Turn on thread page Beta

Pretty sure I asked for everything from student finance watch

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at the entitlement letter and they havn't give me tuition fee loan or the maintenance loan, only £2906 maintenance grant.

So it looks like I now have to fill out a loan request form, so how long is it going to take to get that money now?

have they done this on purpose? anyone else had this problem?

it says I'm entitled to £3,497 maintenance loan is that the full amount?

ReputationRep:
    They reduce the loan by £1206 (?) for those getting the full grant.

I've got the same problem - requested special support grant, sent off evidence and according to something online, I've not applied for it.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem - I have a 3564 maintenance loan - but nothing has been said about the grant.
    Can anyone explain what has happened.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off asking for it to be assessed with household income. I sent off evidence to show i had children etc and have getten a letter saying it has been assessed not using household income as they have not recieved any evidence from me. I phones up and was told 'a few people who are entitled to things because of having children and stuff slip through the net'. He told me to sign my declaration thing and send it off to make sure i'd get something for the start of term and said if i sent off more evidence, it would be corrected and i'd get what i was really entitled to. So i sent of evidence again but this time i did it with next day delivery and recorded delivery so i know they've recieved it. And they better not lose it cos it has my kids origional birth certs in.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's being assessed as non-income assessed due to the 8 week backlog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    So I should sign it and wait for them to sort themselves out and wait for them to sort out just exactly how much loan/grant I am entitled to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    So I should sign it and wait for them to sort themselves out and wait for them to sort out just exactly how much loan/grant I am entitled to?
    yep :yes: you'll get another one when its been fully assessed, but you need to sign this one so you get the basic maintenance loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    yep :yes: you'll get another one when its been fully assessed, but you need to sign this one so you get the basic maintenance loan
    Okay thankyou.
    Where do people get their information from?

ReputationRep:
    I got income assessed as i they sent back my parent's P60's last week with a letter of thanks. I've been told that i will recieve a tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant. My maintenance loan was reduced due to the grant i recieved. I heard that there's been a pretty heavy backlog though, anyone know what caused it? Or does it happen every year? I've got friends who haven't even filled the application out yet who have the attitude that it doesn't matter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Okay thankyou.
    Where do people get their information from?
    Someone from Student Finance told me about the backlog and explained this is why I haven't been income assessed yet.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ same, i've phoned them like 50 times over this hoo-hah! so now i'm pretty clued in

ReputationRep:
    I actually hate them.

i applied for the full loan and a grant sent in all the evidence, they got back to me saying i can have a bit of a loan and no grant because i hadn't submitted any evidence!
    Furious i rang them, got told hold on a week or two. Emailed them. Got an email back, apparently my husband is supporting my application so i dont need my parents to submit evidence!!
    2 things, 1 my parents don't need to submit evidence because im completely independent and have been for near 4 years and 2, im not gay or married!!

now they sent me a letter saying "no evidence of self support"

i give up, maybe im not destined to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    ^^ same, i've phoned them like 50 times over this hoo-hah! so now i'm pretty clued in
    Someone from Student Finance told me about the backlog and explained this is why I haven't been income assessed yet.
    Okay, so I can now take your word for it and send that form off with the guarantee that SF will sort everything out and give me my correct entitlement yeh? Just making sure. :o:

ReputationRep:
    SFE only calls it an 8 week backlog.In fact, it seems like it takes them seven months to process an application (mine is still not done, after applying on 8th of Feb)

ReputationRep:
    ^same and now it's making me really paranoid i've done something wrong especially as people are talking about being told how much they're getting. signing declerations and their parents sending in forms

ReputationRep:
    I received details back a few weeks ago. I can only get maintenance loan, which I didn't think I applied for, nor do I want. I called them to say I only want the maintenance grant as I'm entitled but I made a mistake. They said that once my application id recited I will automatically receive the grant... Well that was 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them, plus my account has already being reviewed so why would they change it.

ReputationRep:
    My latest update....

I sent evidence in may, they got back to me TODAY saying its not good enough, i asked them 4 times before i sent it if it would be good enough, so 3 months i waited for nothing, now ill have to wait again, they are an absolute DISGRACE

ReputationRep:
    Same here ^^. I sent my evidence in April. In August, I was told they lost the copies and I need to resend it. I did do that via fax and, two days later, was told that the evidence is not good enough and I need to find some other, new evidence, in order to have the assessment completed. I waited for four months just to be told they lost it and then that it's not sufficient. In your words, Sean_M, they are an absolute disgrace

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.