Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After making a batch of jam tarts last tuesday I just couldnt resist tucking into them before they had cooled down properly. Big mistake as Jam stuck to the roof of my mouth and since then it has been impossible to eat anything normal so I am on soups and shakes at the moment which isnt fun.

I thought that after almost a week it would have healed but it hasnt and is still as raw as it was before. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any cures or remedies to my problem or will I just have to keep waiting. By the way it is a good diet technique, stops you eating.

ReputationRep:
    I hate this when it happens its horrible, no easy way im afriad however, as its not a conventional burn its in the mouth etc.

If it is being a real pain i would suggest seeing the doctor and seeing if they can suggest anything. Cant be nice being on liquid food for the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Ice creeeeeeeeam!

ReputationRep:
    Ow! I hate it when you eat/drink things that are too hot and you just can't taste much for the next couple of days, but yours sounds a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    Skin graft'll fix it. But seriously, I sympathise, those burns are really bloody painful! :console:

ReputationRep:
    The Jam stuck to the mouth it was like molten lava. Tried to scrape it off with my tongue burnt that a bit too

ReputationRep:
    Love the sig man, band of brother's is awesome. You see the trailer for the Pacific? Looks great too.

I would go with the ice cream suggestion

ReputationRep:
    scream for ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    Love the sig man, band of brother's is awesome. You see the trailer for the Pacific? Looks great too.

I would go with the ice cream suggestion
    The Pacific? No. Sounds intriging I love war films.

ReputationRep:
    Not a film. Short seires like BOB. 2010 though. Long wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    Not a film. Short seires like BOB. 2010 though. Long wait.
    Got a link?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E

Meant to be better than BOB, but I find that impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Drink loooads of cold drinks and let ice cubes sit in your mouth (if you can bear it that is )
    I hate burnt mouths, I hate it even more when your tongue gets burnt too and everything tastes metallic...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.