Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi im a catch 22 at mo! I have hit my mid twenties and am now more confident than ever but relationship wise its bene none existant and goign by todays standards im not exactly the norm! I feel so out of it and i havent even got friends who know any guys i can be introduced to!

Yes i am still a virgin and i hate it i dont want to meet a guy and not know what im doing

ReputationRep:
    take pride on your dressing and boys will come...

Become a hooker enit.

ReputationRep:
    ive got no sexual experience and jsut feel so freakish bout it that i havent done it yet and how guys would react

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastersally)
    ive got no sexual experience and jsut feel so freakish bout it that i havent done it yet and how guys would react
    Some of us guys are the same (even though I am a bit younger than you).

If their worth being with, they won't mind at all (how much am I going to get flamed for this? lol). Maybe expect people to be a bit surprised however.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is your Catch 22?
    Confidence is good, maybe lack of it prevented you getting with anyone in the past; you know what they say 'You can only love someone once you love yourself.'

I know it sounds cliched but just wait and it'll happen when you least expect it. I once read in a magazine about this one woman who stopped doing things to attract guys (i.e. wearing low cut dresses at clubs, always buying new clothes, whatever) and then she stopped doing that for one month and found she got a lot more male attention and a guy she liked. I'm not saying it'll work but it helped that she wasn't looking and then happened to find someone. (Beforehand she'd either been single for 10 years or rubbish guys or something).

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe its just girls have had partners by my age and it just makes me feel low about it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly enough most wouldn't mind. Just go to a club and be slutty. Get on plentyoffish.com or something.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you're not the only 'mid twenties' virgin out there. Another 2 years and I'll be there myself. Although I do have to say I hope to God I'm not a virgin by the time I'm 25. 23 is old enough for me, I dunno how long I can wait tbh!

But in all seriousness, it's not a big deal and guys will either think it's great or not care at all. Don't worry about your inexperience. When the time comes and you find a guy who wants to be with you and you want to be with, he will no doubt be more than willing to show you how it's done.

ReputationRep:
    hi im a catch 22 at mo! I have hit my mid twenties and am now more confident than ever but relationship wise its bene none existant and goign by todays standards im not exactly the norm! I feel so out of it and i havent even got friends who know any guys i can be introduced to!

Yes i am still a virgin and i hate it i dont want to meet a guy and not know what im doing
    Mid 20's! Yowza McNowza! That's a long time. You must surely be wondering at this point whether or not it'll EVER happen? If you can't pull someone in your prime, when can you!?

ReputationRep:
    Chillax about is, I'm sure they won't mind. I'm still a virgin but then again I'm 17. My best mates have done it but I'm too well-respected to get ragged. You'll be fine. Man the other people on this thread are nice. You should all meet up and party.

I sound drunk but I swear I'm not.

How do you make a sig btw lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Mid 20's! Yowza McNowza! That's a long time. You must surely be wondering at this point whether or not it'll EVER happen? If you can't pull someone in your prime, when can you!?
    Some people actually make the choice not to "pull". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Some people actually make the choice not to "pull". :rolleyes:
    I'm just trying to comfort her. Show some compassion please.

ReputationRep:
    Hello? Pics??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    I'm just trying to comfort her. Show some compassion please.
    Oh, my mistake. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm in your first post. I do hope you were being sarcastic, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Oh, my mistake. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm in your first post. I do hope you were being sarcastic, anyway.
    You make me laugh, baby girl. I'm on true form this evening, and that's one of the many reasons (along with my unbelievable body) why you, the OP and all the other girls in this world covet me so much.

ReputationRep:

Try not to worry about it because when the time is right, it will happen. That's what happened to me - even though i'm younger than you, i never thought i'd get with a guy, but then i became more confident (like you have) and met guys, and then one day i met a guy who things just seemed to flow with. And the whole 'no experience' didn't make things difficult or anything because things just happened instinctively. Deep down inside, everyone knows what to do, especially our bodies so just be patient (as difficult as that is).

Good luck, i hope you find someone.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds strangely familiar...

ReputationRep:
    Catch 22, I bloody love that book!

ReputationRep:
    This is Catch-22, how? :eyebrow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.