Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basic training routine for a girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    :facepalm2:
    Lemme guess, "HIIT BURNS MORE FAT THAT YOUR CRAPPY ROUTINE EVER WILL!!! WAH WAH WAH!"

I told you I don't like being really sore after exercises and pushing myself to my limit will make me this happen. :rolleyes: My way is tried and tested with great results. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Vicky~)
    Your facepalm made me realise how wrong I was. The reasoning in that post was great. :yes:
    Ok. Look at it this way, your core muscles (huge hint in the name there) are designed to support and hold a heavy weight. NOT to do fanny crunches and sit ups. The muscles are built to be used to hold you upright, in a squat/deadlift/OH Press sort of manner.

You can also think about it in terms of simple physics, in a situp you only use a tiny amount of your abdominal strength to get you the first few cm up, even then you are only lifting a very small amount of weight, not pushing the muscles thus not causing any development.

The pure fact you say that you dont want to develop your muscles shows you know next to nothing about exercise or the results of it.

ReputationRep:
    Lemme guess, "HIIT BURNS MORE FAT THAT YOUR CRAPPY ROUTINE EVER WILL!!! WAH WAH WAH!"

I told you I don't like being really sore after exercises and pushing myself to my limit will make me this happen. :rolleyes: My way is tried and tested with great results. :yes:
    Even just doing a weight program would give you better results than that. Interesting to see that you keep going on about results but dont show them?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Look at it this way, your core muscles (huge hint in the name there) are designed to support and hold a heavy weight. NOT to do fanny crunches and sit ups. The muscles are built to be used to hold you upright, in a squat/deadlift/OH Press sort of manner.

You can also think about it in terms of simple physics, in a situp you only use a tiny amount of your abdominal strength to get you the first few cm up, even then you are only lifting a very small amount of weight, not pushing the muscles thus not causing any development.

The pure fact you say that you dont want to develop your muscles shows you know next to nothing about exercise or the results of it.
    You know sit up benches exist right?

Even just doing a weight program would give you better results than that. Interesting to see that you keep going on about results but dont show them?
    So you want me to show you my bare torso on the internet just to prove me right? Please. I'm THAT desperate to be proven right. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

So you want me to show you my bare torso on the internet just to prove me right? Please. I'm THAT desperate to be proven right. :rolleyes:
    No, he wants to see all of you :teeth:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:

You know the situp motion is fundamentally flawed and engages next to none of the abdominal right?

Now I ever said that, but the fact your picture is a 'myspace angle' doesn't go much to helping yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    No, he wants to see all of you :teeth:

:rofl:

Who said just see :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You know the situp motion is fundamentally flawed and engages next to none of the abdominal right?

Now I ever said that, but the fact your picture is a 'myspace angle' doesn't go much to helping yourself
    :facepalm:

Listen, why don't you show me how it's done? Because I don't know. I've just been doing something that has no effect on me whatsoever for the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

How is my picture a "myspace angle"? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

Listen, why don't you show me how it's done? Because I don't know. I've just been doing something that has no effect on me whatsoever for the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

How is my picture a "myspace angle"? :wtf:
    You know that link I posted at the start of the thread? Thats got it all in.

ReputationRep:
    You know that link I posted at the start of the thread? Thats got it all in.
    No, i'm more interested in the "myspace angle" comment now. :rolleyes: Very offensive.

ReputationRep:
    No, i'm more interested in the "myspace angle" comment now. :rolleyes: Very offensive.
    Cant see arms
    Cant see below chest
    Hair covering as much of body as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Cant see arms
    Cant see below chest
    So pretty much any portrait picture is a "myspace angle". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cant see arms
    Cant see below chest
    Thats not a 'myspace angle' at all actually.

Do crunches really not work? Wow i've been wasting my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)

Not really no, far too much emphasis is placed on them. They are at best, a niche exercise, at worst useless.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with the majority. Situps/Crunches are a waste of time and effort.

ReputationRep:
    i've always wondered why girls don't just jump up and down

everyone's a winner xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)

They are good! most girls will get where they want with sit ups (crunches are better though) but you still need to add weights to improve the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    They are good! most girls will get where they want with sit ups (crunches are better though) but you still need to add weights to improve the process
    Any exercise you have to do more than 10 reps of at a time is a waste of time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is full of fail - by Vicky

Please stop posting crap that is not tried and tested (care to prove it scientifically? no? then GTFO)

Even my evil nemesis Ilora-Danon gets my vote over what you are spouting. You are the reason many fail, giving this sort of pathetic advice when you’re an ecto anyway and wouldn’t be able to tell if what you are doing is what is working.

ReputationRep:
    Any exercise you have to do more than 10 reps of at a time is a waste of time :rolleyes:
    Be serious :sigh: people DO use endurance training

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.