Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You will notice that one of their personalities is seduced by the illusions of grandeur - the gold packet of king size with a regal insignia, an attractive implication towards grandeur and wealth, the subtle suggestion that cigarettes are indeed your royal and loyal friends, and that, is a lie.

Their other personality is trying to draw your attention to the flip side of the discussion, written in boring bold black and white, it's a statement that these neat little soldiers of death and in fact trying to kill you and that, is the truth.

So why do we smoke? I smoke and cant figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    When I smoke, I do so because I enjoy it.
    Couldn't give a balls what it says on the packet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    When I smoke, I do so because I enjoy it.
    Couldn't give a balls what it says on the packet.
    Do you enjoy every single cigarette?

ReputationRep:
    I only smoke when Im wasted. Have no reason why. Wouldnt touch a fag when sober...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    I only smoke when Im wasted. Have no reason why. Wouldnt touch a fag when sober...
    Same as me. Except I would touch a fag if I was sober, but only if I was stressed or something.

ReputationRep:
    because its apparently addictive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    Not to the extent that one fag gets you hooked for life. What id like to know, is why do people carry on this vile habbit after trying it a few times. I can vaguely remember. It just seems a distant memory and rather pointless now.

ReputationRep:
    teenagers smoke and they seem pretty on the ball

ReputationRep:
    I shake like an epileptic when I smoke , I find it enhances the experience.

jkn I dun smoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob6709)
    Do you enjoy every single cigarette?
    Given that I tend to buy a packet of 10, work my way through it and then not bother for perhaps 12-18 months, I do absolutely.

Whats the point in doing something you don't enjoy? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob6709)
    Not to the extent that one fag gets you hooked for life. What id like to know, is why do people carry on this vile habbit after trying it a few times. I can vaguely remember. It just seems a distant memory and rather pointless now.
    dno. i dont smoke myself and now you're making me wonder too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    OK you, and the other person who said ''only when I'm stressed'', WE ALL HATE YOU.

You go on at us in this self righteous way, like "ooh I only smoke when I'm drunk/stressed, because smoking is bad for you", then you think it's OK to steal our ****, which you don't pay for, whenever you are 'drunk' or 'stressed'.

And you do smoke. It doesn't matter when/how/whatever, you smoke. If you really thought it was so bad, you wouldn't do it, drunk or not, stressed or not. Why does that change anything?!

If anything I'd say we're better than you, as at least we're just addicted, you actually choose to smoke sporadically.

Arrgghhh /rant /rant /rant.

:o: (this isn't necessarily entirely aimed at you, but people like you...)

ReputationRep:
    I smoke for the stress relief and the nicotine tingles. I struggle to cope a day without a cigarette because I get really stressed out over little things.

ReputationRep:
    According to friend: job is very stressful. Allows him to escape for a few mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    Nicotine is only medically addictive for around 76 hours but more often than not you get addicted to the habit of moving your hands and having something to do with them.

Smoking becomes a habit eventually, when you grow up (I know many older smokers) smoking is no longer done for a buzz etc, its just something you've done all your life and it feels odd not doing it.

Note: I don't smoke and think its a horribly bad, ugly and unhealthy habit (particularly in girls but I find unattractive it in both sexes) but I just wanted to put it into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    It makes me feel like a big man.

ReputationRep:
    --deleted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Let's be frank, smoking is cool and you know it :awesome:
    This

Smoking feels good too, its good on a night out to escape too out of a sweaty club

Its a totally selfish and indulgent thing to do a few times a day

It mights me all light headed and weak at the knees

It makes me thin too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seba_Nile)
    Nicotine is only medically addictive for around 76 hours but more often than not you get addicted to the habit of moving your hands and having something to do with them.

Smoking becomes a habit eventually, when you grow up (I know many older smokers) smoking is no longer done for a buzz etc, its just something you've done all your life and it feels odd not doing it.

Note: I don't smoke and think its a horribly bad, ugly and unhealthy habit (particularly in girls but I find unattractive it in both sexes) but I just wanted to put it into perspective.
    i know. i can smell it off people for miles. and its worse smell when they TRY covering it up with mints. although covering it up with a fragrance works :p:

ReputationRep:
    It makes them feel invincible and delightfully chimney-like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.