Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get stressed but wouldn't touch a cig, but that's just me, plus I have mild asthma.

ReputationRep:
    becasue i like doing it

nuff said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TigerJack)
    I get stressed but wouldn't touch a cig, but that's just me, plus I have mild asthma.
    Agreed, even if I didn't have asthma I wouldn't touch one, there are much better ways to relive stress. Plus technically speaking tobacco is a stimulating drug so should which means that the smoking isn't actually relieving stress or relaxing you, it is the habit and the comfort of doing something familiar that isn't demanding.
    Alcohol on the other hand is a depressive drug and de-stressing and relaxing would make more sense if the excuse of stress/relaxation was in relation to alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    *Lights a smoke*

Every single one of these delicious, smoky, magic sticks of delight shaves off about two minutes of those lonely years in the retirement home, senile and wrinkled, not recognizing your own children, soiling yourself etc. It's really a win-win situation.

That is, if you haven't become sterile from all the smoking. Then you just won't recognize your friends.

That is, if you haven't lost them all from the off-putting smell of all the smoking. Then you just won't recognize the nurses.
    They won't care.

Kinda stepped on my own point there a bit.

Anyway, it's the best when you're drinking.

ReputationRep:
    Cos it passes time

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy every single cigarette and just completely ignore the warnings on the packet, you only live once after all :yep:

Although I like the nicotene buzz (which isn't actually that strong tbh), I smoke more for the taste and the feeling that i'm doing something wrong and unhealthy which is somehow appealing to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    I smoke for the stress relief and the nicotine tingles. I struggle to cope a day without a cigarette because I get really stressed out over little things.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Smoking relaxes me

ReputationRep:
    stress-relief

ReputationRep:
    I am physically and psychologically addicted. I don't enjoy every smoke but would be very upset if I couldn't have one. I suppose I'm always in search of that ahhhhhhhhh feeling a cigarette gives you the odd time but end up topping up my physical addiction to the nicotine with each smoke so it makes a ig nasty love-hate cycle. Plus it just makes a glass of wine so much nicer. Think I'll have one now we're talking about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    OK you, and the other person who said ''only when I'm stressed'', WE ALL HATE YOU.

You go on at us in this self righteous way, like "ooh I only smoke when I'm drunk/stressed, because smoking is bad for you", then you think it's OK to steal our ****, which you don't pay for, whenever you are 'drunk' or 'stressed'.

And you do smoke. It doesn't matter when/how/whatever, you smoke. If you really thought it was so bad, you wouldn't do it, drunk or not, stressed or not. Why does that change anything?!

If anything I'd say we're better than you, as at least we're just addicted, you actually choose to smoke sporadically.

Arrgghhh /rant /rant /rant.

:o: (this isn't necessarily entirely aimed at you, but people like you...)
    At no point did she say that she didn't smoke or that "smoking is bad for you". Also, no one steals ****, they get given them by their mates/randoms in pubs; if you don't want to share yours, don't.

I'm the same; don't mind a smoke when I've had a bit, but at other times it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

ReputationRep:
    Its cool, and dont even say it isnt, because we all know it is

ReputationRep:
    Two reasons;

I enjoy it.

It makes self-righteous preaching b*****ds who want everyone to live their life according to someone else's rules rage so hard they go red in the face.

And I guess because I can use my electronic cig inside clubs and pubs and have everyone wondering what the hell is going on.

ReputationRep:
    you people remind me of these guys: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104382
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i dont smoke, people smoke IMO becuase they give in to peer pressure, t.f. weak minded. smoking is in no way shape or form "cool". and if i were to smoke i'd be very ill as i am asthmatic.

why pay to shorten your life and quality of life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    At no point did she say that she didn't smoke or that "smoking is bad for you". Also, no one steals ****, they get given them by their mates/randoms in pubs; if you don't want to share yours, don't.

I'm the same; don't mind a smoke when I've had a bit, but at other times it just doesn't appeal to me at all.
    If you actually read what I said at the bottom, I said "it doesn't necessarily apply to you, but people like you." Therefore there was no accusation that he/she had said 'smoking is bad for you'.

And I don't give away my ****. However, plenty of friends/acquaintances ask, then often nick one out the packet when they think I'm not looking. There's been a thread on this before and loads of people had the same problem, actually.

ReputationRep:

"who the hell wants to be 90 anyway?"

ReputationRep:
    Because it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    If you actually read what I said at the bottom, I said "it doesn't necessarily apply to you, but people like you." Therefore there was no accusation that he/she had said 'smoking is bad for you'.

And I don't give away my ****. However, plenty of friends/acquaintances ask, then often nick one out the packet when they think I'm not looking. There's been a thread on this before and loads of people had the same problem, actually.
    :eek: Well that's just rude.

If most of that post wasn't aimed at him, why did you even quote him?

ReputationRep:
    ever heard of a nicky rush?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.