Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)

its medicine. Is my username really that telling?
    I was hoping yoou were going to tell me where @?

Imperial? *goes to check your profile*

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA for both my firm and insurance. And for imperial I need an A in all 12 maths modules. Am really bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I was hoping yoou were going to tell me where @?

Imperial? *goes to check your profile*
    :laugh: No i haven't put that info in my profile (haven't had the time to fill that stuff in) and no not Imperial. I got rejected due to a COMPLETELY CRAPPY BMAT. Seriously, it was bad! :sad:

:p:

They are my insurance though, but for Biochemistry.

Yeah, but God willing in Sept, I'll be at Barts (and the London) SMD. I get to stay in London! :woo:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Or elated when you find out you have got them.

Although, don't mistake me for an optimist. I am pretty sure I haven't got the grades I need - but I am just saying there is not much reason to WORRY about it, yet, per sé.
    Nah, I'm say 95% certain I've not got them. I know I've missed an A in FM and I'm on the whole pretty sure I've just missed Physics by like 2 marks. I know I can't change the results obviously but I'm just not looking forward to finding out because as long as I don't know I can still do what I want to do with regards to unis and careers and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Mine too.

I think I will get AAB but the subject I think I'll get a B in, my insurance has specified that they want an A in it.

fSenuigfbeshuflgjsojufouqwnheuo :woo:

Don't know what I'm gonna do. :cry:
    Don't worry, we can cry together :p:

(Original post by Clements-)
    Nah, I'm say 95% certain I've not got them. I know I've missed an A in FM and I'm on the whole pretty sure I've just missed Physics by like 2 marks. I know I can't change the results obviously but I'm just not looking forward to finding out because as long as I don't know I can still do what I want to do with regards to unis and careers and stuff.
    I'm going to be really annoying and say there's a 5% chance you've actually done got them. A levels are sometime s a fluke in the sense that you can be 100% sure you've got a U/D and yet come out with full marks for some reason :confused: but it's best to wait till results day and not panic or worry about it.

Besides assuming you have actually missed Physics by 2 marks, you can always ask for a remark.

But you're right about ignorance being bliss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    As of now, no university has A*A*A as a requirement. For next year the highest requirement known is A*AA
    I said next year and for 2010

Imperial College London
    Mathematics and Computer Science
    A*A*A
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computing...s/requirements

Churchill College, Cambridge
    Law
    A*A*AA
    http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/admissions/...g/courses/law/

(Original post by s.sarwar7)
    I said next year and for 2010

Imperial College London
    Mathematics and Computer Science
    A*A*A
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computing...s/requirements

Churchill College, Cambridge
    Law
    A*A*AA
    http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/admissions/...g/courses/law/
    None of your links actually work :confused:

Anyway it is a well known fact that Churhill college have particularly stringent requirements for law but they usually expect exceptional GCSE grades not A*A*AA at A levels, at least not yet.

The standard Cambridge offer for law is A*AA for 2010 entry

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...law/index.html

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to miss my offer! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I don't want to miss my offer! :cry:
    If you're thinking about it so much, you're probably a very conscientious person and put all the effort you could into the exams. Therefore, you have little to worry about and have given yourself the best chance to achieve grades you're clearly capable of, as you got the offers in the first place. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be scared if not for the way AQA English modules are marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Well, even if you have missed physics by 2 marks that's not necessarily the end of the world. Universities can be quite lenient with such narrow misses, you know. Although that depends, of course, on the popularity of the course. My cousin got into Oxford after missing one of his As by a few marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    If you're thinking about it so much, you're probably a very conscientious person and put all the effort you could into the exams. Therefore, you have little to worry about and have given yourself the best chance to achieve grades you're clearly capable of, as you got the offers in the first place. :yes:
    Thanks, I hope you're right. I honestly don't think I could have tried harder - I guess it's just that constant worry that it wasn't enough.

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't think I did enough. For some of my exams, i think I peaked way too early (~ during the 2nd week of May), so I don't think I did as well as I could have for the actual exams in June. I still hope its enough, but its such a shame.

I don't think I should have started revising so early on. But oh well, its done now. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA for Durham! I am kind of confident but still scared as I liked it sooo much and don't want to end up at my insurance! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This thread is not helping me.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm...my offer is AAAA or AA with AEA Merit in both Economics and History for the firm
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    None of your links actually work

Anyway it is a well known fact that Churhill college have particularly stringent requirements for law but they usually expect exceptional GCSE grades not A*A*AA at A levels, at least not yet.

The standard Cambridge offer for law is A*AA for 2010 entry

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...law/index.html
    Find Churchill's info here
    And I'll add to that with a quote.
    We ordinarily favour students completing 4 A-levels and normally attach a condition of A*A*AA to any offer of admission in Law
    Given though, Churchill do often give brilliantly hard offers.

(Original post by Stricof)
    Mmm...my offer is AAAA or AA with AEA Merit in both Economics and History for the firm

Find Churchill's info here
    And I'll add to that with a quote.

Given though, Churchill do often give brilliantly hard offers.
    Oh right. Well as long as there's proof.

Although I did already state that Churchill is known for it's particularly stringent requirements for law.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I needed AAA..

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA in Economics, Mathematics and French, not to make an offer (I knew I was taking a gap year and didn't apply), but because I'm applying for PPe at 5 top Unis (inc. Oxford obviously) and to the US. Nothing else will do. I will gutted if I don't get AAA, and any lower than AAB I'll probably cry. In fact I'll probably still cry with AAB.
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I actually don't think I did enough. For some of my exams, i think I peaked way too early (~ during the 2nd week of May), so I don't think I did as well as I could have for the actual exams in June. I still hope its enough, but its such a shame.

I don't think I should have started revising so early on. But oh well, its done now. :sigh:
    This happened with me for Maths too. I just got rustier and rustier with C4 after school ended and study break began, when I probably could've gotten...at least a B if I had done the exam earlier.

I'm expecting a U now :p:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.