Turn on thread page Beta

Basic training routine for a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Vicky~)
    My way is tried and tested with great results. :yes:
    Yes, your way will get results over not exercising. That doesn't mean it's anything like a good idea though. You can get the same results far quicker and more easily doing what everyone else in the thread is suggesting.

The idea of taking any sort of fitness advice from someone who claims she doesn't like to be sore the day after exercise and so refuses to push herself is a bit of a joke. Those of us who know what we're doing know that you get out what you put in.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most people on here...situps/crunches =almost complete waste of time...

as far as your gym routine goes....the basic rules ...mix it up...HIIT/cardio(if your fitness levels are really low)on one day and weights on the other....or...HIIT/cardio everyday followed by working the upper body on one day and lower body on the next...(although i prefer having the whole workout on one day..full body workout...otherwise i just feel bleh...like eating a half cooked meal..=D...but that's just me)..

as far as cardio goes try everything...running ..cycling rowing, cross-training,jump-rope...so that you dont get bored...and you work all your muscle groups equally..

as far as abs go...the plank i've found is a great exercise...and don't forget to work your back muscles...basic stretches and strentghening exercises for the back(upper and lower) are a MUST!...i've noticed a lot of people at my gym just ignore that aspect...not good..=/

P.S- i know you said gym workouts..BUT...Power yoga and Bikram yoga...are great workouts..complete body workout.....you should try doing some classes..=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    Be serious :sigh: people DO use endurance training
    Even then, much more than 15 (if your training muscular rather than cardiovascular) becomes a little worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Even then, much more than 15 (if your training muscular rather than cardiovascular) becomes a little worthless.
    Great for people doing boxing for example

Waste of time if your bulking

ReputationRep:
    Great for people doing boxing for example

Waste of time if your bulking
    Ah, true there. Especially since boxing requires you to have the lowest weight possible.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, true there. Especially since boxing requires you to have the lowest weight possible.
    :yes: Improves the control of your bodyweight which leads to speed and endurance

For a girl i'd do a mix of weights and endurance but meh they can do what they want if it works for them and they're happy with it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Improves the control of your bodyweight which leads to speed and endurance

For a girl i'd do a mix of weights and endurance but meh they can do what they want if it works for them and they're happy with it :awesome:
    I guess so, Id just want to see more girls get training like guys do!

ReputationRep:
    Squatting :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Squatting :teeth:
    'Just sit back a liiiiittle more'

ReputationRep:

haha...gosh! do i wish people at my gym thought so!...they only let me do light training...because i "can't take it"(well we'll never know if i don't try will we?)....or because i'm going to "bulk"...which is not going to happen(no one listens to me)..:bawling: ...so now i just go to the gym when there's no one around so that i can do what i want..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennloves...)
    haha...gosh! do i wish people at my gym thought so!...they only let me do light training...because i "can't take it"(well we'll never know if i don't try will we?)....or because i'm going to "bulk"...which is not going to happen(no one listens to me)..:bawling: ...so now i just go to the gym when there's no one around so that i can do what i want..
    Nice one :p:

'Just sit back a liiiiittle more'
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ...Where do you live :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ...Where do you live :rolleyes:
    india.. ..far far away...but i will be moving to glasgow in a while...i just HOPE there's someone there who can teach me more challenging workouts:dumbells: :p:

ReputationRep:
    india.. ..far far away...but i will be moving to glasgow in a while...i just HOPE there's someone there who can teach me more challenging workouts:dumbells: :p:
    Well, squat/deadlift/bench press/ OH Press/ Pendlay Row.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one :p:

:rofl:

Hell, be even better with those lycra half trouser things they wear :tong:

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    :coma:
    Heck, even teaching 'em to deadlift.

'Bend over at the hips, leave your ass up in the air for now...'

ReputationRep:
    Well, squat/deadlift/bench press/ OH Press/ Pendlay Row.
    OH Press and Pendlay Row..haven't done those...advisable to just do it by myself?..

ReputationRep:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

:ninja: of course we wouldn't dare look at a women in the gym :no:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.