Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastersally)
    ive got no sexual experience and jsut feel so freakish bout it that i havent done it yet and how guys would react
    I'm sure plenty of guys would be happy about that If you want to meet guys then just go for it, guys love attention from girls, if they're not loving it then pull out fast, cut your losses and don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    This is Catch-22, how? :eyebrow:
    because she probably didn't respond to a guy who liked her, because she was worried about being a virgin, and then he went off with someone else, leaving her still a virgin, so now she can't get another guy because she's worried about being a virgin.

Simples!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingmc123)
    because she probably didn't respond to a guy who liked her, because she was worried about being a virgin, and then he went off with someone else, leaving her still a virgin, so now she can't get another guy because she's worried about being a virgin.

Simples!!
    You got that from what she said? :mute:

I'm in the same situation really.

Sometimes I think I should have just gone for random girls when I was younger and mess up then when it doesn't matter.
    Now I meet people I like and am terrified of trying anything because I will mess up with them.

It's even worse if you're from a small town where everyone knows how you are.

ReputationRep:
    hi im a catch 22 at mo! I have hit my mid twenties and am now more confident than ever but relationship wise its bene none existant and goign by todays standards im not exactly the norm! I feel so out of it and i havent even got friends who know any guys i can be introduced to!

Yes i am still a virgin and i hate it i dont want to meet a guy and not know what im doing
    What you don't know is that you have indirectly attracted dozens of guys indirectly by creating this thread. (wait for all PM's hitting your TSR inbox over the next hour). In this day and age it is incredibly easy to meet guys, meeting the right sort of guys is probably going to be an issue. The common answer would be clubs and bars Id say try other avenues, such as getting a job a meeting guys from there...

(Original post by skids)
    I'm in the same situation really.

Sometimes I think I should have just gone for random girls when I was younger and mess up then when it doesn't matter.
    Now I meet people I like and am terrified of trying anything because I will mess up with them.

It's even worse if you're from a small town where everyone knows how you are.
    This. and i mean everyone knows who i am

ReputationRep:
    26 and a virgin? Man thats soo hot....

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am still a virgin and i hate it i dont want to meet a guy and not know what im doing

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm 26, and it completely wouldn't bother me if a girl I went out with was inexperienced.

Any decent guy isn't going to care. After all it's not as if you won't be able to learn what to do when it comes down to it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glo316)
    Deep down inside
    Probably the best advice on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This. and i mean everyone knows who i am
    Are you like.. the mayor something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    What exactly is your Catch 22?
    Confidence is good, maybe lack of it prevented you getting with anyone in the past; you know what they say 'You can only love someone once you love yourself.'

I know it sounds cliched but just wait and it'll happen when you least expect it. I once read in a magazine about this one woman who stopped doing things to attract guys (i.e. wearing low cut dresses at clubs, always buying new clothes, whatever) and then she stopped doing that for one month and found she got a lot more male attention and a guy she liked. I'm not saying it'll work but it helped that she wasn't looking and then happened to find someone. (Beforehand she'd either been single for 10 years or rubbish guys or something).
    She probably looked like a slapper teebeth, and when she toned it down her natural beauty was evident.

ReputationRep:
    The right person really won't care!

ReputationRep:
    im pretty embarrassed about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    You got that from what she said? :mute:

I'm psychic.

ReputationRep:
    joanne...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frognoise)
    joanne...
    Aw, dammit!!! You gave it away!!! I was hoping to appear all omnipotent!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    hi im a catch 22 at mo! I have hit my mid twenties and am now more confident than ever but relationship wise its bene none existant and goign by todays standards im not exactly the norm! I feel so out of it and i havent even got friends who know any guys i can be introduced to!

24 here, gimme a PM and I'll help out.

Its not as uncommon as you think OP, lots of people are reaching their mid twenties, more confident then ever but due to their lack of confidence as teens they are less experienced to handle things.

I didn't lose my virginity until 18-19...somewhere around there.

As has been said, dress up a bit, be a bit more outgoing, hell go on a night out one weekend, as a girl you'll have a much easier time of it than us blokes.

If it helps just remember that every animal is born with the instinct to procreate and humans are no different. You might be a bit "clumsy" to begin with but it soon passes and you'll be fine. :yes:

Even Casanova had to start somewhere.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.