Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How easy is it to change a course upon getting an unconditional offer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    See the title. I'm tempted to change the course slightly from Geography and Politics to Geography and Sociology if I get an unconditional offer. Both have identical entry requirements and the latter is in UCAS Extra.

Does it depend on the Uni?

ReputationRep:
    this at the same uni? depends on the uni and the size of the course, your have to ring up and ask therm about it, a few people do it, best to do now then after starting

ReputationRep:
    If I did change it, it'd be on the day of results, or soon after. This is at the same Uni, yes.

ReputationRep:
    curious question- what if you want to change university AND course????

i am positive that il get the required points for my firm offer but i dont wanna go there anymore ugghhh im soo stuck!

ReputationRep:
    Very easy imo. I went from French & linguistics to just linguistics and all it took was an email to the undergrad co ordinator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazza558)
    If I did change it, it'd be on the day of results, or soon after. This is at the same Uni, yes.
    You should do it now rather than on results day when everyone is super busy and they may give all the places out if that particular course goes through clearing. It will be even harder after results day when all the places are taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samera)
    curious question- what if you want to change university AND course????

i am positive that il get the required points for my firm offer but i dont wanna go there anymore ugghhh im soo stuck!
    if you want to change uni, i thing your firm needs to release you, you need to ask them, so you can enter clearing

your better off asking in here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    if you want to change uni, i thing your firm needs to release you, you need to ask them, so you can enter clearing

your better off asking in here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6
    thanks im gonna do that and im going to ask my hopeful uni and course if they have any places.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.