Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like horror games, and so i was wondering if anyone could recomend some games for me.

I have just completed dead space for the second time, the first time it was really scary, and i waited about half a year before i played it again, so i forgot about all the jumpy parts.
    I have played F.E.A.R. but the sequal doesnt appeal to me. i played a good amount with a friend and it seemed too different.

Im not going to go with games such as Bioshock, or resident evil 5, because they didnt scare me at all, which i was pretty disapointed with.

Any of your suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks~

Also, it would be good if there were difficulty settings, since playing the game on a harder difficulty made me feel more vunerable and so helped make a more tense and scary atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    well, in the horror genre I've played Alone in the Dark and Jericho, but I wouldn't really recommend either of them. Also played the first condemned game, that was actually pretty good, kinda like the "Scary" parts of FEAR, but all the way through. and you don't really get guns, just a flash light and 2x4s and pipes and whatever else you can find lying around. download the demo on xbox live, or you can find it for £10 new anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ever played Half-Life 2?

Certain parts of that scared the bejesus outta me!

ReputationRep:
    Played dead space? But honestly, there aren't many actually scary games out anymore.

(Original post by noggins)
    Ever played Half-Life 2?

Certain parts of that scared the bejesus outta me!
    Same. The Ravenholm parts are quite jumpy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Condemned

It's a damn freaky game alright ( a highly engrossing one as well)

ReputationRep:
    yup, condemned (and condemned 2) they are creepy as. lol. left 4 dead is scary too, things chasing you and being sick on you.

ReputationRep:
    Haha that title really did not sound in favour of the 360!

Anyways: Half-Life 2 was quite "scary" in parts and apparently F.E.A.R. is a good one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTard)
    yup, condemned (and condemned 2) they are creepy as. lol. left 4 dead is scary too, things chasing you and being sick on you.
    Or when you're running and you suddenly hear this crying and weeping.... RUN *****H!!!

ReputationRep:
    There are scarier horror games than DEAD SPACE, but Dead Space is brilliant. So f****** atmoshperic and eerie. The graphical design, the sound design, the presentation and the game mechanics are second to none. I play it on my beloved PC (not a console fan) but I know it is on your Xbox. I urge you to get it, you will not regret it.

Some of the things I saw....they are still with me. Oh god, the blood. I can't say that about many games. It's probably the most complete, the best, and the highest quality game I've played since Half Life 2 came out in 2004.

Please get Dead Space.

ReputationRep:
    Although it's not Xbox 360, Project Zero/Fatal Frame 2 and 3 are the pinnacle. I don't include the first one because I managed to play tht all the way through and just wasn't scared by the end of it as I got used to it I suppose.

Condemned is a good one. It's not one of the best horrors purely for scares but if you include the tension, atmosphere and brutal melee any-weapon-will-do combat you'll find it all works well. It's actually similar to Dead Space then.

Condemned 2 is a no-no. That's where it all goes Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone keep suggesting games the OP has already said he played and did not like or he has played through twice .

Anyways I havn't got a clue about horror games on the xbox beyond Left 4 Dead, which is a brilliant game but not scary, more...an intense sort of play through.
    I can't play horro games, I end up way too conservative and takes me about one hour to get through an easy level :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Condemned

It's a damn freaky game alright ( a highly engrossing one as well)
    I second this, scariest game I've ever played. I felt compelled to keep going with it, even though every instinct just told me to put the controller down and go and do something that wasn't terrifying, haha. It really grips you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose Thief 3 is on Xbox? That asylum level is well known...and the scariest level I've had the pleasure of not having to play through but watch on Youtube instead...

ReputationRep:
    All these fit in the dark theme which I love, judge for yourself if they are scary

Resident Evil 5
    Half life 2 (Ravenholm lmao that's quite freaky)
    Bioshock
    Dead Space
    FEAR 2
    Condemned 2 (Seriously scary imo, I can't play it at night on my own haha, it's no so much the fact the things you fight, more the fact that it's very up close and personal with nothing more than a crowbar etcetera)

All the above are absolutely cracking games, DS and Bioshock being two of my fave games ever, plot wise. And just cos I'm an achievement whore I'll add that I've got Historian on Bioshock, and Maxed Out on Dead Space :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_c)
    There are scarier horror games than DEAD SPACE, but Dead Space is brilliant. So f****** atmoshperic and eerie. The graphical design, the sound design, the presentation and the game mechanics are second to none. I play it on my beloved PC (not a console fan) but I know it is on your Xbox. I urge you to get it, you will not regret it.

Some of the things I saw....they are still with me. Oh god, the blood. I can't say that about many games. It's probably the most complete, the best, and the highest quality game I've played since Half Life 2 came out in 2004.

Please get Dead Space.
    ^ Completely agree.
    I've played Half life 2 about 4x on the xbox 1, and twice more on the 360, around 6 times in total. And I've completed DS 3 times. Compare this to nearly every other game I own which I've completed once only (except bioshock), and you see these two are seriously awesome

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.