Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I do intend to buckle down and pass all my exams and whatnot.
    Problem is, I love going out. A lot. Often I find I find it difficult to resist. I'm off to study Medicine at Manchester from September and I'm staying in Fallowfield, 'party central' apparently. Good stuff.
    How much could I realistically go out without it having an irreparable effect on my studies for Medicine? I understand it's quite a tough course but although it comes first in my list of priorities, I want my first year (at least) to be a blast.
    Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say exactly that you can go out x number of times every week and you will be fine as different people require different amount of time to reach a minimal standard that will let you pass the exams. Some people can get away with doing minimal work (you can get away with murder at Manchester with the way exams are structured) and others seem to be always studying and than fail.

ReputationRep:
    as much as you think you can handle, whilst giving sufficient time for your studies

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to study medicine but spent first months of college goin to parties and messin about basically i didnt do my work, at gcse i worked my ass off and got A*'s and A's and in my first chem exam got a b - one mark off a c - it basically ruined my chances and the people i hung out with then i dont even talk to now - its not worth it - jus suck it up do your work and look forward to summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonesnm07)
    I wanted to study medicine but spent first months of college goin to parties and messin about basically i didnt do my work, at gcse i worked my ass off and got A*'s and A's and in my first chem exam got a b - one mark off a c - it basically ruined my chances and the people i hung out with then i dont even talk to now - its not worth it - jus suck it up do your work and look forward to summer.
    Everyone's different though... I think I could manage quite a lot of nights out and still do enough. Silly question really, I can answer it myself. i just want reassurance that It's not ALL work work work can't go out more than once a fortnight kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    well on my course i got away with it all the time ..there were modules i never even looked at and then knuckled down at testie time and passed!

JUST DRINK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.