Turn on thread page Beta

Do i have a swinging brick? watch

Lately a lot of my friends have been pairing off and getting together with new people etc etc. So to avoid being the third wheel I've pretty much stopped going out and started doing a lot more thinking about why I've never "paired off" as my friends put it.

I'm 16, never kissed a boy and never had a boy friend,tbh its never particularly bothered me until now really. I know it sounds pretty... stupid really, well actually it doesn't to me, maybe pathetic? I dont know :confused: . But its seriously dammaging my self confidence because i feel like im too ugly or brash or just generally unattractive for anybody to like me that way which slightly depresses me. My friends dont particularly help because they just see me as i used to be but i've changed as a person now; its like they expect me to be cold sp when im around them i am.But then I've never actually felt that way towards any of the boys i know so maybe i just have a swinging brick??

SOOO, what i'm really trying to get at, am i wierd like my friends seem to think i am? Or what should i do? Im so confused. Anyway if you've worked all that waffle out can you help please? thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, I was just like you when I was 16.
    Perhaps you're not the sort of person who tries to hook up with someone just for the sake of it? :dontknow:

Seriously, don't worry about it.
    And check out this thread:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=16965298

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lately a lot of my friends have been pairing off and getting together with new people etc etc. So to avoid being the third wheel I've pretty much stopped going out and started doing a lot more thinking about why I've never "paired off" as my friends put it.

I'm 16, never kissed a boy and never had a boy friend,tbh its never particularly bothered me until now really. I know it sounds pretty... stupid really, well actually it doesn't to me, maybe pathetic? I dont know :confused: . But its seriously dammaging my self confidence because i feel like im too ugly or brash or just generally unattractive for anybody to like me that way which slightly depresses me. My friends dont particularly help because they just see me as i used to be but i've changed as a person now; its like they expect me to be cold sp when im around them i am.But then I've never actually felt that way towards any of the boys i know so maybe i just have a swinging brick??

SOOO, what i'm really trying to get at, am i wierd like my friends seem to think i am? Or what should i do? Im so confused. Anyway if you've worked all that waffle out can you help please? thanks
    You're sensible, thats what you are!

You're much mroe free being single, you can do what YOU want to do, go where YOU want to do and do things in YOUR pace.

I'm in the same situation, I've never been in a relationship aparet from those affairs u have when ur like 5 lol. A short while ago I used to feel really lame for not having paired up with other people in my 6th form but I thought about it a lot and thought, "you know what, I like myself much better being independant, because its the type of person I am!". Not that I'm asexual, I used to this so-and-so was cute and pretty and that. But I'd never go actively seeking for somebody just because I needed to be in a relationship. I know I'll bump into someone soon. Just think, all the quarrels teenagers can have with their partners over silly little things, it can create a lot of bad memories to live with. But just think you can use this time to be with yourself, learn more about yourself and what exactly you want.

Good Luck for the future OP!

ReputationRep:
    i'd suggest maybe if you went out with them more if you actually do want to go out with someone cos then you'd have more chance of meeting someone. Plus it could be a self esteem boost. =]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.