Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think of this hairstyle? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/20...oking_0423.jpg

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medi...1/18711625.jpg

i quite like this style, and i'm looking for a change i've had the same hairstyle for years, just wondered what other people thought of this 'do

if i went the hairdressers i would basically be getting a chin/shoulder length bob and side fringe right?

opinions please, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer it in brown, personally.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha yeah, sorry should have said, just the cut really, i'm a red head and am not looking to change that so ignore the platinum blonde....

ReputationRep:
    I like that style.

Red head :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Could be tricky to pull off, given that it is clearly meant to be in keeping with the 1940/50s look.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its alright, seems a bit 50's

ReputationRep:
    i really like it but i think it would be quite high maintenance. also i think it looks great in a 1950s context (like in a film) but in today's world it might look old fashioned

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, I don't know if it would look good without the blonde... Also if your hair is very straight, it would look completely different. You would have to spend ages curling it every day!

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd look awesome on a redhead, I really like the quiffed part...and the fact that is Scarlett Johannson

ReputationRep:
    I think it only looks good on Scarlett.
    If you're not a stunning celebrity, it'll look quite silly...

ReputationRep:
    If you're pretty then yeah, it's quite nice. If you're average, a bit plain (or worse than that) it could make you look a hell of a lot worse looking than you are.

ReputationRep:
    scarlett johansson is awesome! and her lips are dead sexy (:

ReputationRep:
    If you ask for a bob and side fringe, they will give you something that looks a lot different than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    If you're pretty then yeah, it's quite nice. If you're average, a bit plain (or worse than that) it could make you look a hell of a lot worse looking than you are.
    yeah, cos any girl is really going to admit to being "average, a bit plain (or worse than that)"

maybe it's just my ego, but i find the thought of that hilarious...

and yeah, i could pull it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliss_pop)
    yeah, cos any girl is really going to admit to being "average, a bit plain (or worse than that)"

maybe it's just my ego, but i find the thought of that hilarious...

and yeah, i could pull it off
    I'm sure a hell of a lot of people do, deep down.

Get it done, if you look like **** at least you can restyle it and it's still a pretty good length.

ReputationRep:
    I love both male and female 50s hairstyles.

The problem is...by todays standards they're quite showy and almost formal, because a lot of effort has obviously been put in. So you would look a bit unconventional, so that's up to you whether you mind or not.

ReputationRep:
    You need the looks to match it. You're stuffed if you're a typical British minger.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no way to judge without seeing your face.

ReputationRep:
    get it done. take a picture. I'll tell ye if id bone ye with it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.