Turn on thread page Beta

Hi i was wondering
    if some off you could give me ideas on how i can get my gf to stop drinking. cuz shes going a bit over board now

ReputationRep:
    It's her choice. Just tell her you don't like it or you think it's too much and could she not around you, and maybe suggest other fun stuff to do that isn't drinking. Don't tell her what to do or she's more likely to go ape.

ReputationRep:
    What Donna said. Also, video her when she's falling about drunk and looks like **** then show her it the next day :awesome: That'll have an effect pretty soon I'd imagine.

(Original post by PoisonDonna)
    It's her choice. Just tell her you don't like it or you think it's too much and could she not around you, and maybe suggest other fun stuff to do that isn't drinking. Don't tell her what to do or she's more likely to go ape.
    yh she knows i dont like it and she sed shes tryin to stop so i guess i just gotta be patient ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    What Donna said. Also, video her when she's falling about drunk and looks like **** then show her it the next day :awesome: That'll have an effect pretty soon I'd imagine.
    This is a good idea OP.

ReputationRep:
    Take advantage of her whilst drunk. You'll lose a girlfriend, but will have cured her drinking problem. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yh she knows i dont like it and she sed shes tryin to stop so i guess i just gotta be patient ..
    I guess it's hard to stop completely if she's in that sort of friendship group, but it's good she wants to
    Just be patient like you said and try and do other fun stuff!

its a long distance relationship
    so its kinda hard as i dont see her alot

ReputationRep:
    just get drunker than her.

or, be more interesting when out so she doesnt think "**** you are boring, im just gonna drink"

ReputationRep:
    Dump her and find a girl that is not a drunkard. This will be very difficult though.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good idea.. didn't David Hasselhoff's daughter film him p***ed out of his head falling about everywhere when she wanted him to get sober?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingmc123)
    That's a good idea.. didn't David Hasselhoff's daughter film him p***ed out of his head falling about everywhere when she wanted him to get sober?
    Not sure, I'm not really a fan of the Hoff to be honest :p:

ReputationRep:
    tell her you dont want to be with an alcoholic

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.