Turn on thread page Beta

university grant from local council ? :] watch

ReputationRep:
    iv been told you can get a maintenance grant from your local council is this true? and if so how do i go about getting this grant? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Sort of. It comes from the Student Loans Company, and previously LEAs were involved in the administration of it. It is all done generally now - if you've applied for Student Finance, then they will give you one if you're entitled to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    Sort of. It comes from the Student Loans Company, and previously LEAs were involved in the administration of it. It is all done generally now - if you've applied for Student Finance, then they will give you one if you're entitled to it.

:/ hmmm. i was told that i should get a maintenance grant from student finance aswell as a special grant from local council im a bit confused is it just the same thing? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Is it this to which you refer if you have a disability?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...on/DG_10034898

ReputationRep:
    If you're starting Uni for the first time in 2009/10, your application will be looked after by Student Finance England rather than your local council.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.