Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Size 6 in three weeks Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Natalie Cassidy DVD is great

Treadmill 1.5 hrs on an incline burns 1,000 cal.. so you could lose 4 lbs a week
    This Natalie Cassidy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know people would advise me against this, but I really want to go down to a size 6, and no further. I am currently a size 8 and would love to slim down to a size before college -- so in around 3 weeks.

Anyone have any diet/exercise tips for me?

Thanks
    why on earth would you want to do that? for one thing it reduces the number of clothes shops you can shop in...
    and i have to say i agree with the previous posters who say that for lots of people size 6 is just too small

ReputationRep:
    At least you're a size 8 already... I've been dieting (eating very sensibly and exercising) for the past few months, and have discovered that I physically cannot get below a size 10 top and size 12 bottoms due to the size of my bones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    This Natalie Cassidy?

LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    Depends on height and frame. I do the odd crash diet every so often but never go below 8st. I'd love to be a dinky little thing but I wasn't built for that and do need to eat for survival purposes lol

ReputationRep:
    :woo: OP, tell us your age and height already! :o:

I agree with much of what others have said:
    If you're too tall or if your bone structure doesn't want you to be a 6, then don't push it. Be happy with that you have, and maybe tone it up a bit if you really don't like it.
    If you're short and an 8 is 'big' for you, then hopefully someone will be able to help you find the healthiest way of dropping a size - be sensible about it, though. When I'm a 10, because I'm a slight build, I'm quite squishy, and there's a wee bit of that squish left even though I'm a small 8 now. Although being a 6 would possibly get rid of those squishy bits, it would make my bony bits far too prominent, and at 5'5 and 21 years old, I don't think that's healthy for me.

ReputationRep:
    Why ? I mean why do you feel the need to be size 6 when youre already size 8 - do you aspire to look like all the celebs with the bones showing and all that crap. Just be happy with who you are. And sumone said before whats with the anti size 6 ppl - if youre small and thin naturally and your size 6 then fair enough but people who feel the need to be seze 6 are jus confusin to me.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it tbh, I get so much stick for being a size 6, plus its harder to find clothes that fit.

ReputationRep:
    And the problem with being a size 8 is...

ReputationRep:
    What the OP hasn't specified is why they want to do it only that they want to be that way for college. Are you doing it for health reasons OP (I doubt it) or to impress? I seriously wouldn't advise going to such lengths if it is the latter once you start it is hard to stop trust me you just become obsessed. There was a time when I had a target but then once I reached it I wanted to go lower and for my frame it just wasn't right. If you do it the crash diet way your body wont be too happy with that obviously, when I tried to put the weight back on I went the other way and put too much back on as my body was trying to store as much fat as possible.
    It's tricky to say "oh I only want to go down one dress size". I'm no anorexic but ever since the crash dieting and the drasitc weight loss/weight gain and now weight loss again I doubt I will ever be happy. A lot of us wish we could be smaller but we have to think about the reasoning behind it, a size 8 is nothing to be ashamed of going down to a 6 in three weeks thats a bit crazy!As for size 6 hatred, what about those who are naturally that way they can't really help it can they?
    OP seriously consider why you are doing it, personally I'd advise against it, drastic dieting is like surgery you are never perfect until there is hardly anything left and it just isn't very nice to witness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Natalie Cassidy DVD is great

Treadmill 1.5 hrs on an incline burns 1,000 cal.. so you could lose 4 lbs a week
    2lb, assuming you broke even with your diet (not including exercise).

Honestly? Most likely not doable but if it was its a pretty simple formulae.

Density=mass/volume

Your body has a limit to how low the mass can go, so since

mass=density*volume

And the mass is effectively a constant and your after the lowest volume possible you need to be as dense as you can. Thus if you can reduce your BF% (By building muscle and cutting) you should end up thinner and still be healthy.

(Original post by Hexasol)
    And the problem with being a size 8 is...
    The problem being a size 6 is...

ReputationRep:
    I watched a programme the other day about this woman who went on a crash diet for a month to get from size 8 to size zero and she was only 5'1 ish anyway....

She started off at 7st 13 and did around 3 hours of exercise a day including a week trip to Fat Camp in America with a personal trainer!

She ate 500 calories a day...

She lost around a stone i think....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    I watched a programme the other day about this woman who went on a crash diet for a month to get from size 8 to size zero and she was only 5'1 ish anyway....

She started off at 7st 13 and did around 3 hours of exercise a day including a week trip to Fat Camp in America with a personal trainer!

She lost around a stone i think....
    are you mixing up sizes there or was she an american size 8 to start with?

ReputationRep:
    She was UK8, went to UK4.
    So she'd have been a US4? I think..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    are you mixing up sizes there or was she an american size 8 to start with?

Nono... it was UK.

She flew to America to learn of the bootcamp thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    At least you're a size 8 already... I've been dieting (eating very sensibly and exercising) for the past few months, and have discovered that I physically cannot get below a size 10 top and size 12 bottoms due to the size of my bones!
    Dont believe this for a second.

By 'exercise' do you mean varying types of endurance-cardio?

ReputationRep:
    It just depends on your height really and your diet.

ReputationRep:
    What is you height/age OP? If you are quite tall it could possibly be unhealthy for you to be a size 6 but if you are more petite (5'3" and under) it would be more likely it would be okay for you but considering you are a size 8 now I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    OP can't post anon any more, because the thread got moved from H&R, but she told me by PM that she's about 5'4, so being a size 6 at that height isn't too unreasonable. I would guess she would probably be between 16 and 18 years old.

I think I was the same height and a size 6 when I was around those ages, and everything OP has said suggests she's being quite sensible about it.

Bearing that in mind, does anyone have any exercise/diet tips, as she originally requested? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My auntie is a size 6 and the same height, she gets a hell of alot of people saying she needs to put on weight...

She is underweight now, she looks good but I think she looked better at size 8.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.