Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

According to my measurements what body shape am I? Watch

I've always considered myself to have a apple body shape. However, I went shopping yesterday and had to have my measurements done for some clothes I ordered.
    So,the lady who measured me was saying how I have a very boyish figure! I laughed it off and then a few other ladies came over and said the same thing. They were so annoying
    I hate being an apple shape but boyish is even worse! So, I was wondering if there's a site where I can find out what body shape I am? I'm really curious as to what shape I am now.

ReputationRep:
    What are your measurements?

I guess I should have written them down

Waist: 23.5 inches
    Navel: 28.5 inches
    Thigh: 18 inches
    Upper arm: 8.5 inches
    Bust: 29 inches
    Hips/butt: 32.5 inches
    Calf: 11.5 inches
    Lower arm: 7.5 inches

ReputationRep:
    you are a really small person

ReputationRep:
    Okay, just look at bust, waist and hips.

29-23-32. If you google measurements similar to yours you get an idea of what other people's body shapes are with the same measurements.

This woman is apparently 30-23-32:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Unless you're carrying a lot of fat on your stomach I wouldn't think you'd be apple shaped from your measurements.

ReputationRep:
    Are you quite short?

Your waist to hip ratio is about 0.72 which is quite feminine, but your actual measurement are tiny.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Okay, just look at bust, waist and hips.

29-23-32. If you google measurements similar to yours you get an idea of what other people's body shapes are with the same measurements.

This woman is apparently 30-23-32:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Unless you're carrying a lot of fat on your stomach I wouldn't think you'd be apple shaped from your measurements.
    So what is my body shape? I've always considered myself to have a apple body shape. Is there any site that will tell me what shape I am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So what is my body shape? I've always considered myself to have a apple body shape. Is there any site that will tell me what shape I am?
    I thought apples tended to have biggish boobs and tummies?
    Your waist and chest measurements are both tiny.
    Boyish isn't so bad, google celebrities with boyish figures to see.

(Original post by Abhead)
    Are you quite short?

Your waist to hip ratio is about 0.72 which is quite feminine, but your actual measurement are tiny.
    Oh yes, I am very short - 5Ft 2In. I'm sorry but could you explain what the waist to hip ratio means - or where I can find out more info on it?
    I mean, I can see I have curves. They're quite big in fact but according to others I have a 12 year old boys figure

ReputationRep:
    This but it's not very good :p:

There's no exact thing to say what you are, but I'd say cello shaped? You go in at the waist, your hips are slightly larger than your bust.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I am very short - 5Ft 2In. I'm sorry but could you explain what the waist to hip ratio means - or where I can find out more info on it?
    I mean, I can see I have curves. They're quite big in fact but according to others I have a 12 year old boys figure
    Were they big matronly looking women?
    If so I wouldn't take their opinions too seriously.
    By the sound of it you are just slim with small breasts thats all.
    It is a models figure
    Waist to hip ratio is your waist measurement divided by your waist, and supposedly close to 0.7 is ideal. The lower the number, the more "curvy" your waist/hip area is.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    This but it's not very good :p:

There's no exact thing to say what you are, but I'd say cello shaped? You go in at the waist, your hips are slightly larger than your bust.

:yep:
    God that's even worse then boyish :rolleyes:
    But I guess you're right - I do have bigger hips then i ought to :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite nice really. A LOT better than apple, that's for sure But whatever. And I'm not saying your hips are too big or whatever

ReputationRep:
    You're definately not apple or boyish... you're a pear, or if you want to be specific probably a vase.

ReputationRep:
    you sound hot.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.