Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied online for student finance last week, non income assessed.

I just logged in to check on the progress, and it isn't registering that I ever applied! There's no acknowledgement that I've even ever started an application, it just gives 2 options-to make a new application, or for someone to put in a supporting application...

Has this happened to anyone before?? I don't know what could have happened?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me-they gave me some excuse about since I took a gap year and had applied before online I couldn't do it again.

They're just incapable. Totally.

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me. I applied back in February and got the confirmation letter saying thanks for applying or whatever, and it was showing up on the website just fine. A couple of months later I checked and it had disappeared. I emailed and they replied a couple of weeks later saying no no it's still there, which it clearly wasn't. The button to email them had then disappeared so I phoned. I told them my application had disappeared. They said "Yes, I know"! And told me I had to fill out a paper application because I couldn't do it online again. In the end I only got it in just before the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoopytherat)
    Happened to me-they gave me some excuse about since I took a gap year and had applied before online I couldn't do it again.

They're just incapable. Totally.
    If you didn't inform them in writing that you had taken a gap year, then the only incapable one is yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    If you didn't inform them in writing that you had taken a gap year, then the only incapable one is yourself.
    Site Rules
    1. No personal attacks or inflammatory behaviour

Are moderators exempt from following the rules?

ReputationRep:
    Not exempt, stating a point. Students are meant to inform the SLC if they do not attend the university once they have been approved. If they do not, it creates problems like this, because the application ends up with the wrong place.

ReputationRep:
    hypocrite
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Can we stay on topic please.

This is not the correct place to raise concerns with a moderation issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmgbowden)
    I applied online for student finance last week, non income assessed.

I just logged in to check on the progress, and it isn't registering that I ever applied! There's no acknowledgement that I've even ever started an application, it just gives 2 options-to make a new application, or for someone to put in a supporting application...

Has this happened to anyone before?? I don't know what could have happened?! :confused:
    Maybe its a problem on their side. They might correct it in a day or so, thats what happend to me. But instead of your problem, my information was un-editable. So dont know if that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.