The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
people smoke because of group pressure and low selfesteem plus they are usually quite uninformed. its mainly in poor countries with bad education that high levels of the population is smoking. hence because of stupidness.
RightSaidJames
:eek: Well that's just rude.

If most of that post wasn't aimed at him, why did you even quote him?

It is, isn't it? :huff:

His post demonstrated the point I was trying to make - these are always the people that say 'I smoke when I'm drunk', or 'I smoke when I'm stressed'.
Reply 42
IMO:

It's unhealthy, it stinks, and I think people who smoke look more as if they're TRYING to look cool than actually looking cool.

I've heard that it's addictive after quite a few cigarettes over a short amount of time, which is why I HATE it when people want sympathy for being addicted to it.

I smoked about twice which was because I was drunk, which I regret. However, now when I'm drunk I still wouldn't touch them *shakes head*.

They're only around because people used to think they were healthy. Now? I can't see the point in them at all. :-\
Reply 43
i smoked like 5 times, you dont feel ANYTHING ! no effects at all, unlike weed/alcohol, i work as a sales assistant and i can't understand when some people buy like 10-20 pounds worth of cigs
Reply 44
Because Im under the pressure of not ever having a gf and being constantly reminded of it.
Reply 45
Bludclotzz
i smoked like 5 times, you dont feel ANYTHING ! no effects at all, unlike weed/alcohol, i work as a sales assistant till boy and i can't understand when some people buy like 10-20 pounds worth of cigs

corrected.
Reply 46
madima
corrected.

yes on a 6 hour shift, i spent 2 hours on the till, boy..
Reply 47
enjoy it and dont seem to be addicted. i very regularly go for days without a fag when i dont have any on me and forget to pick some up...and even when i ahve em only smoke when i want to...about 2 to 3 daily although sometimes the desire never comes and i go all day without. generally, a pack of 20 silk cut lasts me for 2 weeks

i likie it that way.
I like the feeling, the taste and the way it calms me down.

Being physically and psychologically addicted isn't a nice feeling though.

I smoke 10 to 15 daily
Reply 49
To eradicate the withdrawal effects arising from the last cigarette. It's a cycle. This isn't true for occasional smokers.
because they want to :h:

now i have the billie piper song in my head. :frown:
bigbhoy91
I only smoke when Im wasted. Have no reason why. Wouldnt touch a fag when sober...

My friend does this too, tis rather bellish :yes:
In the words of Billy Piper, smokers are saying:

"Because we want to, because we want to"
Reply 53
oo_Lucinda_oo
OK you, and the other person who said ''only when I'm stressed'', WE ALL HATE YOU.

You go on at us in this self righteous way, like "ooh I only smoke when I'm drunk/stressed, because smoking is bad for you", then you think it's OK to steal our fags, which you don't pay for, whenever you are 'drunk' or 'stressed'.

And you do smoke. It doesn't matter when/how/whatever, you smoke. If you really thought it was so bad, you wouldn't do it, drunk or not, stressed or not. Why does that change anything?!

If anything I'd say we're better than you, as at least we're just addicted, you actually choose to smoke sporadically.

Arrgghhh /rant /rant /rant.

:o: (this isn't necessarily entirely aimed at you, but people like you...)

This
Because they like it.

Ugh, that was so obvious it pained me to type it.
It's smoothing
Reply 56
I like the taste, it's a good cure for boredom, I'm addicted to it and 'cause I want to.
Because it's enjoyable.
Reply 58
I quit exactly two weeks ago
And back then I could have given a range of really really 'great' (read crap) reasons

And now? I have not a bloody clue. I feel the same now as I did when I smoked... except minus cravings everyday :s-smilie: And I eat mints now instead of smoking. :s-smilie:

I didn't really enjoy it lol I much prefer being able to smell and taste food properly :biggrin:
Reply 59
Cos I like getting yellow teeth, I like wasting money on them, I like to cough and find it hard to breathe, I'm quite a big fan of blackened bronchioles! I like smelling of it and seeing people's sour faces when I go near them, I also like littering.

What's wrong with smoking?

:ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending