Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it true the facts about men in 'The Ugly Truth'? Watch

    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    i went to see The Ugly Truth and if you have seen it you will know it is mainly about what men like in women and how they react and stuff.
    at some points it basically said all guys are intersted in is sex, looks and nothing else really. i kow the facts about the average mind and that but is it actually all guys look for? :rolleyes:
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    yes it is all guys look for
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    not on TSR
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    yes:yes:
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    yes:yes:
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Yeap, my brain is hard-wired to Big Dave.:rolleyes:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Well most guys do, including myself
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    i reckon 90% are and the other 10% are just really hard to find. If thats all they were interested in then why would they commit to marriage etc
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Its not true.
    I hate it that girls think this just cos of bad experiences.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    i went to see The Ugly Truth and if you have seen it you will know it is mainly about what women like in men and how they react and stuff.
    at some points it basically said all girls are intersted in is sex, looks and nothing else really. i kow the facts about the average mind and that but is it actually all girls look for? :rolleyes:
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    in any young lady worth more than 1 night you look for a happy medium. looks/personaaaa
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Face it, women have nothing else to offer men that another man can't, except for their looks and body.

    No matter how smart, funny, intelligent you are.....a guy is always going to prefer a night out with the lads than with you, no matter how much you feign an interest in football.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    not but I suppose most of the time it's what attracts 90% of guys at first.
    I personally am more interested in a good times spent with a girl than I am sex but that's just me.
    It is important to be physically attracted to a person to make a relationship work but it is also important to have personalities that go together (whether contrasting or similar as both often work well)
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    Of course it's not true, durrrrrrrrr? You think the entire thought process of 50% of the world's population can be fitted into the voiceover of a 30 second TV trailer?

    On another note, I saw the trailer, and was wondering how OK it would be if it was a film steroetyping women to the max. e.g.:

    *smug bad comedy trailer voice* 'But Abby knows women...only want one thing' - cut to a woman in a kitchen, doing some sewing while she gives birth.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    It was a really good film

    But I'm not going to comment on this thread :ninja:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    One question, me and a girl I know online who's from near where I live have agreed to meet up this week, and she suggested seeing this. Is ok to see with a girl lol? Or is she trying to say something?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonesnm07)
    i reckon 90% are and the other 10% are just really hard to find. If thats all they were interested in then why would they commit to marriage etc
    Yeah that 10% really are one in a million.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    Yeah that 10% really are one in a million.
    technically:
    if it's 10% its 100,000 in a million :P
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    technically:
    if it's 10% its 100,000 in a million :P
    EDIT: damn you and you're quick editing!

    And i know, it was a joke lol XD
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    i went to see The Ugly Truth and if you have seen it you will know it is mainly about what women like in men and how they react and stuff.
    at some points it basically said all girls are intersted in is sex, looks and nothing else really. i kow the facts about the average mind and that but is it actually all girls look for? :rolleyes:
    yes :yes:
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.