Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    right, so this is a bit of a gamble, but i am (hopefully) coming to st andrews in september to study psychology (grades pending).
    I am a big gallows fan and have just found out that as part of their winter tour they are coming to Dundee, 'fat sams' on the Mon 30th of November- a short journey from the university- for a gig.
    So basically i don't want to miss them playing as they are amazing live and their new album is insane. So i was just wondering if anyone coming to (or hoping to come to) st andrews in september, or is already there even, would like to come with me, as i dont really fancy going on my own!
    check them out at www.myspace.com/gallows and get back to me!
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    ew

ReputationRep:
    Just go on your own.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a listen just now... not sure if it's my cup of tea or not yet.

I've never been to Fat Sam's, so wouldn't be much help in finding it, but I'm sure there will be other people from St Andrews going, or you can find someone who will tell you how to find you way there and back otherwise

ReputationRep:
    Buy two tickets and hope that you can find someone to go with you once you get there.

ReputationRep:
    Don't reaaaally understand why people feel the need to express their feelings/opinions about the band, as eloquently as they express these feelings (thank you, deadmau5). I don't rememeber the part where i asked for an opinion, but i'm sure that detailled and wholly justified answer made him feel really clever and big in a way that only the internet can do.
    Anyway, thanks for the more useful suggestions, to be honest i probably will just buy 2 tickets and find someone if/when i get there!
    And in response to 'pamelaa', i did actually say i didn't want to go on my own for a reason- because i dont want to go on my own, but thank you for your input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beff_267)
    Don't reaaaally understand why people feel the need to express their feelings/opinions about the band, as eloquently as they express these feelings (thank you, deadmau5). I don't rememeber the part where i asked for an opinion, but i'm sure that detailled and wholly justified answer made him feel really clever and big in a way that only the internet can do.
    Anyway, thanks for the more useful suggestions, to be honest i probably will just buy 2 tickets and find someone if/when i get there!
    And in response to 'pamelaa', i did actually say i didn't want to go on my own for a reason- because i dont want to go on my own, but thank you for your input.
    That part where you asked for an opinion is the part where you started this thread. I conveyed to you that I will not attend with you in the most efficient way possible - if I had simply not replied, are we ever to meet you would have no reason to believe such a concept is offensive to me.

Anyway, enjoy the damage to your eardrums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    yeah i love the gallows. well go with me, i dont go uni, i did 20 years ago, but dropped out. got a job at wilkonsons now, its not great but the people there make it a lot better. i live with my mum and dad and my dog jess. i'm 42 and love life to the max, had a little trouble with the law once, but i wont go into that too much, the case is still pending. just pm if you want to know me or you want to go with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fancy mekkin' this a threesome love? Me and Terry go way back, and ah love t'Gallows me. Am currently layin' low, err, presidin' in Dundee me'sel. T'little ***** lied, ah guarantee it. Anyway, if yer up for it y'can come round to mine for a bit of voddy next t'electric fire. Y'might even find y'don't want t'go t'Gallows once y'lay yerself down on my shaggy rug, know what ah mean?

ReputationRep:
    You've got ages to actually make a friend to go with when you get there. Just buy the ticket, you'll find someone else. Freshers week is a hotbed of desperate people who all want to be loved. You'll find someone to go with.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but no thanks.

Email the music related socks, and see if the appropriate one is sending people.

ReputationRep:
    well have you made your descion? if you havent read mine, just scroll up, i really want to goooo, especially with a girl nevermind with another human person. mr foxo wants in aswell.

ReputationRep:
    right, so this is a bit of a gamble, but i am (hopefully) coming to st andrews in september to study psychology (grades pending).
    I am a big gallows fan and have just found out that as part of their winter tour they are coming to Dundee, 'fat sams' on the Mon 30th of November- a short journey from the university- for a gig.
    So basically i don't want to miss them playing as they are amazing live and their new album is insane. So i was just wondering if anyone coming to (or hoping to come to) st andrews in september, or is already there even, would like to come with me, as i dont really fancy going on my own!
    check them out at www.myspace.com/gallows and get back to me!
    cheers
    are the gallows the ones that did them songs parasol parade and ive had enough?

or something like that

and no i wont go sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    are the gallows the ones that did them songs parasol parade and ive had enough?

or something like that

and no i wont go sorry
    no

ReputationRep:
    In the belly of a shark is a ludicrously fun song to drum.

Not too much of a fan of the rest of their stuff though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iain.)
    In the belly of a shark is a ludicrously fun song to drum.

Not too much of a fan of the rest of their stuff though.
    aah but their new album is ridiiiculous! everyone needs to experience it!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry not my cup of tea, much more of a dance music / pop person myself, and Deadmau5, fantastic username :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNorth)
    Sorry not my cup of tea, much more of a dance music / pop person myself, and Deadmau5, fantastic username :P
    +1 :yep: , though Eric Prydz/Pryda tops Deadmaus at the minute

ReputationRep:
    i've already got calvin harris, franz ferdinand and biffy clyro tickets for dundee in october and november

ReputationRep:
    bro, find me on facebook.

I might be down... too bad they aren't going to be there with AFI...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.