Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was browsing through eBay and seen a steering wheel, and it looks class. I have an 1.6 Astra Sport, and the steering wheel is the clumpy black thing with the radio controls. I'm not a boy racer, but I'm thinking this new steering wheel will just make the inside of my car look a little nicer, perhaps along with some other nice little nick-nacks (mats/ pedals, etc)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RALLY-BLUE-STE...d=p3286.c0.m14

I'm not too good with cars though (ask me anything about harriers!), and not sure what the "bosskit" thing mentioned is, and wondering if anyone can shed any light on a) these steering wheels (any good, yay or nay?) and b) boss kits, what they are, do, cost and difficulty in fitting?

Cheers!

:top:

ReputationRep:
    I have those headphones

ReputationRep:
    It's a steering wheel when I click it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    ask me anything about harriers!

*bites*

What's the hot/cold ratio on the engine?

*braces*
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    When you take the old wheel off, you fit a boss kit which allows you to attach the new wheel. It's just an adaptor really. Check which one will fit your car here. You car will be 'Opel' on there, not 'Vauxhall'.

Remember, if your car has an airbag as standard, then fitting a new wheel and boss kit means you will no longer have an airbag! Worth considering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    It's a steering wheel when I click it??

i think Mr Snips means your avatar?

and as for your post dont do it yourself coz its dangerous...unless you know what youre doing...

it could be expensive, but not sure lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    i think Mr Snips means your avatar?

and as for your post dont do it yourself coz its dangerous...unless you know what youre doing...

it could be expensive, but not sure lol
    Ah, didn't think about my avatar. Forgot it was there, and misread his post!

(Original post by Mr Snips)
    I have those headphones
    Nice. I've got my trusty Seinheisser SP's (HD-25); they're old -had them for a good 5/6 years now- but I'll never buy another pair.

(Original post by Schleigg)
    *bites*

What's the hot/cold/ ratio on the engine?

*braces*
    :wavey:
    Haha, that was aimed more towards I know a little about a little about aircraft but nothing about cars! However, the ratio is dependant on which stage of compression (hence, which stage of the engine) the air is at. Though (I am lead to believe, atleast according to the APs) that vectored thrust equates to 50% hot, 50% cold (which would make sense ).

EDIT: *the relative ratio, with respect to initial air intake*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    When you take the old wheel off, you fit a boss kit which allows you to attach the new wheel. It's just an adaptor really. Check which one will fit your car here. You car will be 'Opel' on there, not 'Vauxhall'.

Remember, if your car has an airbag as standard, then fitting a new wheel and boss kit means you will no longer have an airbag! Worth considering.
    Nice one, thanks dude.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.