Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've already got a 32inch lcd but i'm not sure if im going to take it because it might be too big. What size tv's is the usual for a Uni bedroom?

And thinking of taking my PS3 aswell but i'm thinking will i be the only person with one :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will7291)
    I've already got a 32inch lcd but i'm not sure if im going to take it because it might be too big. What size tv's is the usual for a Uni bedroom?

And thinking of taking my PS3 aswell but i'm thinking will i be the only person with one :woo:

good question, i really wanted to know this, i have a 26" lcd tv hope thats fine, and i think i might take my PS3 also. i was waiting till A level results to come out, and see if i get in then i am going to start a thread on what to take to uni. poll also, just incase i forget any essential, but esily forgotten things.

ReputationRep:
    15-17" would be ok, 32 is well :coma:, you won't need that size till you move into a house, 26" would be pretty good, down side to big TV's, is the size of your room, worried about it being nicked, or broken, you can also get a cable and link your tv up to your laptop, i took my ps3 to halls, in the 2nd term, 2 of the others had 360's, i also have a 17" HD tv, but cos now in a house, we have a 32" in the living room and the ps3 and 360 are on that

its a good way to spend hours playing and getting to know people, and to spend them sundays

ReputationRep:
    If it's for watching tv on I wouldn't bother, my hall room didn't have a tv plug, and you're not going to be sitting in your room on your own watching tv anyway in my experience. You'd also need a license.

For playing games it seems a little big, hall rooms are generally pretty small. I just used a 16inch one for xbox it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    took my 32" to uni and ps3 too
    Depends how much you will use it though, because all third term, it was pointless me bringing it as i was studying my butt off :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    If it's for watching tv on I wouldn't bother, my hall room didn't have a tv plug, and you're not going to be sitting in your room on your own watching tv anyway in my experience. You'd also need a license.

For playing games it seems a little big, hall rooms are generally pretty small. I just used a 16inch one for xbox it was fine.
    Ive had my TV in my room for like 3 years and not once watched tv. I hook my computer up to it and use it as a monitor, and for my dvd player and xbox 360.

My current 1 is 32" but ill be buying a 26" after results (if I can afford it lol) for my uni room, and Ill also take my xbox 360.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh I have a 32" 1080p telly too, but size is an issue but also theft lol? If my telly and PS3 got nicked I would be like 800 outta pocket :/. I probably won't in the end. I'l miss not watching telly though, since no way I'm buying a license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will7291)
    well, the one thing i am taking for certain is my ps3 (: and then maybe my wii. i can imagine it being good for getting people talking?

my tv is only 16" as my large one broke a few weeks back, but i don't really watch tv or films so it'll suffice.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ This is why buying a second-hand TV is best!

Wasting 800 quid on something that will barely fit in your room or that someone might steal? In my honest opinion, ridiculous!

Me, I ill be taking a 1980-ish 17-inch Ferguson TV.

The only snag with the older TVs of course, is that they look like the box they come in!

ReputationRep:
    im taking a 22" and a 19", i use dual monitors for my pc, makes everything easier. much more room

ReputationRep:
    22" would be adequate, but it depends really on what you get in your room. If you have a small desk then 32" is WAAY to big. Try and find pictures of the hall rooms you might move into then decide.

Also, taking a console is a good idea, you have no idea now fast PES or Fifa sessions will endear you to your flatmates.

Oh and don't forget the room insurance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my 32" HDTV and Xbox to uni. My mate did the same last year and everyone just hung round in his room, it makes you the pimp of the flat :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I'm taking my 32" HDTV and Xbox to uni. My mate did the same last year and everyone just hung round in his room, it makes you the pimp of the flat :p:
    hmm, i might just take my 32" instead of wasting money on a new smaller one. Dont live far from home anyway, bring in my car i suppose :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 32" I bought it specifically for Uni. Sony LED TV

ReputationRep:
    bought a cheap 26" for uni and i shall be bringing my xbox 360

ReputationRep:
    I'm bringing a 24" tv and my xbox

ReputationRep:
    i got my 32 inch my room but I'm not too sure bringing it would be a good idea. I don't wat to get robbed or spill Jack Daniels and Coke on it when i'm far from sober.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 32-inch flatscreen TV in my room too. Also got a blu-ray player but no games consoles.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking a 19inch tv as at home I like to watch DVDs and a bit of tv when I have a spare hour or so. Wouldnt take one any bigger than that though. Do people think that is a good size I will have my laptop as well but thats all on the desk.

ReputationRep:
    you want a big ass tv the can be dropped and still work, trust me the last thing you want is some ******* breaking your nice flat screen during freshers. Take you PS3 aswell, xbox is better though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.