Disturbing information about the swine flu vaccine Watch

fubsadoo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
Woah, OK! Thanks for that! :p:

Umm, I have another question - when it does come into force, you do have to pay for it right? Because I really doubt it would be free due to mass production/short notice etc...
We have this really cool thing called the NHS...
themedicalgeek
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is what happens when you mix 3 things together:1. Paranoid internet people,who post gravely inaccurate information 2. Joe bloggs (typical internet user) and 3. Doctors & medical students.

To be honest. The vaccine is under clinical trials, everybody's immune system is different and sometimes people take a reaction to vaccines but the benefits of receiving the vaccine by far outweigh side effects such as nausea. Doctors learn from their mistakes that is why most treatments that are invented now won't come out until 2012+ due to clinical trials and certification. This vaccine is another product of 50 years research into influenza. There isn't really anything to worry about.

But for people who want to debate feel free. But at the end of the day it is a personal choice so please consult qualified medical professionals and certified research papers before making these claims which have little or no evidence for them.
Ministerdonut
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way am I going to have this jab. Have you heard what tamiflu is doing to some kids? sod that Ill have the flu thanks!

I don't trust this goverment. I think the company making the vaccine will have a vested interest. I think the government are stirring things up never mind some random internet people to take peoples minds off other news items because they are failing.

Have you seen the farce that is the flu helpline where they were employing 16 yr olds to tell people if they have swine flu? One girl was already misdiagnosed with swine flu when she had mengitis and died.

So no way am I going to listen to those muppets.
Jolly Roger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ministerdonut)
No way am I going to have this jab. Have you heard what tamiflu is doing to some kids? sod that Ill have the flu thanks!
The tamiflu isnt doing anything surely?

The advice is being given out because it has been shown that the policy of giving out tamiflu to close contacts of flu sufferers is not effective in reducing the spread of the virus, taking about 13 extra prescriptions to prevent new 1 case.
This, along with sufferes of underlying health conditions such as asthma not seeing any benefit in avoiding catching the illness, and the fact that it only reduces the symptoms by 1 day and may casue side effects of vomiting (which may occur in normal flu anyway) in a small minority of cases mean that the cons are seen to outweight the benfits of the 1 day reduction of illness, especially when most people make a full recovery.
tinywings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm, who to trust. Doctors or paranoid internet scare mongerers?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (519)
91.53%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.47%

Watched Threads