Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot_Bea)
    I do have to continue to disagree with you, you are basing this on subjective experience, not fact. Being at university myself I know a lot of people who are here to further their education and to propel them into the graduate world with a decent degree, which will hopefully help them continue along a chosen path. Personally I was not sure about what I wanted to do after 6th form, so followed the university path. Just because I went instead of getting a job without a clear idea about where I was going in life... and I guess I was delaying the inevitable of going into the working world... does not mean that I will not utilise the opportunities presented to me. Sure I go out and sure I drink, but I am still going to finish with a decent mark and go on into the working world and strive for a good job and career.

Many of my peers are the same and I think that your comments are quite narrow minded and do not reflect the univeristy population as a whole.
    The fact is, you're not so much "continuing to disagree with me" as you are utterly failing to grasp my point. Did I say my comments reflected the university population as a whole? Or did I say "University as a whole is not a pointless experience", which is the exact opposite? I hope you are on a "drinking course" rather than a serious one, you can't even read properly.

You also criticise me for basing my post only on subjective experiences, rather than facts. You then continue to post about your subjective experience, without offering any facts at all. Which makes it very hard to take your post as anything but a wind up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zap Brannigan)
    The fact is, you're not so much "continuing to disagree with me" as you are utterly failing to grasp my point. Did I say my comments reflected the university population as a whole? Or did I say "University as a whole is not a pointless experience", which is the exact opposite? I hope you are on a "drinking course" rather than a serious one, you can't even read properly.

You also criticise me for basing my post only on subjective experiences, rather than facts. You then continue to post about your subjective experience, without offering any facts at all. Which makes it very hard to take your post as anything but a wind up.
    Yup, drinking myself silly. Can't wait until I can collect Job Seekers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.