Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basic training routine for a girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennloves...)
    OH Press and Pendlay Row..haven't done those...advisable to just do it by myself?..
    Type them into youtube. If you can deadlift then you can pendlay row!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    :ninja: of course we wouldn't dare look at a women in the gym :no:
    No, nevar. They are equal lifters, not eye candy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    Im human! Your saying you wouldnt look if it was a cute guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Im human! Your saying you wouldnt look if it was a cute guy?
    hey!..i'm not judging ..i just found it amusing ..for no particular reason

also well thanks to guys wanting to look like stick insects..i haven't exactly seen that many cute guys... ...deprivation...deprivation...

EDIT- i'm not saying they can't be cute....i'm just saying i feel like i might break them...not exactly a pretty thought...=/

ReputationRep:
    hey!..i'm not judging ..i just found it amusing ..for no particular reason

also well thanks to guys wanting to look like stick insects..i haven't exactly seen that many cute guys... ...deprivation...deprivation...

EDIT- i'm not saying they can't be cute....i'm just saying i feel like i might break them...not exactly a pretty thought...=/
    You'll be hoping for more in glasgow then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    You'll be hoping for more in glasgow then :p:

wait..do you mean it's worse there?....:banghead: :vroam: ...or that i might be happier in glasgow?.. :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    wait..do you mean it's worse there?....:banghead: :vroam: ...or that i might be happier in glasgow?.. :lovehug:
    Well, this is the first thing you get googling 'glasgow resident'

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is the first thing you get googling 'glasgow resident'

hmm....cuddly...:hugs: ....i like cuddling..:p: better than me saying..."hey ! the whole of you is narrower than my thigh" :dry:

ReputationRep:
    hmm....cuddly...:hugs: ....i like cuddling..:p: better than me saying..."hey ! the whole of you is narrower than my thigh" :dry:
    Hahaha. So anyway, what do you actually do at the moment? Lifts+weight?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. So anyway, what do you actually do at the moment? Lifts+weight?

well..weight training ...i do it three times a week...for about an hour to 90 mins..i go to the gym...i used to do a lot of lifts before...but i fell down a flight of stairs( yes ...i'm very graceful :rolleyes: ) and ended up with some bruised bones and torn muscle fibres(lower back)...so right now my focus is on getting that muscles up and ready again...:woo: ..i usually prefer free weights...not that big a fan of the machines..don't know....

and i do cardio...interval training... ..which is usually on the stationary bike... and i dance and i do yoga...basically i like moving...

are you a trainer?..or do you just happen to know a lot about training?..

ReputationRep:
    well..weight training ...i do it three times a week...for about an hour to 90 mins..i go to the gym...i used to do a lot of lifts before...but i fell down a flight of stairs( yes ...i'm very graceful :rolleyes: ) and ended up with some bruised bones and torn muscle fibres(lower back)...so right now my focus is on getting that muscles up and ready again...:woo: ..i usually prefer free weights...not that big a fan of the machines..don't know....

and i do cardio...interval training... ..which is usually on the stationary bike... and i dance and i do yoga...basically i like moving...

Just know quite a bit. Iv been involved in training in one light or manner since about the age of 10 (Unfortunately all that kinda went down the pan at xmas, yay for being ill for 3 or 4 months).

So, how bad is your back? Think you could deadlift on it or not?

Also, girl who likes free weights and wants to train just as hard as guys with them.... This is odd, but nice. Need to get more people like you! Free weights arent scary are they

ReputationRep:
    well..weight training ...i do it three times a week...for about an hour to 90 mins..i go to the gym...i used to do a lot of lifts before...but i fell down a flight of stairs( yes ...i'm very graceful ) and ended up with some bruised bones and torn muscle fibres(lower back)...so right now my focus is on getting that muscles up and ready again... ..i usually prefer free weights...not that big a fan of the machines..don't know....

he is an internet groomer :eek3: :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha. Yep, Im actually a 63 year old austrian guy who goes by the nick 'sexaybaby13'

ReputationRep:
    Just know quite a bit. Iv been involved in training in one light or manner since about the age of 10 (Unfortunately all that kinda went down the pan at xmas, yay for being ill for 3 or 4 months).

So, how bad is your back? Think you could deadlift on it or not?

Also, girl who likes free weights and wants to train just as hard as guys with them.... This is odd, but nice. Need to get more people like you! Free weights arent scary are they
    since 10?..hmm..
    well my back..lets just say walking is sometimes a problem ...and have to be careful while lying down cause otherwise my tail bone feels like it's going... kapoot!..it should be fine in a month or so...getting better...but i can't deadlift yet..

free weights are awesome.. ...i think alot of people would love weights...if they stop getting wrong information...the cardio scam...nobody seems to understand that 2 hours of moderate cardio stops doing anything for them after a very short time..:dontknow: ...and also if women realise that they are not going to bulk up!..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha. Yep, Im actually a 63 year old austrian guy who goes by the nick 'sexaybaby13'
    63 year old austrian....-sigh- always the same story...gone are the days of pure internet "activity"..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    since 10?..hmm..
    well my back..lets just say walking is sometimes a problem ...and have to be careful while lying down cause otherwise my tail bone feels like it's going... kapoot!..it should be fine in a month or so...getting better...but i can't deadlift yet..

free weights are awesome.. ...i think alot of people would love weights...if they stop getting wrong information...the cardio scam...nobody seems to understand that 2 hours of moderate cardio stops doing anything for them after a very short time..:dontknow: ...and also if women realise that they are not going to bulk up!..:rolleyes:
    63 year old austrian....-sigh- always the same story...gone are the days of pure internet "activity"..:rolleyes:

Well, at least Im not ashamed of it. Now get on website :ninja:

I have a friend who managed to fracture her spine (got knows how, only a hairline thankfully but still) and it took her something silly like 9 months until she could even run again. After than another 4 months 'til the doctor would let her deadlift and squat again. Not good.

Your right, people need to just get out there and have a go at free weights. To me, theres nothing quite as truly shattering as a good heavy full body work out. It just seems funny to me how so many women go on about wanting to tone/work their legs+get a better ass and flat tummy (core) then brush off the concept of squats...

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least Im not ashamed of it. Now get on website :ninja:

I have a friend who managed to fracture her spine (got knows how, only a hairline thankfully but still) and it took her something silly like 9 months until she could even run again. After than another 4 months 'til the doctor would let her deadlift and squat again. Not good.

Your right, people need to just get out there and have a go at free weights. To me, theres nothing quite as truly shattering as a good heavy full body work out. It just seems funny to me how so many women go on about wanting to tone/work their legs+get a better ass and flat tummy (core) then brush off the concept of squats...
    spine fracture?..ouch! ..and 9 months??.:eek3: ....mine isn't anywhere as bad as that! thankfully!...it could have been a lot worse considering it was marble flooring...but i guess times like these just teach you that it would never help if you were just skin and bones ...

as far as i see...most people want the quick way out ....most women i know back out of their weight workouts because of that initial sense of "bulking up" before the fat begins to decrease..,,plus many of them don't have enough energy to lift anything thanks to all these fad diets....

ReputationRep:
    spine fracture?..ouch! ..and 9 months??.:eek3: ....mine isn't anywhere as bad as that! thankfully!...it could have been a lot worse considering it was marble flooring...but i guess times like these just teach you that it would never help if you were just skin and bones ...

as far as i see...most people want the quick way out ....most women i know back out of their weight workouts because of that initial sense of "bulking up" before the fat begins to decrease..,,plus many of them don't have enough energy to lift anything thanks to all these fad diets....
    Ah, the wonderful 'so long as Im light Im pretty and thin' nonsense which just leaves them as fat as ever and with no muscle tissue to make it look nice. Bad times

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the wonderful 'so long as Im light Im pretty and thin' nonsense which just leaves them as fat as ever and with no muscle tissue to make it look nice. Bad times

exactly..! skinny fat...:rolleyes: ...they starve themselves...metabloism hates them for it..ofcourse they lose all evidence of muscle ...which makes it easier for them to squish their size 10 bodies into size 6 clothes...so i guess they're happy?..:sigh: ...oh and i've begin to see this becoming a trend with the boys too lately..:lolwut: ..tbh ...it's quite amusing

ReputationRep:
    exactly..! skinny fat...:rolleyes: ...they starve themselves...metabloism hates them for it..ofcourse they lose all evidence of muscle ...which makes it easier for them to squish their size 10 bodies into size 6 clothes...so i guess they're happy?..:sigh: ...oh and i've begin to see this becoming a trend with the boys too lately..:lolwut: ..tbh ...it's quite amusing
    Its not good is it! When will people learn that muscle is attractive and healthy...

That and, to make things worse, clothes are being made to support this new skinny boy thing. Its bloody annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.