The Student Room Group

Disturbing information about the swine flu vaccine

It's only a couple of months until the vaccine is ready apparently. The UK has ordered 2 doses to be manufactured per person. Seems fairly strange to me, considering it's only slightly worse than normal flu... Certainly it doesn't seem to be the killer/monster virus it was made out to be.

I've been reading quite a lot recently about what is actually in the vaccine, and how it is produced. I've spent a good few days over the last month researching what exactly I would be permitting to be be injected into my blood stream. What I've found out is quite scary to be honest.

I believe everyone should be aware of the following information, so they can make a more informed choice over whether or not to be vaccinated.

I've found out that a chemical called Squalene is being used as an adjuvant in the swine flu vaccines. This acts as a 'booster' making less antigen (a weaker/muter version of the swine flu virus) is needed per vaccine dose. An adjuvant causes the body's immune system to react more to a smaller amount of antigen. This is obviously beneficial because it makes production of vaccines quicker and cheaper.

Squalene is naturally occurring in the body. So what's the problem then I hear you ask? Well Squalene injected directly into the blood stream, stimulates an immune response AGAINST Squalene. It actually causes your body to view ALL Squalene as a foreign invader. Your immune system builds a resistance to Squalene which is a vital lipid which plays an important role in the body.

Squalene was also in a number of anthrax vaccinations and has been linked to gulf war syndrome. The symptoms of which include... chronic fatigue, loss of muscle control, headaches, dizziness and loss of balance, memory problems, muscle and joint pain, indigestion, skin problems, shortness of breath, and even insulin resistance. Brain cancer deaths, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) and fibromyalgia.

That's a summary of what I've found out. While the risk may not be high, there is a clear risk which is evident from what I've read. I will not be accepting a swine flu vaccine personally.

For anyone who is interested this is worth a read:

http://www.twine.com/item/12g0znkjm-28s/the-terrifying-world-of-vaccine-adjuvants

Scroll to see replies

OP, can I just ask, would it be *compulsory* though once it is available?

Btw, hmm... some good research there. QI.
Reply 2
tl;dr

although, am grateful for you informing us :smile:
Reply 3
I don't trust vaccines anyway :biggrin: I'll let nature take it's toll for me =]
Reply 4
interesting
Reply 5
tl;dr :awesome:
I probably won't get it, seeing as I'm not in a high-risk group.
im so academic
OP, can I just ask, would it be *compulsory* though once it is available?

Btw, hmm... some good research there. QI.

Currently there is no plan for the vaccine to be mandatory. I think it would be highly unpopular if they tried to implement this. That's not to say it couldn't happen though... It is not outside the realm of possibility that the government could force one to be vaccinated in order to remain in school, or university, or keep your job.

I hope it doesn't come to that obviously. People need to be free to choose.

If anyone has any other questions I'll do my best to answer them :smile:

To people who said tl;dr: If you read what I posted rather than what I quoted, you will get the idea... The quoted text goes into much more detail and is far more informative obviously, but I realise it is rather long...
:lolwut:
don't most vaccinations have squalene in anyway? Plus the autism link between MMR has been disproved and i believe the guy that produced said research in the lancet a few years ago has actually been struck off or disciplined!
Reply 9
Nice find :biggrin:

Probably won't ge the vaccine anyways since swine flu isnt really as bad as its being made out to be.
Reply 10
to much to read for me, at this moment in time. :L

but, any other vaccines i ever got, i never knew wtf was in them an I'm still fine.

though i'd take the swine vack if it prevented me from dieing. self preservation an all that
Reply 11
ummm what i find quite striking is the fact that everyone (media and stuff) talks about vaccine even though its not even on the market, god knows how long it will take them to "create" the right vaccine...
Tangerine Dream
Currently there is no plan for the vaccine to be mandatory. I think it would be highly unpopular if they tried to implement this. That's not to say it couldn't happen though... It is not outside the realm of possibility that the government could force one to be vaccinated in order to remain in school, or university, or keep your job.

I hope it doesn't come to that obviously. People need to be free to choose.

If anyone has any other questions I'll do my best to answer them :smile:

To people who said tl;dr: If you read what I posted rather than what I quoted, you will get the idea... The quoted text goes into much more detail and is far more informative obviously, but I realise it is rather long...

I've edited your original post, and just gave the link, rather than the whole article. Please keep it that way! :p:
I skim read it. I'm not really interested in accepting the vaccine anyway, at least not for a good few months to see if it has side effects like the previous vaccine that was made for a pandemic of flu (can't remember which)

Also, I read somewhere that Flu vaccines have mercury in them, which is apparently toxic to the body and can no be excreted. Not sure if there is truth in this, haven't ever bothered to fully look into.
Reply 14
Cup of Inspiration
don't most vaccinations have squalene in anyway? Plus the autism link between MMR has been disproved and i believe the guy that produced said research in the lancet a few years ago has actually been struck off or disciplined!

Yeah, I didn't get MMR until I was 14 because people were stirring things up.

Since that whole **** up we've had measles outbreaks and a lot more sick children than we would have had otherwise. Which is why you should be very very careful and fairly confident when you start saying vaccines are dangerous.

People much better informed about this than you have already thought about this and decided it is safe. So quit stirring things.
Reply 15
Champagne Supernova
I've edited your original post, and just gave the link, rather than the whole article. Please keep it that way! :p:

link doesn't work.
Reply 16
My boyfriend has been researching alot about vaccines and the finds are v scary! I don't trust vaccines at all...

I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis when I was 19, my symptoms first started appearing a few month after a had a Hep B vaccine. I think the vaccine triggered my MS :frown:

I am a post grad genetics student so i need a scientific background to trust my instinct 100% but i have heard enough things to make me believe the vaccine is not safe. I think the risks far outweigh the costs

The swine flu has been so overhyped to create mass hysteria!!!
c2uk
link doesn't work.

So it doesn't.

Well, if the OP sees this post, could they put the original link to the article back into their post.
If squalene is already produced in the body, and therefore not foreign, then why would antibodies be produced if it was injected? I don't understand.
Reply 19
Champagne Supernova
So it doesn't.

Well, if the OP sees this post, could they put the original link to the article back into their post.

This seems to be the correct link, just in case:
http://www.twine.com/item/12g0znkjm-28s/the-terrifying-world-of-vaccine-adjuvants

Latest

Trending

Trending