    I would have given anything to go and see The Killers. Didn't have the funds this year, alas!

By the way, does anybody know if it's going to be broadcast on television?
    Yeah it definitely is. I overheard it getting advertised on the tele today, the only problem is i was barely listening so i don't know the essential details (what channel/what times) :o:

ReputationRep:
    is it not normally broadcast on channel 4 and e4? as they always have the t4 bus there with all the presenters.

ReputationRep:
    oh and with regards to the expensive timetable, if you look on the sides of the mobile phone charging points, there's this thing where they bluetooth you an app for your phone with the timetable on it and the option to choose what acts you want to see and when. you leave the application running in the background and your phone tells you when the next band you want to see is on and where, and it lets you know if you've got any clashes too. it was really handy!

ReputationRep:
    thats amazing! need to do that, i cant wait for V!

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait (sorry for the overused cliche)! I only bought a ticket so that I would experience a festival for the first time, and I got to see the Specials and Elbow and the Killers.

I have a list of all the ones I want to see. It should be an enjoyable time.

ReputationRep:
    Mon the Biffy!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there! and i'm looking forward to plenty of bands, mostly Oasis.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going. My third year going, but I live just around the corner to the Chelmsford one, so I won't be camping - I like my bed and shower too much
    I'm really looking forward to pendulum and the killers, but to be honest nothing is going to top MUSE!! last year so I'm just gunna go with the flow and see whats going on really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.