UCAS points

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    hey just wondering if anyone could help.

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakdrummer1234)

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers
    yes, AS levels also contributes to UCAS but only in subjects which you didn't take to full A-level. Subjects like General Studies also count, provided that the offer doesn't explicitly state that it cannot be counted.

ReputationRep:

cheers

yer A-levels

A-120
    B-100
    C-80
    D-60

As levels
    A-60
    B-50
    C-40
    D-30

so 2 gce a level passes' means to include 2 A -levels and any you did not do in A2 (2nd year), only in AS levels, because you droped them after first year. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ah brilliant cheers for that. only got 2 Es for 2 subjects i dropped but still is worth 40 points, better than nothing, might help!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it had to specify if they took AS results too =S

ReputationRep:

cheers
    it means you can't just use 280 ucas points from just AS Levels or a combination of AS Levels and 1 A Level

it means you have to have at least 2 A levels (passsed) in that 280 ucas points

ReputationRep:
    so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?

ReputationRep:
    so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?
    Assuming you put them on your UCAS form (as you should have) then yes.

ReputationRep:
    can you combine 4 A2's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzz)
    can you combine 4 A2's?
    Of course, so long as they meet the criteria set out by the university (in the example above that 2 be A2 passes)

ReputationRep:
    bit confused about the ucas form, might not have done that. can i then just add those 40 points on results day?

ReputationRep:
    no

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2009
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.