Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well the question is, what do you normally do in an attempt to 'move things forward'?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not entirely sure what you mean, what do you normally do? I guess just continuing with spending time together, hopefully alone getting to know each other? This stuff tends to be fairly natural and there's no set way how things happen or to make it happen, just make sure she knows you like her and you're playing any form of games, be straight about stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    Normally it is just meeting up on a night out or meeting up in general but like I said nothing really happens on the back of this.
    So the problem is that you manage to get a first date/meet up, but not a second one?

Have you actually asked girls to meet up again, or have you waited for them to ask you? Have they ignored/rejected you?

Maybe you aren't coming across as well as you want to? That might sound bad but maybe you are just too nervous or something hence give a slightly less than perfect impression?

But do remember, maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet and have had no proper mutual connection?

ReputationRep:
    Normally it is just meeting up on a night out or meeting up in general but like I said nothing really happens on the back of this.
    Well are you nice to them? Do you ask them out again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Vicky~)
    Well are you nice to them? Do you ask them out again?
    Yes very nice to them, not acting like a tw*t and I do but only if I know they liked the first one. Max I have got to is third date but then it went dry liek the rest.

I need Hitch

ReputationRep:
    Yes very nice to them, not acting like a tw*t and I do but only if I know they liked the first one. Max I have got to is third date but then it went dry liek the rest.

I need Hitch
    How do you know if they liked it or not? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well before we meet up (first date) we chat alot but then after chat seems to go dry not much action and I sense that perhaps they dont wanat to meet again so I guess fear of rejection I dont ask to often.

And maybe I dont come off perfect but I am not nervous as I am quite confident around girls. On a night out I am not the guy who goes out to get wasted so wont unimpress them that way. Normally I am like the "father figure" on a night out who makes sure everyones ok and gets home alright. So I am not sure that is the cause too much.

Plus I always try to act like the charming, nice, genuine guy and this isnt working whereas my mates who act like tw*ts seem to get all the luck but I dont want to stoop that level.

"But do remember, maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet and have had no proper mutual connection?"

Also very true as here in the depths of Devonshire a female species comes around quite rarely.

Thanks for your help by the way.
    Okay from what you've said you have typical nice guy syndrome :p:

I guess all you can really do is be yourself, treat a girl nicely and hope for the best. If you haven't gotten any further with a girl then I guess she wasn't really for you. I think that is the best mentality to use.

Also, the typical '***** on a night out' tend to go for anything in a skirt. Maybe that is why they are getting more action?

It's quality not quantity remember

But yeah, honestly, just carry on as you are! If you are confident then continue with it, just make sure that you don't come across as over-confident as that can be a complete turn-off.

You'll meet someone eventually :yy: good luck and try not to worry about it They always say that somebody comes along when you least expect (or at least, that's what happened in my case!).

ReputationRep:
    Plus I always try to act like the charming, nice, genuine guy and this isnt working whereas my mates who act like tw*ts seem to get all the luck but I dont want to stoop that level.
    girls like tw*ts, they just don't realise it

ReputationRep:
    They way they acted on the date and if they carried on talking to me after. Sometimes their friends can give indications too.
    Some girls like the guy to make the move after the first date, you can't just wait for her to talk to you all the time. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about asking the girl in question to somethin other than a piss up?

I asked my current girlfriend on a date to Santapod drag strip. The plan was to race our cars, but the weather wasn't great by the time we got there. Had just as much fun watching the pro street cars racing from the stands once the weather had cleared up and the track dried.

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you are saying but sometimes the conversations arent what they were.

Btw you are very pretty
    Thank you. :o:

What do you mean by "sometimes the conversations arent what they were."? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you can be a nice guy etc but you must be frim,confident and bold
    firm enough to stand by a decision
    confident enough to approach women in the right mindset
    bold enough to pull the trigger. By the time the trigger is pulled, they may have run away and its too late. You enter into the abyss of the friend zone

ReputationRep:
    Darn, I thought you were asking about how to pull the TSR member by the name of Trigger

ReputationRep:
    get a gun and just pull the facking trigger!!! lool

ReputationRep:
    I kinda have the same problem. I can use my irish charm up to a point and then it just dries up and im stuck in limbo.Should I have the move or shud i wait???! twice this year girls have pointed this out to me! and it made me feel inadequete and stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Darn, I thought you were asking about how to pull the TSR member by the name of Trigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Vicky~)
    Some girls like the guy to make the move after the first date, you can't just wait for her to talk to you all the time. :nah:
    However, it has sort of become taboo for the girl to make a move, like socially not done. Means the guy is always playing 'does she like, like me not' in his head.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My advice to you - Who cares? Taking things further doesn't mean youre committing to anything does it now. Just meetup with them for a drink or something, just because you want to get to know them more doesnt mean youre jumping into a relationship or anything, just play it cool.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.