Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chester City likely to fold Watch

ReputationRep:
    Will they be allowed to replay there two games they've missed? Or does it go down as wins for the other clubs. Ie i hope Gateshead get 3 points :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, we've had Vaughan out banners at a couple of games, each time Vaughan's ordered them to be taken from us. At Darlington away a couple of seasons ago, 5-10 minutes after putting it up, a steward came over to us demanding we take it down. When asked why, he told us that they'd been ordered to remove it, and we could collect it at the end of the game. 5 minutes before the end, the lad who had it, went to collect it. When the game ended, he held it up again. Stewards crapped themselves and rushed straight back up to have a go at him. The second time was the last home game last season, also against Darlington. 20 minutes into the game, stewards came over and took the flag off us. They admitted not being told why they had to take it down, and that the stewards were entirely anti-Vaughan, but couldn't do anything about it. FFS, it's like Nazi-Germany!

The split between the fans is doing an incredible amount of damage. Vaughan's done well, divide and conquer. He has a certain amount of fans, who all sit in the same area of the ground, who strangely also appear to come up with all the inside information on the internet. Coincidently, of course, several of them get free tickets, and entry to the executive lounge after the game. In the past, fans have been threatened to be hospitalised as a result of criticism of the club online. On one occasion, a fan listed Vaughan's son as the player he'd most like to leave the club in a Four-Four-Two season preview. A couple of months later, our generous benefactor who was shot because of a Colombian drugs cartel hit placed on him, smashed him over the head with a microphone. Vaughan's latest move was very, very well done though. The gullible kids who represent a majority of the fans creating an atmosphere have swallowed the unity ********. Today, although I couldn't make the game, I was told there was arguing amongst the fans. The older section of the terrace, chanting "Vaughan out" and the kids having a go at them, demanding they support the players on the pitch. I admit, they did make a fair point, but they don't seem to realise if Vaughan doesn't leave ASAP, there will be no players on the pitch to support! The club is being ripped apart. Vaughan's got us into ridiculous situation, after ridiculous situation. He wouldn't pay £72,000 to clear a transfer embargo last season, he allowed the club to amass a £1million tax bill, spent £11,000 per week on a 'laundry' company in Wrexham, which now seems to have disappeared. Conveniently, they voted in favour of the CVA, waving all money owed to them.

I've barely even scratched the surface of everything the vile man has done to the club. The club is corrupt, Vaughan is corrupt, a majority of people who work for him are corrupt, and the club is dying a slow death. The only way it seems we can possibly get rid of him is to be liquidated and reform as FC Chester. The fact is, he has taken us to our lowest point in history. Never before have we been bottom of the conference with -25 points. We came close to relegation under Terry Smith, but eventually he sold the club. Even the season he took us down, he recognised his mistake and appointed Ian Atkins as manager in his place. Under Smith we stayed in the conference. This time, relegation is almost certain. Vaughan purchased the club when we were in the conference. We're now back there. We're worse off than before he purchased the club, yet his loyal band of henchman still stick up for him and threaten fans who speak up.

In all honesty, the club is dead. It's only a matter of time before it's made official and we're liquidated.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to not having any pre-season friendlies the players were totally out of fitness for Chester yesterday.
    Played well for 40 minutes and went 2-0 up, but went on to lose 4-2.

We've been told that we have no right to appeal the -25 deduction, so I can't see any way that we we'll stay in the Conference till next season.

And of course with the CVA being overturned there's still an outstanding bill of over £1million to HMRC that needs paying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chestercityfan)
    Thanks to not having any pre-season friendlies the players were totally out of fitness for Chester yesterday.
    Played well for 40 minutes and went 2-0 up, but went on to lose 4-2.

We've been told that we have no right to appeal the -25 deduction, so I can't see any way that we we'll stay in the Conference till next season.

And of course with the CVA being overturned there's still an outstanding bill of over £1million to HMRC that needs paying.
    Not looking too good

I heard they were two nill up as well;heard the roars from the local golf course.:rolleyes:

I hope everything gets sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    Will they be allowed to replay there two games they've missed? Or does it go down as wins for the other clubs. Ie i hope Gateshead get 3 points :teeth:
    They'll be allowed to play them again. If Gateshead get 3 points all season it'll be a miracle :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.